New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2010 - Early Teaser Poster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote

Tony Stark :
If this is a sequel, let's hope they start after RC2 leaving RC3 out of the picture

It's sequel appraisal time!

So, let's say they do decide to make a sequel. Chances are, they will avoid R2 and R3. But then again, it probably won't be a direct sequel at all. Think about it though, R2 and R3 weren't either. Imagine if R2 didn't exist, R3 would still have made sense. One reason they weren't that great of sequels is that they are self-contained stories without any kind of real growth or change in the Robocop universe. Look at R1. At the start, there is a cop named Alex Murphy and a gang of hoodlums led by Clarence. At the end, the gang is knocked out and OCP now has Robocop instead of Murphy. A big fucking change,eh? . R2, starts with Robocop being a crime fighting force, having been on the streets for a while. At the end, Robocop is still there, pretty much the same as always, and the only characters that have had any thing important happen to them were introduced in this movie. R3, yep, Robocop's still a fighting force. The only changes in the universe, such as the situation of OCP, are said to have happened before the movie began. At the end, pretty much where it stared.

And that's what sets these sequels apart from the first movie. The first film had character growth, and moved vertically. The sequels were flat action movies which didn't move the character forward at all.

So, if they are making a sequel, it doesn't really matter where they start it. The sequels could have happened without them making any sort of reference to the events in them. They didn't change anythign in the universe, so the new sequel can ignore them without retconning them.

This also means that if it was going the sequel route the would have a blank slate. Films like Starwars, shit happens and the whole galaxy changes from start to finish. You have to deal with that when crafting something new after them. Imagine if you went from A New Hope right to Return of the Jedi. You'd have a lot of questions about what happened in between, right? Well not the case with Robo. You could skip 2 and 3 and be right where you left off.

As such the new film would most likely choose to distance itself from previous installments. Not stat right after, some time in the future, so that previous films matter less. It might not even be a sequel really, just a kind of "Yeah Robocop's here, and R1 happened but you don't need to see it to know the story" kind of thing.

So, in conclusion, the existing sequels don't really factor in to the new sequel at all, and that's a big IF on if they're doing a sequel at all.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quote

I like this!!
Can't wait for the next update and/or teaser!!

Very Happy

RB 4892

Ed-260
Robocop_Unit_1983
C-L2

C-L2

Troop Commander

Comment: I'm having...trouble...

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:24 pm Reply with quote

By the way things feel at the moment and as Archive mentioned that it wasn't going to be done in 2010, I am sure it will be made in 2012, with Universal Studios spearheading the production of Robocop, not MGM, for I sense someone in Universal has seen the great potential the character of Robocop has, and will not hesitate to get Universal involved in a purchase of the Robocop franchise from MGM. Some of you fear it might be a cheesy completely 3D CGI film, and to you I say that you shouldn't worry about it. I am very confident the next Robocop movie we get is going to be a totally new and different chapter in the Robocop storyline. Verhoeven will not be the one directing the movie, as it will be Mr. Favreau (and it was bound to happen anyway), and yes indeed good friends, Ed Neumier and Michael Miner will be the ones writing and producing the script for this future movie.

We have much good things to expect about this movie, I myself will disagree with all of that doth protest too much for so little a minor error. Personally I don't care too much for the teaser picture, because I am sure that it is also a placeholder for what's about to come and in the long run it's something instead of nothing.

I entreat all of ye who doth protest to calm thy weary little minds, sit down, and simply watch the events unfold. From a conversation I've had with a friend of mine who teaches creative writing her words to describe Robocop were the following

Apral the wise :
he is such an underrated hero who sacrificed himself for the greater good

What she implied by saying that he was an underrated hero was that Robocop wasn't given the credit he deserved, unlike overrated heroes like Superman (no offense superman fans) and a few others.

I myself am pissed off that a majority in the United States doesn't recognize the powerful human symbolism that Robocop represents, because this movie shows that even when we die, we have "hope beyond all hope" as Christoff Romuald from Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption said in that videogame.

But after so long (from 1987 to definitely 2012) those important few in Hollywood have become aware of the value that Robocop represents, especially now in this time when humanity finds itself in the iron grip of darkness, decadence, overspending, corruption, and utter contemptuous regard that wealthy people have over their fellow man who doesn't have as much money as they do.

So be happy about a new Robocop film, because a new Robocop film means that we are in a time in which we must change our ways for the better of humanity and ourselves. Happy robo

RB 2850

award ED-209 hamburger
Tony Stark
R-L1

R-L1

Comment: I'm Richer Than You.

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quote

you are right RoboPimp

RB 1

Cain
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: NUKE MOOORRREE NUKE! I sooooo love CAIN CYBORG

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:44 am Reply with quote

Well i'd also love to see a robocop 2 remake but with a real Cain robot as now we have the technology to build such a cool machine. Any votes on this one you guys?

RB -359

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard