New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Movies you LOVE that everyone else seems to HATE.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:22 am Reply with quote

Kung Pow Enter the fist
Speed Racer the movie.

CREDITS 3259

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:18 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
WeKilledYou :
The Final Cut

If you are talking about the Pink Floyd album I totally agree.

Nah, It's a drama/scimitar film starring Robin Williams. About a funeral director in the not to distant future who has the job of going into people's minds after they die to assemble footage recorded from their eyes throughout their lives. It's really great, I recommend it.
Mindchamber :
Kung Pow Enter the fist
Speed Racer the movie.

I have never seen either of these movies. I would probably need alcohol to willingly give them a go.

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote

Sorsese's New York New York
A flop in its time, even the director has talked badly about it, yet I love it.

Spielberg's War Horse
Maybe not hated but very overlooked, considered a minor film of Spielberg's late career, I think it's one of the greatest war movies ever, just told from an unusual point of view that highlights both story and history.

Last Action Hero
Misunderstood by many, I get the feeling today it is considered a failed movie that marks the beginning of Arnie's decadence. I think it's a unique and smart film.

AntZ
Today the classic is A Bug's Life, but when they were released I liked AntZ better, and even if it did half the money at the box office, it also was half expensive.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:58 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
Spielberg's War Horse
Maybe not hated but very overlooked, considered a minor film of Spielberg's late career, I think it's one of the greatest war movies ever, just told from an unusual point of view that highlights both story and history.

Still need to see that one myself, it always looked like a nice and strong one, both to the movie nerd and history buff parts of me.

Quote:
Last Action Hero
Misunderstood by many, I get the feeling today it is considered a failed movie that marks the beginning of Arnie's decadence. I think it's a unique and smart film.

As do I! That one is criminally underrated and way wrongly looked down on. I always got it from the get-go though.. To have all those over-the-top cornball action tropes and references and cameos, topping off with Arnie still rather on-form - all as a form of self-deprecation and internal humor, with a motivating kid/family story put on top of it.. just made for some plain solid good fun to me.

It's the comical embodiment of what was described by (I think) Neumeier and Miner about what resulted in RoboCop - The grossness of 80s to early 90s action flicks and the ever growing absurdity in-and-around them. But LAH took that shit head on and.. I guess people just couldn't appreciate both the intelligence and humor of that, despite being done so entertainingly well. Was a pretty fair flop from it's release and doesn't seem like it's recovered too much indeed. But it's another one of my upper-level faves for sure.

Quote:
AntZ
Today the classic is A Bug's Life, but when they were released I liked AntZ better, and even if it did half the money at the box office, it also was half cheaper.

Practically nobody remembers AntZ anymore, even supposed real 90s kids. Overshadowed by both A Bug's Life as well as Toy Story - Not to mention it was an unfortunate casualty of a big-ass feud with the involved studios and bigwigs behind all those flicks. Shame, it is a sharper film, certainly a little more toned-up than Bug's. Nothing against it, it was/is good too, but in retrospect seems like it blew up at the cost of Antz.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quote

War Horse is just darn beautiful looking! It's a very good film with a strong emotional element, just like the novel.

Last Action Hero I've always thought was pretty cool. Not Arnie's best, but it's something different and a fun watch.

AntZ - I still have this on VHS, but haven't seen it in ages. I seem to remember being fairly entertained by it (though I think I remember the psychiatrist trailer more than the movie itself, other than it had Sly), but nothing too spectacular. With that being said, I've actually never seen A Bug's Life.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboBrand87
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Come quietly or there will be... trouble.

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:01 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop 3 Very Happy I quite enjoy Superman III which seems to get trashed quite a bit. Howling II is another one. They tend to be sequels to movies that were praised.

CREDITS 9

RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:19 am Reply with quote

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, Superman Returns, Popeye, Rocky V, and Splash!

CREDITS 52

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:18 pm Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, Superman Returns, Popeye, Rocky V, and Splash!

Agree on the Superman flicks. Now, I can't say I "love" them, but I do enjoy both and I liked Superman IV better than III.

Rocky V, too I've always felt was overall superior to IV (sans soundtrack) and had a better storyline.

Popeye I loved when I saw many years ago as a kid (I even taped it on VHS), but rewatching it again a year or two ago, it hasn't aged well. It's a very good-looking, but kind of boring movie.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:37 pm Reply with quote

RoboBrand, RoboFan, and RoboLewis, great movies! I love them all! Especially Rocky 5, Superman 4: The Quest for Peace, and Howling 2!
One of my guilty pleasures is Highlander 2: The Quickening. Now, I'm not talking about the Renegade Edition or the 2002 Special Edition (which is just the Renegade Edition with some additional scenes, special effects, and voiceover ending). I mean the original release (on VHS) with the immortals on Planet Zeist. It's awesomely bad, but lots of fun.
Incidentally for the Christopher Lambert fans, Fortress and Fortress 2: The Re-entry are also a lot of B movie fun!

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:00 pm Reply with quote

I also like Chain Reaction with Keanu Reeves and Self/Less with Ryan Reynolds!

CREDITS 52

WeKilledYou

L-L4

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:11 am Reply with quote

I also like Highlander 2.

Tron Legacy is a big one for me. For obvious reasons, people praise the score by Daft Punk. But I genuinely love the movie as well.

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
WeKilledYou

L-L4

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:48 am Reply with quote

McHale’s Navy and Down Periscope are awesome movies!

CREDITS 112

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:00 pm Reply with quote

pengbuzz :

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

First Star Trek film doesn't deserve to be hated, even with its snail's pace, re-hashed story, and over-reliance on spectacle. The latter I say its somewhat entitled to because its a film, the first film.

Final Frontier I found worse, and even I wouldn't say it deserves hate, per-say.

-

To add to the topic.. The First 20 Million (Is Always The Hardest). Goofy early aughts flick and seems like it was very poorly regarded. I think its quite charming, with a great cast - especially Jake Busey and ever-a-fave Rosario Dawson.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard