New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

How you became a RoboCop fan ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

robojunk
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:19 pm Reply with quote

Hi.

After looking at arround here, I wanted to tell you guys a little story you might find funny, not really sure where to post.

When I was about 10, a babysitter got me and my younger sister RoboCop to watch. I decided that RoboCop was really cool, and I was going to build him. Not a replica, or a prop, or a toy. A real RoboCop. I figured I would use empty drink cans and circuits from broken toys. I couldn't cut the cans with knives borrowed from the kitchen, and the toy circuits wouldn't do anything no mater what combination I twisted the wires together in.

I ended up with Murphy, pre shooting, made from a box wearing old clothes, newspaper in arms and legs, a balloon for a head, and a kid size rubber dart shooting Auto 9. He was much bigger than I was at the time. I sat him on my desk, to guard my bedroom door.

That thing scared the poop out of me every time I walked into the room. You know how sometimes even a close friend can scare you when you don't expect to see them? Imagine that with something twice your size, with a green head, and totally non human.

I had forgotten about that until I found this forum, so cheers guys. Also you guys are slightly crazy to like Robo enough to have a a forum about him. I think it is rubbing off on me, I really want an adult sized Auto 9 now. Just to put on the wall and look at of course, would never be so immature to spin it on my finger...

RB 25

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:05 am Reply with quote

robojunk :
would never be so immature to spin it on my finger...

I don't think this is the best place for you then. Everybody needs to twirl their Auto-9 from time to time, even if they fail miserably at it.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:40 pm Reply with quote

robojunk :
Also you guys are slightly crazy to like Robo enough to have a a forum about him. I think it is rubbing off on me, I really want an adult sized Auto 9 now. Just to put on the wall and look at of course, would never be so immature to spin it on my finger...

You were perfectly correct on your first point, but woefully incorrect on your last one. No self-respecting RoboCop fan with an Auto-9 would ever miss any chance to spin or pose with it.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote

I am assuming junk is being sarcastic or facetious but I was forced to do this right now anyway!

And this!

And a little more spinning. Can't tell though... Another new shirt though!

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:52 pm Reply with quote

Public Trust for Demise for reasons!

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
I concur, thus, present RD with his 100+PT

RB 2548

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:43 am Reply with quote

Zentron :
Josh :
I concur, thus, present RD with his 100+PT

I thank you zen but you really gave me 101 because earlier I was at 100 and somebody gave me a negative... Been checking the forum quite a bit today. Confused

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:43 am Reply with quote

Fucking love it Demise! Very Happy Love the hoodie and shirt (and gun, that goes without saying though, shit in fact, it all goes without saying, what-the-hell-ever).

Really need to get some swag of my own.. of course I really need to not be poverty stricken first.. Bah. Anyway! Bottom line, good shit and well-deserved PT award to go with it. Nicely done, you fucken nut. Wink Though I must admit I'm a bit disappointed in a way that you actually have achieved 100PTs.. Oh well. Beggars can't be choosers.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote

Demise, get ready, another PT is coming your way soon!!

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:41 am Reply with quote

i saw an early home video copy of robocop. that was back when you could see it in theaters and then hit the swap meet and find a perfect copy for $5.

5 year old me was hooked.

RB 643

Moon-Vixen
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:26 pm Reply with quote

First - I have no idea how to make my own signature, so - I'm sorry for my english!

Well, I'm new here, so maybe I write something about me and Robo ^^
I'm a 26 year old girl from Poland, the first time I saw this movie I was aged 7-8, I can not remember exactly... I did not understand this movie quite well, but I liked the main character (and I like to this day), i admired his bravery and I was sad for what happened to him. As a little girl I keep a notebook with all the newspaper clippings, I drew tons of fan arts "to the drawer". But in time my enthusiasm has weakened, I did not personally know anyone who would like Robo like me. Then, where I lived, everyone likes Star Wars and I liked them too, I read books, comics, etc. ... I hid Robo deep for myself. But as a fan, nothing has disappointed me like Star Wars since the time that bought them Disney :/ Robo from 2014 was not that bad, thanks to it, the world reminded a little about the old, good RoboCop Wink Since then, I have been living on the subject, but I have no way to share my thoughts. In Poland there are not many comic books in polish or at all they can not be bought. Buying abroad is very expensive and risky.

I have known this forum for a long time and often come here but I never knew what to write, my english is soo bad, so I did not set up an account. For now. But I hope to change that Wink

RB 65

RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:10 pm Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Moon-Vixen!

I tend to visit Poland from time to time (my brother's wife is Polish and they live in Wyszkow) and it's a great country. Trust me, you guys have MUCH more comics (and movies) than we in Bulgaria ever had. I drool every time I go in one of your bookstores!

I'm pretty sure that just like you, a lot of us didn't exactly "understand" RoboCop, but just thought it looked amazing. I know I sure did (I was 3 when I saw it for the first time, my dad borrowed R1 and R2 on VHS from a cousin of my mom's).

RB 12622

Victorboris1
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 pm Reply with quote

I don't know how old I was, but it was thanks to the first movie. When I saw the scene when Robo's leg first opens itself to reveal the handgun, that just blew me away, it was so fucking cool.

RB 36

Robomania
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:07 am Reply with quote

I didn't see it when it was first out but I caught some of the 2nd movie on TV and quickly took to it, so went out and bought all the movies. This may have been in 95, the Series was airing at the time so I watched that too.

RB 166

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard