New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Judge Dredd
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:38 am Reply with quote

Courtesy of 2000ADOnline via SuperheroHype

SHH! :
Rebellion and 2000 AD have announced that a new Judge Dredd movie is in development.

Together with DNA Films, the movie production company behind such films as Danny Boyle's Sunshine and 28 Weeks Later, Judge Dredd will go into production in 2009.

Jason Kingsley, CEO and Creative Director said, "We can't give away too many details at this point, but we're looking forward to working with DNA Films to bring Judge Dredd back to the big screen."

Well, this is pretty awesome! I imagine they'll just ignore the previous movie, but I can't think of too many people who'll be up in arms about that, it deviated a lot from the source material as I understand.

Thoughts on this new development? I know SIR-ROUND is gonna have something to say. Laughing

CREDITS 72

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote

I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT!

CREDITS 2702

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
supes2705
L-L3

L-L3

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quote

Iam the law!!!!! it was only a matter of time really

CREDITS 53

Lightsaber-Green S-Shield dc-superman doctor-who-dalek VoorHees-Mask batman-joker dvd-20th
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote

"Open door, this is the law!!"

I hope they will keep in mind following things:

-Dredd should NEVER show his face
-Judge uniform from comic is better, than this one from 1995 "Judge Dredd"
-Black humor and irony MUST be present

Maybe they should use the topic of pro-democracy movement, instead of "Just Another Prep Wasted in Big Explosion, Because the Public Always Wants This Sort of Things"?

CREDITS 174

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
Law Giver
Law Master of Aquilonia

L-L4

Comment: Boob Snortin' and Dicky Boy

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote

The original I thought was very good, but this series could use a re-launch. Sadl with the last Punisher movie tanking at the domestic box office, not sure this kinda film will be a success. Dredd must bring THE LAW to the lawless....

CREDITS 351

judge-dredd-lawgiver conan-sword punisher-skull conan-sword2 terminator-skull Rambo-Knife
Robo79
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: Murphy, transferring in from Metro South.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quote

That's very good news. I was never a huge fan of 2000AD, but the character of Joe Dredd always intrigued me.

Someone with the calibre of an Ed Neumeier or Frank Darabont could come up with a dynamite script.

As for the actor to play Dredd, who knows. It would help if they had a real manly jawline, like Clint Eastwood, Nick Nolte or even Clancy Brown.

CREDITS 156

Rambo-Knife game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quote

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I don't think they should cast a big name a Dredd though, someone who will demand face time. Just get a stunt guy that can act decently enough (Not to hard to top Stallone [Yo, Adrian]) and maybe get a few bigger names in supporting roles, like a bad guy or Chief Judge or something.

Behind Robocop, this in probably the other property that I'd like to see a great remake/adaption of.

Just don't take the fucking helmet off...

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:09 am Reply with quote

That's great! Let's hope they make it atleast as good as the previous one!

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote

I bet, that new Dredd's face will be visible... Sad Hollywood have bad habit for screwing up some things... Sad

And please, don't do just another police thiller, this time placed in MC-1. The most fun thing about Dredd is the ultrauthoritarian rule of Judges and satire on contemporary police' survillance etc.

CREDITS 174

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
supes2705
L-L3

L-L3

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote

Aslong as they don't show his face, Ill check it out

CREDITS 53

Lightsaber-Green S-Shield dc-superman doctor-who-dalek VoorHees-Mask batman-joker dvd-20th
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quote

As some other sites have also mentioned this is the third time they have tried to make a new Dredd movie.
Joblo.com :
Way back in 2001, Rebellion announced plans for new back-to-back JUDGE DREDD flicks, one involving corruption in Mega City One's legal system and the other pitting Dredd against the notorious supernatural Judge Death. Then in 2004, a new production company reported they were scrapping previous scripts and starting from scratch.

Who knows, maybe it'll actually happen this time

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quote

DoktorNo :
I bet, that new Dredd's face will be visible... Sad Hollywood have bad habit for screwing up some things... Sad

Good thing this isn't a Hollywood production then, huh? Wink

CREDITS 72

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quote

RoboTrap20xx :
DoktorNo :

Good thing this isn't a Hollywood production then, huh? Wink
Oh, I didn't took notice!

That's a good news!!

CREDITS 174

Rook
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:53 am Reply with quote

Frankly, I didn't grow up with the years of baggage and expectations for the first Dredd film, and I flat out loved it.

I actually prefer the costumes from the film over the comic version, but I agree that Dredd shouldn't take off the helmet.

But then again, even Robocop took off his helmet... and his was bolted on. Wink

Russ

CREDITS 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard