New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

MGM RoboCop 2010 Promo flyer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
Xeno
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote

It is two ways of doing Robo 2010
First its a siquel - i would prefer if they did siquel to first movie. But i think they wont.
Second one is complete reboot. Ala Batman Begins. And if they choose remake they will do it shiny, high tech with alot of CGI.
But as much as i would like to have grounded Robo movie with homage to the first film i think we will never see better movie that "Verhoeven RoboCop".
Why flightpack? Why not redesign whole look of Murphy?

RB 617

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote

Xeno :
Why not redesign whole look of Murphy?

First you want Robo to fly, and now you want a re-design of RoboCop?

You worry me. tongue

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Xeno
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Xeno :
Why not redesign whole look of Murphy?

First you want Robo to fly, and now you want a re-design of RoboCop?
You worry me. tongue

They will make changes to the look. It is without a doubt. I dont want it to look like RoboCable or worse.
Better redesign than that. Besides if they hire talented designer it will be great.

RB 617

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, as a re-boot, some kind of re-design is inevitable. I'm excited and scared at the same time. Wink

At least we are getting something NEW, which is something we really need at this point. The time leading up to 2010 will be thrilling to say the least. Smile

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Koutetsu Kaigun
Ironclad Warfare Historian

Sgt-L2

Comment: Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation.

Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Archive,

It will be interesting. With Stan Winston no long with us, who do you think will get the job? I do not know who took over the reins at his studio.

平和、

鋼鉄 海軍

RB 27228

Ed-260 rocketeer-helmet batman-card ironman auto9 Lightsaber-Red delorean-car Johnny5
Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote

Koutetsu Kaigun :
It will be interesting. With Stan Winston no long with us, who do you think will get the job? I do not know who took over the reins at his studio.

Winston was more a Terminator guy anyway, and less RoboCop. Wink I would hope Rob Bottin would at least get a chance, but somehow i don't think he or Phil Tipped will be involved much, if at all.

I assume any new design is gonna end up more slick and streamlined, but personally i think the whole bulky feeling is part of the charm of RoboCop. Ironman's suit is cool but it all feels a bit too hightech for my taste.

RB 348711

Koutetsu Kaigun

Sgt-L2

Comment: Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation.

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote

Archive,

Agreed about the high-tech feel of Iron Man. RoboCop seems more like a mid-tech sort of guy. Especially since he was somewhat thrown together as a power play against the ED-209 project.
I like the idea of interchangeable parts, but I fear that would get a little too silly. And, with the internal weapon system idea, I worry that it will get a little too much like Inspector Gadget.

平和、

鋼鉄 海軍

RB 27228

Ed-260 rocketeer-helmet batman-card ironman auto9 Lightsaber-Red delorean-car Johnny5
Xeno
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote

Exactly. RoboCop in my opinion is one man SWAT RV.
He should be asrougher, and lowtech as possible.
As for designer - i would like to see what British designers can do. I like new bat-suit very much, and if redisign (my favorite word) is unavoidable then i would like to see same approach.

RB 617

Koutetsu Kaigun

Sgt-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote

Xeno,

I am sure that the denizens of Detroit love having such a bleak outlook for their city. Smile Having a hero that is destined to be on the low end of advanced technology probably makes them cringe as well. But I like it.

平和、

鋼鉄 海軍

RB 27228

Xeno
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Heh, my bad. Middle tech then? Smile

RB 617

Koutetsu Kaigun

Sgt-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Xeno,

It will be interesting to see which way they go. Either way, there will be unhappy people. On the plus side, there will be a massive influx of hits and possibly new members on this site.

平和、

鋼鉄 海軍

RB 27228

Xeno
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote

Anyway 2010 Robo is better than nothing. It will get things moving on many levels.

RB 617

broadcaststormer
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quote

For me the three which matters regarding the 'new' Robo:

1. He should not be a 'high tech' battle machine, flying and shooting laser weapons. That would not work, Robo is NOT Ironman. That would just bring us a dump action flick with a lot of CGI and without character.
I prefer the basic from the first movie, a bit resedigned and that would make me happy.

2. Strong Charakters. Robo has not just to be the 'action unit', he has to tell a believable story and develop himself as in the first movie.

3. The movie has to be violent. Nit just because of the voilence, but because of the message and the critisizm the original Robo developed.

If these three points are in the new movie, I will be happy Happy robo

RB 188

Koutetsu Kaigun

Sgt-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote

broadcaststormer,

I agree. The big thing that I want are the fake commercials and Media Break. Those were so much better than the ones used in Starship Troopers. Then again, there is a lot that is better than that terrible movie.

平和、

鋼鉄 海軍

RB 27228

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard