New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Fallout 3

Kenjamin
The best there ever was

O-L3

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning.

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSdbSNckTQ
or
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Any Fallout fans here? I must say this is the epitome of a teaser, it got me pumped while showing me absolutely nothing. I have to go play Fallout 2 again now... Anyone here play the Fallout series? I hope so cause you'd all be missing out.

CREDITS 76

mug doom-marine alex-murphy
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:33 am Reply with quote

I just played Fallout 1 & 2 a couple of minutes quite a lot of years ago, sadly I was too young to appreciate and have patience for true RPG games.

Now in the recent years I've enjoyed very much games like Baldur's Gate 2, and many people since have said to me how good was Fallout 2, so I probably will play it in the future, or instead directly play this one, F3.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quote

wow was that in game graphics?

CREDITS 3259

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Kenjamin
The best there ever was

O-L3

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:43 am Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
wow was that in game graphics?

Indeed it is. mr green
Its using a heavily customized of the Gamebryo engine that Oblivion used.

I doubt that the gameplay is going to resemble the isometric turn-based style of the previous two, but I still feel the series is in very capable hands.

CREDITS 76

Kenjamin
The best there ever was

O-L3

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quote

Game Informer just did a 10-page cover story!

The transcript:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=36883

CREDITS 76

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote

Loved Fallout, Fallout and even Fallout Tactics. Fallout 3 could be 50/50 really good or bad. Don't get me started how bad Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel was! Don't forget there are plenty of mods for those games as well.

Íå âûáðàíà
CREDITS 0

FluxCapacitor
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quote

I just bought the Game Of The Year Edition of this on the 360. I played the first release when it first came out but rushed through it to complete it, definitely going to take my time playing it this time around, there should be loads to do especially with all the DLC you get with the GOTY edition. Such a great game, would highly recommend it to anyone, especially RPG/FPS fans.

CREDITS 11

Philip17
And the Masters of the Universe

L-L2

Comment: Its a good day to die!

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote

Exactly Flux Very Happy

FallOut 3 is one of the best games I ever played, I am a huge fan of fallout 3, but I will someday play FO1 and FO2, they seem to be fun as well Very Happy

The expantion packs, there are only a few of them that actualy are good to play Smile
For exemple "Broken Steel", "point lookout", "the pitt", the problem is they are all very short with the exception for broken steel wich was very very cool Very Happy

and sometimes I feel sorry to finish the expansion realy fast Sad

I want moreeeee tongue
And I would love an expansion related to the OutCasts Very Happy

When duty calls; you pay the price!
Join today!

CREDITS 0

sgt-reed Masters-Skeletor Masters-Sword SW-Imperial
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 am Reply with quote

Bethesda bought the fallout 3 franchise and made fallout 3 just like the elder scrolls games, which is awesome in my opinion. But if you're looking for fallout 3 type gameplay you won't find it on fallout 1 and 2, completely different type of games. If you want more like fallout 3, play elder scrolls oblivion, which is better than fallout 3 by the way, or even go back to original x box and play the elder scrolls 3 morrowwind.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Philip17
And the Masters of the Universe

L-L2

Comment: Its a good day to die!

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote

Well, at least I am "in love" with the game, and if we don´t like the expansion pack, there is allways mods we can download from the internet Very Happy

I downloaded one yesterday that was "EnclaveCommander" very nice, we can request backup from birtbird helicopters, and request ground support, so that we have a few soldiers with us and help us Very Happy

I recommend the download Smile

When duty calls; you pay the price!
Join today!

CREDITS 0

sgt-reed Masters-Skeletor Masters-Sword SW-Imperial
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:24 am Reply with quote

Personally, I liked this game a little bit more than New Vegas. Something about the story, look, and feel of the whole thing just amused me and sucked me in more. I guess It's also cause I'm an East coast guy, so being in bombed out post apocalyptic Washington DC is just way more amusing than Vegas.

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :
Personally, I liked this game a little bit more than New Vegas. Something about the story, look, and feel of the whole thing just amused me and sucked me in more. I guess It's also cause I'm an East coast guy, so being in bombed out post apocalyptic Washington DC is just way more amusing than Vegas.

I think that's the appeal of the entire franchise. But you're right about F3 over NV.

I bought Fallout 3 after I seen a friend play it, and I was blown away.
"What? A game about life post-nuclear War?"

I'm not very proud to say that I've spent many a sleepless night playing Fallout 3. And have completed it. (Only 2 DLC I haven't completed were Point Lookout and Broken Steel) And I've since said goodbye to the game (for the second time) and moved on to New Vegas.

And I gotta tell you, I'm not liking the setting so much. And I think it's for the same reason you mentioned WKY. The look and feel of F3 was intense, and some days I found myself sucked into that world. New Vegas takes place in the desert, and there's basically nothing to do.

Sure, they updated alot of gameplay options, and even adding challenges to the PipBoy's general section. But it's in the damned desert.

Yeah, I understand that F1, F2, FT, FBoS, all took place on the west coast, and this game is in no way a surprise. But out of the Entire US (and the world) There would have to be more vaults out there. It'd be nice to see Cleveland or Chicago's fate after the Great War. I've seen Pittsburgh's fate (it's 43 miles north of me), and I wasn't too thrilled. Nothing about The Pitt looked even remotely familiar to me, other than the bridge/city scape at the start. It was kind of a let-down for me. And you know if they ever did a New York based game, it'd be massive.

Another thing that bugged me about NV is the Courier's origins. Before being shot in the head I mean. Who was he? Here's hoping F4 starts out in the vault. And some place more exciting to look at, besides the fucking desert.

Now, If you'll excuse me, I need to complete the an unmarked mission Auld Laud Sang. This ought to be interesting.

BY THE WAY, Fallout Wiki can be your best weapon in the Wastes.
I'm amazed by the amount of information it has. Sometimes, while looking for info I need, I'll get sidetracked reading some history to some characters and how they relate. I have never played a Fallout game before 3, But I feel I've caught up on what happened so far.

CREDITS 287

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Computer and Videogames All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard