New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

My impressions after watching Robocop 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:08 pm Reply with quote

There is a difference between ACTING and THINGS DONE BY THE SOUND DEPARTMENT. I'm pretty sure Robert John Burke couldn't add those echoing tones to his voice. That was done by the sound department, not only that, but the it is the directors fault that he talked like that because most likely that's what he told the actor to do.

It's not always the actors fault. Blame the director.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Darkseid
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Hail to the King, Baby!

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:48 am Reply with quote

I didn't like the fact that they had ninja robots as opposed to just regular ninjas. These Japanese robots made Robo less special because he was "state of the art" for an American-made robot. ED-209, Robocop, and RoboCain look obsolete compared to these Otomo robots. Having these advanced Otomo robots seems out of place in this movie because that Japanese company that took over OCP could've sent an army of Otomo robots to do all that "urban pacification" stuff.

Okay. I could've tolerated ONE Otomo robot (the one that was tracking the resistance group and got killed by Robo) but to have TWO MORE near the end just upped the movie to major suckage! If they just had an improved version of ED-209 in that end fight sequence (maybe a mix of Japanese and OCP technology) then it would've improved the movie (not by much but it would be interesting to see).

RB 0

robocop-figure3 Superman-Chris Reeve LaraCroft
protozoan
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: time doesn't heal all wounds said mr. bellybutton

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:16 am Reply with quote

robocop 3 has some good in it. about 30% of it is good. the rest= shite. the splatterpunks were lame, they build them up to be scary and out walks this weird looking fat girl with a punk hair cut! ooooooh thats scary. they looked like villians from a police academy film! the ninja robot could have been so much better, he's given a great couple of intro scenes but never gets paid off, the fight between him and robo is a badly edited, slow paced mess. the main villian was in the wrong movie i thought, reminded me of a bad timothy dalton, and the guy who was conspiring against the rebels felt to me like a poor mans version of the duffy character from robocop 2. and so on. you can pick at this forever, but i can still watch robocop 3 and switch off and enjoy it, its not the worst movie around and its good for days when you're feeling frizzled and just want to chill out. i have more fond memories of the amiga game but! that was great for its time.

RB 622

dvd-20th Doom
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:01 am Reply with quote

Good scenes in Robocop 3 (not in any particular order0

-Rebels in the van fucking the cops up and then getting chased by Robocop
-Robocop busting out of the top of the police car.
-Rehab brutality
-Anne Lewis' death scene and the stuff in the church
-Robocop in the motel
-Robocop in the pimpmobile and chasing the Rehab van
-The cops quitting (favorite scene in the movie)
- Cops vs. Splatterpunks (until Robocop gets involved)

That's about it, not all of them are amazing, but those are all of the pretty good ones in the film. I'll also note that I enjoyed Robert John Burke as Robocop, and I think he did a decent job even though he was stuck in a shitty situation. Overall I'd give the film like a B-, while I'd give R1 an A+ and Robocop 2 a B+.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
protozoan
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quote

yeah robert john burke did do a decent job. another part i like and i'm not sure why, is the part where the ninja robot steals the map from the gas station. that was a neat little scene. i would like to see a special edition of robocop 3. would be interesting. i've got the special edition of batman and robin in my dvd collection and although its a crap film, the special features are very self deprecating and enjoyable to watch. my rating of all 3 robo's- robocop- A+ robocop 2-A+ robocop 3-C

RB 622

dvd-20th Doom
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote

I said before; this movie lacks LOGIC. Kids reprogramming ED-209 in seconds, jetpack, sudden apperance of two more robotic ninjas, Robo shooting out a way across the wall with his AUTO-9, bouncing Rehab's Desert Eagle, splatterpunks easely hired by Rehabs...

RB 523

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quote

DoktorNo :
I said before; this movie lacks LOGIC. Kids reprogramming ED-209 in seconds, jetpack, sudden apperance of two more robotic ninjas, Robo shooting out a way across the wall with his AUTO-9, bouncing Rehab's Desert Eagle, splatterpunks easely hired by Rehabs...

SPOCK!!!

RB 1658

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
-The cops quitting (favorite scene in the movie)

A lot of people say that this is a powerful scene but whenever i see it I'm just punched in the gut with how cliché it is. The "taking a stand" scene is overused in a lot of movies as that final act scene where either all people start to applaud, stands up, raises their hands or just walk up beside the little guy who takes a stand against the big guy.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad scene, it just so overused and seemed ripped right out of "drama formula A."

And that is the main problem with Robo3 for me. Nothing is chocking, nothing is inventive. It's just dull and uninspired. The scenes that aim to be cool are either just silly or just extremely un-logical or copied straight from the first two movies. Robo shooting the car roof instead of just opening the door is just an example of "cool" stuff that end up as incredibly stupid.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :

SPOCK!!!

Hm?

In Next Generation it would be "DATA...!"

Am I wrong?

RB 523

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad scene, it just so overused and seemed ripped right out of "drama formula A."

Yeah i've definitely seen the same scene done better. But compared to the silly antics of the entire rest of the film this particular scene carried some weight. I also thought that while the movie itself had tons of crappy acting from the supporting cast this scene had some pretty good acting and decent camera work and stuff.

RB 1658

TODD-209
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:09 am Reply with quote

I can't help it. I love Robocop 3. Yeah it's low-budget. And yes, it has loads of cheesy effects, terrible dialogue and even worse acting. But that's exactly why I love it. (lol) It's like it's so bad it's good to me.

It's like someone else mentioned having Batman & Robin in their DVD collection even though it's a crap movie; it's just interesting to watch. I'm the same way.

But I'm also like others in that there were good things about it. For example, I like how they tried to replicate some of the look and feel of the original movie. The second one, as good as it was, kinda got away from that.

Also, I absolutely love that scene where the guy walks into the doughnut shop to hold it up, and all of the cops draw a bead on him with their lazer sights, and the guy behind the counter says, "So...what's it like being a rocket scientist?" (lol) That scene cracks me up every time.

And Robert John Burke seemed to add some subtle new robotic moves here and there that seemed to fit Robocop pretty good. And I liked how his armor had more of a silver sheen like the original instead of the blue one of part 2 (although I like the blue armor too).

I liked the idea of the underground resistance fighters going against the rehab forces. Maybe it wasn't executed so well, but it was a nice premise...

Ottomo? Hmm...it made sense that the Japanese would develop a realistically human-looking cyborg, but I'm like others in that the "climax" with two more ninja robots was just cheesy, especially when they cut each other's heads off. (lol) Lame...

And the Splatterpunks? Ugh...they grate on my every nerve. Stupid stupid stupid!!

The movie is just a complete cheese-fest, but I love it anyway. After all, it's Robocop. I'd watch daytime soaps if he were in them. (lol)

RB 1633

ultra4
protozoan
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:49 am Reply with quote

i think the cheesiest scene in robocop 3 is when dr. lazarus is giving her speech broadcast when she is imprisoned. thats some major cheese right there. its only been topped by keira knightleys speech in pirates 3. the scene where the cops walk out wasn't all that bad and i agree, its a good moment, but its in the wrong movie. if the main villian was as intimidating as dick jones was in the first, it would have made this walk out scene all the more powerful. but yeah, i agree robocop 3 is fun to watch anyway!

RB 622

dvd-20th Doom
Philip17
And the Masters of the Universe

L-L2

Comment: Its a good day to die!

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:21 pm Reply with quote

Hey, about the acting, I canīt complain with the acting of McDagget, he was a cool guy, and still I like it!!!
To bad Lewis was killed, she could have been baddly injured :roll: (that would be better) Smile
Robert Burke did a good job has robocop, we canīt blame him with the script he had to follow!!

About Nikko.... (kill her Twisted Evil ) I donīt like her, if she is a child and can control an ED209, when she is an addult she will be abble to hack the USA security systems oh dear huh what :roll: oh dear (rub out Nikko)

About the ninjas, I think they only shound have ONE ninja cyborg!!! :roll:

When duty calls; you pay the price!
Join today!

RB 537

sgt-reed Masters-Skeletor Masters-Sword SW-Imperial
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quote

The only movies, that sucked worst than R#3 in my eyes, were the those ones starring Hulk Hogan... Smile

RB 523

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard