New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

What do you prefer: Lewis OR Madigan??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:42 am Reply with quote

Its a real pity that the deleted scenes didnt make it into the movie (R2) or that we dont have a special edition with the scenes reinserted, but what can you do. Overall, I personally think Lewis is good the way she is in the trilogy, could there be a room for something else? Eh, I think it would be unnecessary seeing how the first one defined the characters without any background or motivation. I still felt a strong camaraderie between Robo and Lewis in all the movies, but everyone has different opinions of course, I personally dont feel anything missing

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote

I don't think anything's missing, just think there could have been a wee bit more. Of course that's how I feel about R2 generally, but that's something else. I do agree about the deleted scenes, it is a pity.

Anyway, still Lewis. Of course.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Lazarus.

Joke, obviously Lewis. But I have to say, the actresses who play Lazarus and Madigan are actually perfectly OK. They were never gripes for me about the 3rd film or TV series.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote

Sad point is, I barely remember the TV series and I really dont want to harm myself so I dont want to relive the memories.

But I will say - Loved Lewis in 1, liked Lewis in 2 but she didn't do anything and they should have cast a new actress in 3 if Allen was gonna "I'll do it but she dies" thing.

Madigan was cute though looking at the piccies.

As far as Lazarus is concerned, was she meant to be one of the background techs in Robo 1, fleshed out (Also lead science tech in Robo 2)? Or is she a whole new character? But yeah she was probably more effective than either of the two above.

RB 710

cake
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote

JohnBoyAdvance :
As far as Lazarus is concerned, was she meant to be one of the background techs in Robo 1, fleshed out (Also lead science tech in Robo 2)? Or is she a whole new character? But yeah she was probably more effective than either of the two above.

I'm sure she was an extension of the female lab tech from R2, doubtful she was based in R1 at all, though. Nevertheless, I won't really consider Lazarus 'more effective', and frankly don't like that she became an usurpation of the Lewis role - Sure Lazarus has an important part but it's not the same, R2 did it alright but in R3 she suddenly became an active partner wielding a gun (the Dark Horse comics, also), which was bullshit. Her increased presence and importance, her being 'more effective', came at the expense of the Lewis character. Admittedly she was the next best thing if Lewis had to be killed off, but still, bullshit..

I agree, should have re-cast and kept the character, I would have preferred that. Bah.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
JohnBoyAdvance :

I'm sure she was an extension of the female lab tech from R2, doubtful she was based in R1 at all, though. Nevertheless, I won't really consider Lazarus 'more effective', and frankly don't like that she became an usurpation of the Lewis role - Sure Lazarus has an important part but it's not the same, R2 did it alright but in R3 she suddenly became an active partner wielding a gun (the Dark Horse comics, also), which was bullshit. Her increased presence and importance, her being 'more effective', came at the expense of the Lewis character. Admittedly she was the next best thing if Lewis had to be killed off, but still, bullshit..

I agree, should have re-cast and kept the character, I would have preferred that. Bah.

True. But then again, I could never see Lewis randomly firing off an Uzi. It kinda worked in a guerilla/revolution thing.

Doesn't matter. None of it is canon now! tongue1 I kid.

RB 710

cake
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote

I'd bang'em both...Smile

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
JMRamos87
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:18 am Reply with quote

It's Anne Lewis for me.

RB 77

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
I'd bang'em both...Smile

Spoken like a true gentleman.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote

They are both good. I like them both equally.

Lisa Madigan got more backstory, since she was in a tv series.

RB 188

RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm Reply with quote

Lewis all the way! Nancy Allen did such a wonderful job in the first film that I wanted to see every movie she made. I wish Murphy and Lewis had more onscreen time together in Robocop 2 to show how they’ve grown as partners since the last film. When they killed her off in R3, I was really angry and I didn’t care about the rest of the movie. It’s like they wanted Robo to form a new bond with Dr. Lazarus and Nikko instead. As for Madigan, I liked the episodes where she got addicted to No Gain and in Nano where she became paralyzed. I didn’t care for Yvette Nipar at first because I didn’t like her character Jackie Garrett, Tom Hanson’s (Johnny Depp) girlfriend on a few episodes of 21 Jump Street. Madigan was cool, but I’m fond of Anne Lewis!

RB 1156

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:38 pm Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
It’s like they wanted Robo to form a new bond with Dr. Lazarus and Nikko instead.

Oh yes, that was indeed the idea. Robo got a new family at the end.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Robomania
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Yeah I feel the same with the use of Lazerus being a replacement.

So far as the thread question, it's Lewis for me. I feel kinda bad for the character when I think about the events after the first movie, apparently the role was cut down in R2 (though I am not sure to what degree), killed off early in R3 and then although it was a different thing, not there in the remake.

Madigan did grow on me I guess, there is time to accomplish that in a series.

RB 166

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard