New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The BEST RoboCop Enemy!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote

The best enemy is the ED 209s in the reboot.
Awesome robots.

I never took the ED209s seriously before. I never took any bipedal robot seriously before, in anything.
ED209(Robocop 1987)Metal Gear Solid ones, the Goliath in Mutants: Genetic Gladiaters, none of them were any or much good to me.
They never made any sense to me, bipedal robots.
I did like the Goliath, though. Because it can can kill all 3 of your mutants in fights.
The Goliath is a reference to ED209s and metal gears. The games full of them. Almost all mutants are references to something, in various degrees.
There's also a very large robocop reference in the Enforcer.

The new ED209s are awesome, and make perfect sense. Smile
The EM208s are awesome too. Smile
There's also another robot, called the EX... in the mobile game, which is awesome too.
It's like a bigger EM208.

RB 188

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote

Meriandressial :
The new ED209s are awesome, and make perfect sense. Smile

While I do like the redesign (it´s not too bad) they don´t look like the 209 for me. They´re generic robots. The original one has a personality of his (its) own. The original was a vicious, over the top law enforcement with glitches. The new ones are dull.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:59 am Reply with quote

Meriandressial :
The best enemy is the ED 209s in the reboot.
Awesome robots.

Guess we know your criteria for 'Best enemy'. So I take it Boddicker or Cain don't even merit consideration, huh? Anyway, Chanood put it best, the new ED looks fine but lacks any actual character to him, unlike the original. They're just robots and that's it really. Even so, I can't see how you like the reboot version but not care for the original when the reboot one is just an updated look, the layout and aesthetic is still the same.

This not to mention that you contradict yourself by saying you don't get bipedal robots, yet you say you like the reboot ED and the EMs. Last I checked they all get around on two legs. But whatever though.

Still think RoboCAIN is the most badass of the machine enemies. Still don't see how anyone else doesn't. Bah.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote

I did'nt put anyone else, because for a enemy to be good to me, I'd have to like it in some way.
And every enemy but the ones I mentioned are very much in the unlikable catagory.

They're not like Magneto, were you like him, even though he's a villain. They're all absolutely vile.
They work as muhahaha, functional evil, villains, but they ar'nt likable.

RB 188

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote

Meriandressial :
I did'nt put anyone else, because for a enemy to be good to me, I'd have to like it in some way.

I like Clarence and his gang. Yes, they´re bastards, but with a sense of humour. A dark one, if you wish, but they´re likeable (except if they´re going to get you).

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:43 pm Reply with quote

Meriandressial :
And every enemy but the ones I mentioned are very much in the unlikable catagory.

They're not like Magneto, were you like him, even though he's a villain. They're all absolutely vile.
They work as muhahaha, functional evil, villains, but they ar'nt likable.

Liking them isn't a requisite, really, and in fact the argument can be made that if you hate them that makes them the better villains.

That said, I don't see how someone can not in any way like the sheer impractical badassness that is RoboCAIN or the menacing yet humorous ED-209, nor can I see how someone can not find a degree of liking to such awesome and particular characters as Boddicker and his crew. Sure, they're vicious sumbitches, but that combined with their dark, sick humor make them great villains. Yeah, they're vile, but that humor gives them something. They also have a style and way about them, I like that as well. They have something to them, more than most 'muhahaha functional evil villains', and I have to say, calling them that sounds a bit disparaging and insulting, honestly.

So, you disregard them while liking the reboot droids and regarding them as the best enemy of RoboCop, when they too are at best 'muhahaha functional villains' (if that). While many of us deviate here and there, I'm afraid you'll get little if any agreement on that. I myself can't even classify them as RoboCop's best mechanical enemy really, let alone best enemy period. Again, don't quite get your criteria for 'best enemy - If it's predicated solely on whether you like them or not then I guess that's it, but objectively speaking whether you like it/them or not isn't that much of a factor.

Also don't get what it is you're looking for to have a 'likable' villain - To an extent there's no such thing really. I certainly don't see what makes Magneto of all villains any more likable necessarily, but as I said before, whatever.

In conclusion, I did think reboot EDs looked awesome, and made decent adversaries in terms of action. But that's about it really. With that, I posit what would be your 'best enemy' for you in terms of the original film's universe, let us disregard the rebootmake for a moment.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote

Meriandressial :

The thing that made the original ED-209 memorable, lovable, fearsome and iconic was not how much firepower he had but rather how much intelligence he didn't have. The new ED-209 is completely devoid of this deeper layer, instead appearing to be generic action robots. I don't think people will remember them much in 20 years, but the original design has more than stood the test of time. I'll take my robots with a little personality over bland killing machines any day!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:19 am Reply with quote

Pimp I like your point, but it is the lack of intelligence combined with the immense firepower that made it a scary creation. An idiot with missile launchers and assumingly 50 cal fully automatic dual turrets basically is pretty damn frightening. Just had to clear that up. Good point otherwise. Very Happy

But just to close this argument Vallon was the best villain. Or was it Michael Keaton? Hmmmm, both were so memorable. tongue :roll: huh what

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
BurnOne4Robo
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure I quite understand the question. Are we discussing the best villain, or the most formidable foe? The best villain is hands down Clarence. Most formidable foe, though, would have to go to RoboCain.

RB 226

robocop-figure4 nuke-black-thunder magnavolt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote

BurnOne4Robo :
I'm not sure I quite understand the question. Are we discussing the best villain, or the most formidable foe? The best villain is hands down Clarence. Most formidable foe, though, would have to go to RoboCain.

I think this topic's question leans more to the former, though admittedly I suppose both of those are valid here. That said, I agree with you on both of those points completely.

RB 52679

Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote

Okay, villains that ar'nt likable to me, but are good.
By good, I mean they make sense and work well.
Most enemies do work in RoboCop. But some work very well.

Antoine Vallon is good. He's clever, understated. And less bloodthirsty than the corrupt cops.
He is only found out when a gangster lets him down.
And then he he is massively prepared for the fight.

Raymond Sellars is also good. He is understated, clever, and starts out neutrel/evil.
His goal is good. ED209s , EM208s and exosuit soldiers work well were they are deployed.
But he gets more evil as he continues. He is very evil at the end.

One enemy I like, because she's neutrel/evil, is Liz Kline the lawyer.
She is doing her job well, the entire time. She's mean, nasty, but understated.

I don't get the RoboCain liking. He was a nuke junkie cyborg. He's too batcrap mental to work. Like most of Robocop 2.
Hob, he was ridiculous.

RB 188

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:56 am Reply with quote

Seems like everyone in the remake is understated according to you.. Otherwise, I'll disregard further addressing your flawed points since you seem to have disregarded my simple request, which, to be quite frank, is what this damn topic is really about anyway.

Bah, I shouldn't have to repeat this, or even ask this question in the first place here :
I posit what would be your 'best enemy' for you in terms of the original film's universe, let us disregard the rebootmake for a moment.

RB 52679

BurnOne4Robo
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Stan, I'm pretty sure Meriandressial is just trolling at this point.

RB 226

robocop-figure4 nuke-black-thunder magnavolt
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote

"understated" I.E. lame as fuck..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard