New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Coming soon - Movies you look forward to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:38 am Reply with quote

artuditu :
Looks like last 'Ghost in the shell' is heavily borrowing elements from Robocop for Motko Kusanagi character, cyborg with a blurred identity of his past.

Sure seems like that a bit doesn't it? Bah, still looking to check it as well, though, eh, I don't know. Just can't get quite as hyped about it as I think I should.. or something of that sort.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
artuditu :
Looks like last 'Ghost in the shell' is heavily borrowing elements from Robocop for Motko Kusanagi character, cyborg with a blurred identity of his past.

Sure seems like that a bit doesn't it? Bah, still looking to check it as well, though, eh, I don't know. Just can't get quite as hyped about it as I think I should.. or something of that sort.

I feel the same, it arrives late to be hyped, I'd be more intrigued if I didn't know about the original. But also, Scarlett Johansson is not working at all for me, and I'm not talking about that whitewashing controversy (isn't it a paradox the anime manga characters look westerners?), it's just I find her flat and bland in the trailers.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:21 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
But also, Scarlett Johansson is not working at all for me, and I'm not talking about that whitewashing controversy (isn't it a paradox the anime manga characters look westerners?), it's just I find her flat and bland in the trailers.

There's also that.. maybe not not working for me as much, but still, definitely not seeming all that dynamic. In all honestly I kinda felt that way about her in Lucy, much as I still liked it.

Bah, mainly just sitting here 'til new Stranger Things comes out... in six fucking months. Until then.. Bah again.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:52 pm Reply with quote

Looking forward to watching Blade Runner 2049, but VERY skeptical about it to be honest. The trailers haven't told me much about the movie, and Harrison Ford in a t-shirt looks a bit out of place.

I'm curious about Nolan's Dunkirk, they showed a bit at CinemaCon and they said it caused a big impression.

And despite not liking the 90's miniseries, I found the first "It" trailer very well done.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:14 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
Looking forward to watching Blade Runner 2049, but VERY skeptical about it to be honest. The trailers haven't told me much about the movie, and Harrison Ford in a t-shirt looks a bit out of place.

Lol at that last part. Laughing You're on-point though. I'm really looking forward to it but trying REAL hard to temper my excitement. As I said elsewhere, near impossible to continue on from something so excellent already. I have faith, but aside from visual aesthetic - which I'll say does look proper - Yeah not much to tell. I suppose we'll see.

Quote:
I'm curious about Nolan's Dunkirk, they showed a bit at CinemaCon and they said it caused a big impression.

Same here. Another one I'm tempering myself with. Of course I always do that with anything involving historical subjects anyway. That and it sounds a bit different, I've heard Nolan say it's 'not really a war film' and such. Hmm. Nonetheless, again, we'll see.

CREDITS 2304

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:21 am Reply with quote

OMG they finally release the trailer for a movie I've been waiting on for years! Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtpDT_jxxo&t=68s

OK, so I am technically in this movie, which is a large part of the excitement, but you should still check it out. This was filmed in 2015 buy we've been waiting and fine tuning it and I guarantee it will be a hoot* for all involved! If you listen to music or enjoy laughing there is something in this thought-provoking documentary. It's not coming out for a while but we're really trying to get everybody super hyped up for it so don't miss it!

*hoots nonrefundable

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:24 pm Reply with quote

Can't wait for the dark tower. IT will also be out the week of the weekend of the Dallas screening wiht Weller. May be worth watching in texas with some other lugs.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 pm Reply with quote

IT sequel in the works.... but the momenteum will probably have worn off

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/25/it-sequel-release-date-announced

CREDITS 127

RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:01 am Reply with quote

I saw Blade Runner 2049 over the weekend (perhaps this is part of a different thread) and I enjoyed it for the nostalgia. I did think that it was a little "too big for its britches" as stories go. No spoilers, but I think the producers should have avoided the modern movie temptation to create epic stories that have too many subplots, factions, backstories, etc. and just tell a straight up story of good vs. evil. Tone down the peripheral noise and focus on the hero and his mission.
Check it out for yourselves or let me know what you think.
JOF

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote

^ Yeah I think that would be best in 'what you watched lately'.

Anyway, forgot to post this the other week but still quite late to the party here. Nonetheless, this looks bitchin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU

CREDITS 2304

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Just wanna chime in about one movie I'm NOT looking forward to: Justice League. After Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad I told myself to reserve all judgement on the movie until I see it, good or bad. But damn, the more I see of it, the more it really looks like shit. I liked BvS more than most and held out on writing Justice League off for a long time, but sadly I can't hold back anymore. Justice League is totally gonna suck major bounceyballs.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Just wanna chime in about one movie I'm NOT looking forward to: Justice League. After Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad I told myself to reserve all judgement on the movie until I see it, good or bad. But damn, the more I see of it, the more it really looks like shit. I liked BvS more than most and held out on writing Justice League off for a long time, but sadly I can't hold back anymore. Justice League is totally gonna suck major bounceyballs.

Sad, but true. You all know what a huge Batnerd I am and if a Justice League movie can't get me hyped then there's something wrong with it. I like the casting, I don't mind the suits, some shots do look pretty neat. And the rest looks like a hot CG mess of a film - pretty much the same thing that was BvS.

I'll see it, sure, but I'm probably going to hate it.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:05 am Reply with quote

the latest star wars is a first night movie for me. its going to be really good, i can't wait to see it

CREDITS 127

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote

I got my ticket for a double-feature screening on the 14th - Episode VII followed by VIII.
I hope it won't disappoint. I wasn't a fan of "The Force Awakens", but that one was so rushed I hope it won't be the template for the sequels. "Rogue One" was proof we can have good new Star Wars movies, so I'm hopeful.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard