New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

How you became a RoboCop fan ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Knight Racer
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote

I think I first became a fan of robocop when I saw the first movie after the second.I went to the videostore and watched the second movie not knowing what happened in the original.I remember the scene where he electrocutes himself to erase the directives.I was thinking it must be a stupid sequal because of how he acted after all the directives were installed in a robot.I didn't even know he was a cyborg.I saw the next one months or years later and I loved the story.the cartoon tv series,the other cartoon inspector gadget alpha squad,the prime directives mini series starring Danny Devito,and the live action tv series in the 90s no matter how many times he didn't target the bad guy directly for a 1 hit kill shot.I also liked the comics.

RB 316

CroRoboCop
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote

My father used to own a video rental and I have seen second and third movie countless times when I was a kid. I was instantly attracted to the badass Robocop and the action. I was around five at the time and havent seen the first movie until I was 11.

When I saw the first I was blown away. It was the best of the best. Smart, intense, funny... It was everything I thought a movie should be. I loved it. I was a fan since I was a kid, but after seeing the first I was hooked for life.

RB 192

razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:13 am Reply with quote

Well, it's a small journey.

Back in 2001, I caught Prime Directives on Sci-Fi and thought it was cheesy.

Shortly after 9/11, I rented Robocop from the library.

I was shocked to see how deep it was and not some silly shoot em up.

Now, I own the steelbook of the first movie.

Occasionally, I watch Part 2 but to me, Robocop is the be all to end all.

Also played Robocop Vs. The Terminator on the Genesis.

RB 283

toaster baby-food game-xbox
kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: RoboCop is the best.Terminator good,but RoboCop owns!

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote

A friend of mine gave me RoboCop 3 for the nes when I was 3 year old and than I heard there will be screenings of Robocop 1,2 and 3 through the hole week on TV so I watched them all.Enjoyed them ALL.The game was a great hit if it only had 20 levels or smth like mega man games ...

RB 530

Hob976
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:26 am Reply with quote

When I met my girlfriend 9 years ago, I collected anything that was silver ...Mugs, swords, light-sabers, robots, cars... anything silver.

For Christmas, she bought me this...

[/img]

I loved it! And I'd enjoyed Robocop when I was a kid. But I watched it again ...and then again... over and over. All of a sudden I became obsessed.

In particular, for me, it's the suit. The Robocop design is like a Ferrari to me. It's perfect... I could just stair at it all day...

Really, the movie is perfect as well. Scene for scene, I think it was made perfectly. Just a perfectly complete package.

Robocop's just been my thing ever since...

RB 3974

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote

Hob976 :
When I met my girlfriend 9 years ago, I collected anything that was silver ...Mugs, swords, light-sabers, robots, cars... anything silver

That's really fucking strange.

Don't worry though, you're amongst your own her friend.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
RegalSin
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote

I would have to say the Ramen commercial is what got me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLMj5xOgZu0

RB 484

Rob O'Coplin
"The Magic Man"

O-L4

Comment: I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:13 pm Reply with quote

I was about 7 or 8 years old.. yeah pretty young. My parents of all people rented Robocop and we watched it. It was pretty gory and it had some drug use (Morton and the bitches) and I was kinda surprised when my parents allowed myself and my brother who was only a year older to watch it. Back then I was a bit of a wuss, I would have nightmares if I saw anything remotely scary or traumatizing. So I was kinda freaked out by the end of the movie, especially when murphy took his helmet off.

Anyway, after we finished watching the movie, I went to bed and couldn't sleep. After a while I finally fell asleep, thinking yeah Im gonna have a nightmare. Turns out I didn't have a nightmare.. I had a dream with Robocop in it and all I can remember from it was that he arrested someone and he jumped in mid air in celebration... I have never forgot that dream... Im 30 now.. every since then I loved the Robocop Franchise, all except for Robocop 3 and PD.. the TV Show wasn't too bad.

Yeah I know, it was kind of a weird story but that's what made me a Robocop fan.. and I always will be.

RB 210

game-xbox
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing Rob. I'm sure most of us were traumatized as young children seeing this movie, and that's the way we like it.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Rob O'Coplin
"The Magic Man"

O-L4

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote

Funny thing is, my wife can't even watch this movie... she thinks its gross cuz of the ultra violence and she told me that she saw the part where he takes his helmet off for the first time when her parents were watching it years ago and she was just freaked out. Laughing

She scares easily oh dear

RB 210

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote

Strange.. I always thought him taking off the helmet and revealing himself was a neat and beautiful moment, even when I was younger. And this from someone who saw Return of the Jedi after RoboCop.

Neat dream and story though Rob. Sounds pretty awesome to me. I can't say I was traumatized by RoboCop.. That really came from a variety of violent and strong flicks (I saw all that kinda shit when I was young, RoboCop, Terminator, Predator, Toy Soldiers, and so forth) - Terminator 2 probably sat with me the harshest, mainly 'cause I got it in my head all cops were the T1000.. Bah! RoboCop though always sat alright with me.. Of course I never saw the whole thing all the way 'til some time later. In fact, thinking hard about it, I'd have to say I saw all of R2 before R1.. not sure though. Memories of my childhood are fading as time goes on.. Good ol' C-R-S kickin' in.. :roll:

Speaking of your dream, RoboCop jumped? Heh... guess I'm showing my Robo-age when I hear that and think of a particular MindChamber clip... mr green

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
I can't say I was traumatized by RoboCop..

Don't you dot dot me sheepboy lol. I know what those dots mean. Maybe traumatized was the wrong word. Hmmm... How about changed? Reborn? Those fit better. Well if you're obsessed. I feel at this point I'm there. Obsession.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:31 pm Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
Stan The Man :
I can't say I was traumatized by RoboCop..

Don't you dot dot me sheepboy lol. I know what those dots mean. Maybe traumatized was the wrong word. Hmmm... How about changed? Reborn? Those fit better. Well if you're obsessed. I feel at this point I'm there. Obsession.

Well, I did get traumatized, but by a whole slew of films, not just RoboCop. Indeed RoboCop was probably a minor piece in that equation.

But 'changed', yeah that's definitely right, I can dig that.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Rob O'Coplin
"The Magic Man"

O-L4

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Strange.. I always thought him taking off the helmet and revealing himself was a neat and beautiful moment, even when I was younger. And this from someone who saw Return of the Jedi after RoboCop.

Neat dream and story though Rob. Sounds pretty awesome to me. I can't say I was traumatized by RoboCop.. That really came from a variety of violent and strong flicks (I saw all that kinda shit when I was young, RoboCop, Terminator, Predator, Toy Soldiers, and so forth) - Terminator 2 probably sat with me the harshest, mainly 'cause I got it in my head all cops were the T1000.. Bah! RoboCop though always sat alright with me.. Of course I never saw the whole thing all the way 'til some time later. In fact, thinking hard about it, I'd have to say I saw all of R2 before R1.. not sure though. Memories of my childhood are fading as time goes on.. Good ol' C-R-S kickin' in.. :roll:

Speaking of your dream, RoboCop jumped? Heh... guess I'm showing my Robo-age when I hear that and think of a particular MindChamber clip... mr green

Thanks Stan. And, yeah he jumped in mid air.. it was more like his knees went as high as his shoulders when he jumped.. it was really weird. I can already tell that the people on this forum are pretty cool. No judgment or anything, just shooting the breeze. Its a nice change of pace from other forums I've been on. I'm into Hockey as well, being Canadian, and some of the hockey forums are full of jackasses. So yeah, I think that the Archive is pretty cool.

Speaking of Terminator, the original was kinda blah to me when I saw that as a kid. T2 was pretty freaky. Damn T1000, always shape shifting into other people.. But the experience with my first viewing of Robocop was scary at the time when I was young, but I swear, after that dream I guess soon after I wasn't scared anymore. I just grew to love the movie and franchise. I can appreciate it more now that Im older, that's for sure.

RB 210

game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard