New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

How you became a RoboCop fan ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Alex J Murphy
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:50 am Reply with quote

I think I saw the movie for the first time around 94-95, so I was 4 or 5 years old. Way too young for this kind of movie. I remember my father didn't allow me to watch the Murphy death scene and maybe some others. I don't really remember because it was longtime ago. But when I was a little older, I saw this scene, and since, I'm a little "stressed" before the scene happens (which is one of my favorite), but it's ok when it's coming and I'm feeling good lol.
But I loved this movie since the first time I've been watching it, and I can't forget about it, because that's damn good ! Especially the OCP vest, don't know why (Need that stuff !) Laughing

Brief, I love Robocop.

RB 70

Addison81
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote

Hey everyone I'm new here. This seems to be a great forum for ROBOCOP fans and I'm happy to join. I became a ROBOCOP fan when I saw the movie for the first time in 1988 at age 7. I closed my eyes during a lot of it but I knew I loved it.ROBOCOP is my favorite film of all time and everytime I watch it I'm amazed how great it has held up.I'm looking forward to some great discussions on here.

RB 20

Junko
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

Comment: I'm a Japanese woman who loves to draw and dance. Check my robo artwork, please!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote

It’s kinda weird I am a huge fan of Robocop because I hate violence, gross and blood movies.
Maybe it’s a same thing as many girls don’t like them.
So, when I saw Robocop at the first time in a movie theater, I couldn’t see the whole part when Murphy was murdered
(Actually, still I always skip that part when I see the dvd).

After all, I went to see it 3 times in the theater. I was totally obsessed.
Then, after I read the novels(R1 & R2), I got into the story more, especially, focusing on the relationship between Robo & Lewis.
That’s when I got started to draw them by myself.Wink
I was still a teenager, and here are some very old and poor-quality drawings of mine(Sorry all in Japanese).

At that time, I used real pens and paper for comic, and drew in only black and white.
Digital drawing tools are definitely much more useful than hand drawing, and looks more beautiful. Wink

RB 859

indianajones-figure
Rob O'Coplin
"The Magic Man"

O-L4

Comment: I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Junko :
It’s kinda weird I am a huge fan of Robocop because I hate violence, gross and blood movies.
Maybe it’s a same thing as many girls don’t like them.
So, when I saw Robocop at the first time in a movie theater, I couldn’t see the whole part when Murphy was murdered
(Actually, still I always skip that part when I see the dvd).

After all, I went to see it 3 times in the theater. I was totally obsessed.
Then, after I read the novels(R1 & R2), I got into the story more, especially, focusing on the relationship between Robo & Lewis.
That’s when I got started to draw them by myself.Wink
I was still a teenager, and here are some very old and poor-quality drawings of mine(Sorry all in Japanese).

At that time, I used real pens and paper for comic, and drew in only black and white.
Digital drawing tools are definitely much more useful than hand drawing, and looks more beautiful. Wink

That's a very interesting story, man. I really like your comic. You have skills.

I think a lot of us were freaked out by Clarence Boddicker and his gang murdering Murphy. When I was a kid, yeah it was hard to watch. I am now desensitized to the violence. Nothing really surprises me in movies anymore.

RB 210

game-xbox
Junko
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

Comment: I'm a Japanese woman who loves to draw and dance. Check my robo artwork, please!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:10 am Reply with quote

Rob O'Coplin :

That's a very interesting story, man. I really like your comic. You have skills.

I think a lot of us were freaked out by Clarence Boddicker and his gang murdering Murphy. When I was a kid, yeah it was hard to watch. I am now desensitized to the violence. Nothing really surprises me in movies anymore.

Wow, you understand the comic even in Japanese and the poor drawing?
Thanks a lot! Wink

Hope you also like my new comic on another thread! Smile

RB 859

indianajones-figure
Rob O'Coplin
"The Magic Man"

O-L4

Comment: I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote

Junko :
Rob O'Coplin :

Wow, you understand the comic even in Japanese and the poor drawing?
Thanks a lot! Wink

Hope you also like my new comic on another thread! Smile

Well, no I cant read Japanese.. I just like the drawings. Very nice.

RB 210

game-xbox
JMRamos87
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:13 am Reply with quote

I started out by watching the spots for the new RoboCop in cinemas. And after the day of the Philippine premiere, in which I watched it for the first time... I decided to play the classic theme in YouTube... and the rest is history.

Now whenever I go out of the house, I would wear like Alex Murphy (before wearing the suit) and do the RoboWalk...

and always say Dead or alive, you're coming with me!

I'm also now watching several episodes of the TV series as well.

As a person recovering from behavioral disability, the new RoboCop has inspired me to do the right thing. I'm truly happy to be a fan and to be here on the archive.

THANKS ROBOCOP!!!
Happy robo

RB 77

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote

@Junko, I could be wrong, but after seeing your comics. They are two seperate pieces?

The scene on the left is Clarence meeting with the drug dealers in the wharehouse?

The scene on the right is Clarence throwing Bobby out of the truck?

How old were you when you drew those and how old are you now? If you don't mind me asking.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Junko
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:14 am Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :
@Junko, I could be wrong, but after seeing your comics. They are two seperate pieces?

The scene on the left is Clarence meeting with the drug dealers in the wharehouse?

The scene on the right is Clarence throwing Bobby out of the truck?

How old were you when you drew those and how old are you now? If you don't mind me asking.

Hi, WeKilledYou. Smile
Thank you for asking some questions about my old stupid comics.Wink
They are two seperate pieces?→Yes!
The scene on the left is Clarence meeting with the drug dealers in the wharehouse?→Yes!
The scene on the right is Clarence throwing Bobby out of the truck?→Yes!
How old were you when you drew those and how old are you now? If you don't mind me asking.→ I'm not telling you. shutup Laughing Laughing Don't ask a lady's age. Wink

Instead of not telling my age, I put a picture of myself as my avatar for a while. Wink
It was the one when I traveled to Hawaii last May. Hope you enjoy imaging how old I am now. tongue
Though it's too small to find it out, isn't it? :roll:

RB 859

indianajones-figure
Biosynth
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote

Quite a few years ago I was a member of this forum (I even still remembered my name and password!) . It's good to be back.

I guess I'm the resident "old broad" here, haha. I saw the original Robocop on first release in 1987. At that point I was at college already for a couple of years.

My friend and I instantly fell in love with all things Robocop. And since then I've been a dedicated fan. I've seen all the TV series as well (loved it and now have it on DVD) and Prime Directives, though I complained through a lot of it. The new one is ok, though I still prefer the original.

What made me a fan....well, I love most things Robot and Cyborg, have for as long as I remember. I loved the whole human aspect of the story. Expecially, "I'm a robot, I'm a robot.....wait! I'm a HUMAN!"

That and the character is just so impressive. The movements, the look, the acting, it's all really good.

RB 12

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote

Junko :
They are two seperate pieces?→Yes!
The scene on the left is Clarence meeting with the drug dealers in the wharehouse?→Yes!
The scene on the right is Clarence throwing Bobby out of the truck?→Yes!

You have no idea how pleased I am that I was correct with my assumptions Very Happy

Also, your usage of smileys and exclamation points amuses me to no end.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote

I had a house music compilation cassette (still do!) called Deep Heat 5 - Feed The Fever. The first track was "20 Seconds To Comply" by UK rapper Silver Bullet. I played it in my Dad's car on a long journey and he instantly recognised the voice samples, saying he'd seen the film. He showed me a Sky TV Guide with an article on the film (there were third act pictures of Robo & Lewis, Robo & Clarence and "acid hoodlum" Emil).

When it was next on Sky Movies, he recorded it on VHS to show me the ED-209 scene, stopping it before Kinney became a bloody mess. I pestered him constantly until he showed me the full scene, and then the full film. I eventually got to watch it on my 10th birthday round his house with an oven pizza and bottle of Lucozade.

I always imagined what that track would look like intercut with film clips. Years later, I got some video editing software and got to realise it. You can watch it here http://www.youtube.com/jimwantsaliens Very Happy

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote

Biosynth :
Quite a few years ago I was a member of this forum (I even still remembered my name and password!) . It's good to be back.

I guess I'm the resident "old broad" here, haha. I saw the original Robocop on first release in 1987. At that point I was at college already for a couple of years.

So who are you? Er, were you? And good to see you back (a 'welcome' would be for the welcome topic, so there tongue)

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote

I watched it in about 1990 or 1991, when I was 10 or 11, not sure.
It was on VHS. My mother rented it, along with Terminater.
I was 7 when it came out, so did'nt see it in the cinema.

I loved the series from the first time I saw it. Smile
It's very awesome and unique.

The toxic waste scene was a bit disturbing to me, but not bad. I did'nt think of the word 'acid' in the same way, ever again.

But I missed some stuff when it was on, due to UK tv being terrible at showing good stuff.
They were so bad they missed the end of the G1 transformers series.
I don't think they even showed RoboCop: The Animated Series.

I watched the 3 cinema films on VHS, in the time they came out.
But missed the tv series, The Animated Series, Alpha Commando, and Prime Directives when they were on.
Not that Uk tv would have got some of these, quite frankly.

I'm watching, etc, the things I missed now.
I had no idea they made comics, books, etc! I want to see those.

I got back into robocop when the absolutely awesome reboot came out. Smile

I like all robocop stuff in various degrees. I like most of it.

Bad as the 3rd film was, I've had to sit through much worse crap since then.
Thor, The Rock films, Chinese Zodiac, Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengence, to name a few. So many bad films!

My favourite RoboCop things are RoboCop(2014) film, RoboCop(1987). I like all of them, really.

I was so excited when the new film came out! Very Happy

I deliberately don't notice films in the cinema, or buy dvds.
But I was so determined to see that, I went to the cinema to see it.
Then bought the bluray dvd when it came out.
I am so glad they made that film! Very Happy

I don't buy dvds, the dvd was a very rare exception. So I'm wary on buying things too much.
I only buy what I need, use, or play.
But I might get RoboCop(1987) on dvd. And Prime Directives if I see it.

I did'nt buy a Prime Directives 2 film set, with the first 2 films and 2 others, when I saw it. And I regret that. I should have got it.

RB 188

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard