New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Judge Dredd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quote

I was just going to post that I had seen these in the same magazine.

And why is Urban sucking a piss covered lemon? I know that Dredd looks stern and badass but he is trying way to hard.

Other than that the shots look pretty cool (apart from the photoshopped cover). My only other gripe is that every shot I have seen of Hershey she isn't wearing the helmet...

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
ROM
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
I was just going to post that I had seen these in the same magazine.

And why is Urban sucking a piss covered lemon? I know that Dredd looks stern and badass but he is trying way to hard.

Other than that the shots look pretty cool (apart from the photoshopped cover). My only other gripe is that every shot I have seen of Hershey she isn't wearing the helmet...

That's not Hershey. That's Psi-Judge Cassandra Anderson. More often than not, in the comics, she's helmetless.

CREDITS 49

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote

ROM :
That's not Hershey. That's Psi-Judge Cassandra Anderson. More often than not, in the comics, she's helmetless.

I stand corrected.

SiR, don't be mad, I don't read the comics.

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote

I gotta say I'm disappointed in how Dredd looks. I expected him to be much more buffed up but i guess it has a lot to do with the missing shoulders.

Of course my reference is with the Stallone movie and not the comic which is the main inspiration for the new movie.

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ROM
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
ROM :

I stand corrected.

SiR, don't be mad, I don't read the comics.

I'm not mad:)

CREDITS 49

ROM
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I gotta say I'm disappointed in how Dredd looks. I expected him to be much more buffed up but i guess it has a lot to do with the missing shoulders.

Of course my reference is with the Stallone movie and not the comic which is the main inspiration for the new movie.

Dredd had very much been concieved as thin/wiry, e.g. Clint Eastwood.

I've always seen Dredd as physically less Arnold, more Michael Biehn(who, by the way, actually tested for the role of Judge Dredd in this new film).

CREDITS 49

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:51 am Reply with quote

It's true Dredd at least used to be a bit on the slimmer side in recent years I think they've made him a lot bulkier in recent years. I like the suit but not so much the face....I mean he's supposed to have a grim mug not look like he's shitting cannonballs and smelling some nasty fish at the same time.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ROM
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:50 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
It's true Dredd at least used to be a bit on the slimmer side in recent years I think they've made him a lot bulkier in recent years. I like the suit but not so much the face....I mean he's supposed to have a grim mug not look like he's shitting cannonballs and smelling some nasty fish at the same time.

...you mean like this:

[/img]

Wink

....anyway, Urban's expression in the Empire cover reminds me of the way Cliff Robinson(artist of image above) usually does Dredd's face.

Most everyone at the 2000AD boards is quite happy with the looks. I very much like that they went for a kinda' amped-up version of Mad Max for the body suit. Very appropriate

CREDITS 49

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:08 am Reply with quote

His face looks god awful on the cover of that Empire magazine. All the other shots look alright I guess.

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote

Well, helmet is still too big, compared to face, but the jawline looks mean and that's good.

And those uniforms looks better, than those ones designed by Versace for first Dredd movie. They really have military/police feeling.

CREDITS 174

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
ROM
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:05 am Reply with quote

Some slight "bumpy" news for Dredd, as director Pete Travis is taken out of the editing room and screenwriter-producer Alex Garland takes charge of the process and seeks co-director credit: http://collider.com/dredd-director-e...oblems/119348/

CREDITS 49

DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote

Well, it sounds like... bad omen. Neutral

But on the other hand, "Star Wars" were also re-edited by someone who was not a director.

CREDITS 174

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
ROM
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:04 pm Reply with quote

....and let's not forget Superman II either.

CREDITS 49

ROM
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 pm Reply with quote

Official statement with clarification: http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168586-official-statement-on-dredd-released

"During all stages of the filmmaking, 'Dredd' has been a collaboration between a number of dedicated creative parties. From the outset we decided on an unorthodox collaboration to make the film. This situation has been misinterpreted. To set the record straight, Pete was not fired and remains a central part of the collaboration, and Alex is not seeking a co-director credit. We are all extremely proud of the film we have made, and respectfully suggest that it is judged on viewing when its released next year."

CREDITS 49

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard