New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop on Youtube
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:55 am Reply with quote

Yarbles :
New RoboCop bit from Robot Chicken.... kinda funny. Kinda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TPeWAgzwi4

Wow, that was probably the least funniest Sketch on Robot Chicken I've ever seen. I didn't even giggle.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Maxlee
C-L1

C-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote

I haven't exactly been up to date with all the RoboCop figures that have come out these past years, so is that RoboCop figure used in that Robot Chicken scene one that makes you say "it's obviously this or that figure" or did they make one themselves?

RB 1560

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote

It is the standard NECA 7 inch figure.
They have released a whole bunch of versions including a battle damaged and a retro glow in the dark. In august they release a version with flightpack and cobra gun.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote

Maxlee, I'll gladly PM you pics of my standard 7" if you're still confused.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :

I'm not convinced it's quite that big, and I find the head is out of proportion.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Maxlee
C-L1

C-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :

But I enjoy being confused! Very Happy

I was just wondering if that Robot Chicken sketch made some of you guys go all like "cool I own that figure!" that's all tongue

RB 1560

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Screen Junkies (the guys behind the Honest Trailers) chose the best 80's action movie and "Robocop" did fairly well, attaining the top 4 only losing to the final winner "Die Hard".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzWTt1I3xvU

IMHO these guys really respect Robo, actually their 1987 Robocop Honest Trailer was overall a positive one which is pretty rare (they usually bash and make fun of the movies they make honest trailers of).

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote

I agree, Honest Trailers was quite good to RoboCop in comparison to other stuff I've seen.

I can understand Die Hard getting the top spot, it pretty much defined the quintessential action film, well, pretty much ever since it came out really. Whereas RoboCop is much more than an action film, that's not it's major bag really, though it does have awesome action in it. Not that it matters, RoboCop is above all this shit for me anyway. Wink In regards to this, I personally would've put Predator on that top spot though, it's got as much action as Die Hard, more awesomeness, suspense, and of course the badass Predator itself. But that's me. At least it made No. 2.

That said, I kinda disliked how they chumped some of the choices but I understood it and found it was done quite fairly - They are talking about 'best action' and when you have options like Beverly Hills Cop, RoboCop, Escape From New York and so forth that aren't really mostly action, well they may not be as regarded there, so again, I get it.

One thing that peeved me though was some of the choices, I didn't get why a couple of options were there, and don't understand why they didn't have some certain films, notably Aliens, WTF? How can that not come up when you talk 80s action flicks? Bah.

Long-story-long, I am psyched that RoboCop got to the top 4 and beat out Lethal Weapon which is one I like a lot. Much as I like LW, as the guy said, there's no toxic waste scene in it, and such. Smile

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote

I guess Aliens didn't fulfill any of their requisites to qualify: no terrorists, no drug lords, no buddy cops, no schwarzenneger or stallone Smile

Its funny how 4 Arnold movies made it into the top 8.

I personally could dispute First Blood not being there since it has Stallone! Probably because it is early 80's (actually it feels like a 70's movie) and having to choose iconic action films Rambo II was more relevant and pure action oriented, yet much inferior to the first film.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
I guess Aliens didn't fulfill any of their requisites to qualify: no terrorists, no drug lords, no buddy cops, no schwarzenneger or stallone Smile

I think the Xenomorphs are quite terrifying. tongue That said, a couple of choices that are there might not fit that bill entirely. Strictly-speaking Die Hard doesn't have any of that (Gruber and his crew are elaborate robbers not terrorists, even Gruber says in the film "Who said we were terrorists?"). Although, actually, Powell and McClane certainly are buddy cops as much as I've seen in anything else so I'm wrong there at least, but that's about it. But hey, as I more-or-less put earlier, I got no problem with it being first in this contest so I'm just quasi-bitching for nothing here.

artuditu :
I personally could dispute First Blood not being there since it has Stallone! Probably because it is early 80's (actually it feels like a 70's movie) and having to choose iconic action films Rambo II was more relevant and pure action oriented, yet much inferior to the first film.

I thought about the original First Blood as well, but it indeed doesn't have quite the tone of those other films - It's more about anguish, and not really that big on 'action'. Plus it doesn't really fit any of their given criteria. It's probably a good thing they made those limitations, otherwise there would be a LOT more films to consider. One thing however is that there's no low-rent or 'B' films, which is a shame because there are some good ones in that realm and that fit those requirements, some Seagal stuff and such. But I'm sure one of the unspoken rules was that it be a major or well-known movie so there ya go.

Anyway, this was a good contest, and I'm pleased with how well RoboCop did. I did like the one fella finally calling that other shit out on talking about the later franchises and basing his votes on that, that irked me a bit there. Otherwise this was ok. Thanks again, artu.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote

The whole thing is pretty entertaining but watch for Weller's bit.
http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-hilarious-star-trek-darkness-blooper-reel/
Star Trek Into Darkness blooper reel

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: I am RoboAnt!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:50 am Reply with quote

Escapist's MovieBob says why the original RoboCop movie/film still rules.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ-jA7bR-Sw from http://videosift.com/video/moviebob-why-robocop-still-rules

RB 2922

cake
ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: I am RoboAnt!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:34 am Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJLC8W7kf7c

RB 2922

cake
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Robocop vs Iron Man teaser (stop motion) by DGDXanimation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8k19VID6zI

RB 6857

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Picture and Video Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard