New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

How you became a RoboCop fan ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quote

Or also ..where you saw the film first time and what caused you are a fan just of this film ! Many guys here I bet it will be interesting stories ! Smile

here my story

One night when my parents was at work and I was a cheeky 7 years old kid I did not want to sleep my brothers did not know what do with me because I was bad so they took me watch films . Just in the night was Robocop 1 on cable TV Pro7 ( what is a German TV ) The film was also in the time still very very popular cause every one talked about it (also about Terminator but..) .,Well I watch the R1 and it was a strong experience for me ..even the same night when I went into bed I had to sleep with my brothers because I had big fear from the scenes with Emil, Robo and toxic waste ! After this night Robocop became one of my fav heroes! Smile

But I became the totall fan when I saw the film after a few years ..Again my brother caused it .. I came from school and had a bad mod ..my brother
told me that the Robocop will be on our TV channel cause it was my favorite film and hero when I was small I went watch it again ..the film got me again ..still dont know why just the Robocop it is ! Never mind I like it .. I have to say since the time I got from the film or from the Robocop a courage also in the school it was better ! Yeah the films can to change our influence your life ! Smile

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quote

The topic is very interesting my sister nika,
My story is here:

I want my life changed the day I was 8 years old,
my uncle knew a small cinema and knew the owner,
I went to see the film robocop 1 with him,
when I returned to the first in the cinema hall there was a standee has entered the projection room,
I told my uncle: "this is the film that will look?"
my replied: "Yes!"
my eyes were glued on the beauty of armor.
During the film my eyes were glued on the canvas of the
screen cinema and I did not say a single word throughout the film. it seemed my short film and I wanted to see him again & again.
Then my mother buy me a VHS and during the coming 20 years I spent 4 Video tapes and I've seen 628 times,
I went back to school you I ran quickly to go home and see RC1.
I cut any small pictures in magazines,
then I had my first figurine and so forth my passion grew each day ....

After there was the Robocop 2 and everything else but my favorite will always be the Robocop 1.

Robocop has changed my life child in a dream that
I realise today is the age of 32 years,
I slip into the skin of my hero and to be in the armor of the latter,
today I share the greatest number of fans.
Quite simply.

Murphy38.

RB 2354

tiny-cop robocop-head alex-murphy RoboBadge baby-food award
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote

I forget how old i was, but i was staying with my Aunt for the weekend, and i remember i was playing with some kids across the street and she came out and told me we had to go the video store so she could get robocop, then she would take me home, well we rented the video went back to my parents house, eat some food then put in Robocop........and the rest is history.

I would like to thank my Aunt Nancy for renting the movie that changed my life.........cheers Wink

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
AK
DC-L1

DC-L1

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quote

I went to see Robocop when it first came out. My Dad knew I was a dork for robots and cyborgs, so he took my brother and I....You should have seen the look on my Mom's face when she found out (My Dad also introduced me to the realm of horror films as well. To my Mother's chagrin.)
Anyway, long story short: We got the film after it was released on video and it has since become a staple in our household. Even Mom liked it after watching it a few times. I can't remember NOT being a fan.

RB 3069

alien-pulse-rifle
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:20 am Reply with quote

Age four, Mum recorded the heavily edited version off of the TV.

I was happy with that, then came the director's cut, and the mass creaming of my nether reigons...

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
DJR2096
L-L4

L-L4

Comment: They'll fix you.......they fix everything!

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quote

Been to the Cinama to watch Masters of the Univers, and came out with a inhouse movie magazine.
It had pictures of this new cyborg movie called Robocop inside.
I have always loved cyborgs since the Six Million Dollar Man.
The cyborg in question look really cool with his helmet on.
but I was so mesmerized by his apperance with his helmet off.

I was way to young to go see the movie at the cinama.
So as I had to go in to Hospital Sad robo , I got the book to read. Happy robo

Soon as it came out on Video. it was mine to watch!
The move lived up to every expectation I had.
Ya know what? It still dose after althese years.
thumb1 thumb1

RB 2513

dvd-robocop1 robocop-figure3
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quote

I was 3 years old. My bro had already seen RoboCop 1 in theatres and my dad got a tape from a friend of his which had R1 and R2 dubbed badly from German. So I sat down and watched it with my brother. I didn't understand the plot, but I immediately fell in love with the movie. So I watched the tape again and again and when my dad went to visit his friend once I'm like: "Hey, can I come too? I haven't watched RoboCop in 2 weeks!" or something like that...
So I grew up with that pirate tape. Never even knew there was RoboCop 3, but I knew about the Marvel Cartoon and had seen a few eps.
So in 1998 we were in Poland and we went into a toy store and I see a bootleg RoboCop. I was just: "How come we don't have these?" So my brother persuaded my parents to buy us that toy.
Then, around 2000-2001 I got the RoboCop game for the NES (I got my NES in 1999) and after I learned the RoboCop theme from it. I met with a kid who was a big RoboCop fan too (and had a Robo Backpack) and we were talking RoboCop only. He had that old dub of R1 too, so I watched it again. And then one day on TV - RoboCop 2! COOL! And the next week...RoboCop 3? What! There's RoboCop 3?!?!!?!
And there I am trying to stay awake at midnight, watching R3 and getting exited because the movie had the theme from "the game". I taped the movie, of course!

I got back to Robo with a bang, collecting RoboCop stuff and visiting the board from time to time (I only had 50 posts or something). And now I consider myself a big fan!

Yet another thing passed to me from my brother...

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I got back to Robo with a bang, collecting RoboCop stuff and visiting the board from time to time (I only had 50 posts or something). And now I consider myself a big fan!

Same here, before the Archive i didn't really persue the collecting of robocop merch (had a poster and the dvd, and the Neca),
but now that i know that there are many robo fans just like me, The Robocop bug bit me pretty hard it's been non-stop collecting for about year and half, all though
i haven't puchased that much as of late, mostly because of gas prices and just living...........

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quote

hey all that are interesting stories ! Smile

Quote:
RoboCop 2! COOL! And the next week...RoboCop 3? What! There's RoboCop 3?!?!!?!

haha yeah when I the second time "discovered" the Robocop I heard something about R3 but I did not know if it was filmed already ..and it was a 1996 year mr green I asked my brothers if they know something about it ..One of my brothers saw the R3 in cinema ..immediatelly I had to get a VHS tape ! I thought it is great ..but it was not Confused

about the collecting .. I remember I had to cut every one pict with Robo from magazines it was my first step to a collection ! mr green I wanted a nice fugure or statue ( like in the Robocop 3 what Nikko had ) but I did not can to bought anything ..so I created a few statues from clay ( maybe you remember I have posted some picts ) and first great thing in my collection was the auto 9
but the real big collectmania started HERE when I joined ... everyone talked about ebay so I tried it as well ..! from the time what i am here I got the Neca , Kotobukia , and Hot Toys figure also the DVD Robocop the series ! thanks RA ! Smile

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Xeno
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:46 am Reply with quote

Well it was 1993 and i was still in school. My parents took me to shopping mall and there i saw 8 inches of RoboCop goodness. It was Toy Island gunarm Robo toy. I didnt know about the character, but somehow it was appealing to me, Then i saw a novelization book. My parents told me they will buy it for me if i pass my school test, which i didnt. So they bought a book and hid it. It was a great quest for me to get that book. I passed all tests and exams and to my joy i recived this treasure. Since then it was rollercoaster - videogames, books, toys and movies. Robo 3 was my first one, and i was to scared to see Robo 1. I remember rewinding Murphy death scene. Ahh those were good days.

RB 617

Skeith
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: Robocop - He Is Only Human... He Is Alex Murphy

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:16 am Reply with quote

Well. My story began on the day that I went to my father's work. I was 13 back then. He was repairing some VHS players and in one of them was a tape with Robocop movie. I watched it only a little, but it caught my eye. I then took that tape and watched the film. Now I'm Robocop FAN forever. Mostly I was moved by Alex's sense of justice and honor.

RB 120

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote

Nika Silwerra :
hey all that are interesting stories ! Smile

about the collecting .. I remember I had to cut every one pict with Robo from magazines it was my first step to a collection ! mr green Smile

Same here. Me and the bro had a notebook where we listed all our action figures and put pictures or drawings of them and for Robo we had a photo from the TV Schedule.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboStud
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:24 pm Reply with quote

I moved to the United States 1987 when RoboCop came out, heard of the film, but didn't bother checking it out in Theater because my English was terrible then, and I was only 10 at the time so I couldn't get in. Remember seeing the RoboCop animation on Saturday morning and I thought it was really cool how RoboCop handled the pistols, and I knew it was base on a R-Rated Film because some kids from School saw it before, and I was really interested in seeing how Murphy died so I asked my elder brother to rent it for me in VHS tape back then. I remember I couldn't watch the Murphy Death Scene because I was shocked at the violent ED 209 scene earlier, I walked away to the next room, remembering my elder brother telling me "OMG, they just shot his hand off..." I was really terrified imagine how gross it would look. But I was really impress when RoboCop first walk into the Police Station, and I quickly notice the movie RoboCop didn't have one red eye like the cartoon and his crotch area is black instead of gray like the Cartoon...Ha! I love it the movie when I saw the Shoot out scene in the warehouse (Robo Shoot without Looking) and the battle with ED209. I finally took the courage to see the Murphy Death Scene few days later. When I finally saw the Un-Rated Version, I was working already, and I enjoyed the extended death scene with over the top violence.

So for me, I actually became RoboFan surprisingly from the Animation first then the Film...But now I look back at the animation, it's quite stupid as I grew up.

RB 505

Philip17
And the Masters of the Universe

L-L2

Comment: Its a good day to die!

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote

The first time I saw robocop was the robocop marvel cartoons on tape!

I think the cartoons were very cool, I was just a little kid, so my mom told me that was a movie, but didnīt want me to see it! because the violence was extreme!!
Thanks to my grandmother, she let me see the first robocop movie, and even has a kid I loved the violence scenes!!! they were just awesome, then I started collecting robo items.... but at the time they didnīt understand that, and also wasted money in other toys.... but then I went to see also the other movies, and also liked it!!!

Since the first time I saw the movie... I could never stop again!!!!
I am now a fan Very Happy

When duty calls; you pay the price!
Join today!

RB 537

sgt-reed Masters-Skeletor Masters-Sword SW-Imperial
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard