New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The RARE Robo picture Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote

I wonder how many suits they made for the first film...one for Weller, another when it's damaged (like in the Steel Mill or outside the OCP car park), and one for the dummy to get hit by all those girders.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
I wonder how many suits they made for the first film...one for Weller, another when it's damaged (like in the Steel Mill or outside the OCP car park), and one for the dummy to get hit by all those girders.

Here to prove, yet again, people STILL don't read the actual site :
Altogether, seven complete robosuits were manufactured for the first RoboCop movie. Some had specific functions, such as one required for a scene in which RoboCop walks through an exploding gas station. Special fireproof fiberglass and other safeguards were incorporated into the suit worn by a stunt-man during the potentially hazardous shot. Two additional robosuits - termed 'third act' suits - were also manufactured. The third act suits reflects all the damage Robo had suffered in his fight with ED 209 and when the Detroit Police Department shoots him up. Basically they just pulled pieces off the molds for two fresh suits and then spent about a week using drills and all kinds of tools to make it look like bullets had burned their way through the armor. Of course, a lot of thought went into it and the bullet hits and gouges were very artistically placed. Finally, about thirty tygon tubes were laid inside the suits and hooked up to all of those bullet holes so they could have oil squirting out through the impact craters.

http://www.robocoparchive.com/info/thesuit.htm

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ROBOTCOP
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: joined back in 2002 . forgot password. rejoined

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:19 am Reply with quote

Like this one

Cheers

Alex

"Dead or Alive you are Selling to Me "

RB 495

robocop-helmet ultra1
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote

So now we know RoboCop started the selfie too. I'm callin that a dick move Murph. DO you have any idea what you created?

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:42 am Reply with quote

ROBOTCOP :
Like this one

Cheers

Alex

I don't get it, was he taking a picture of himself (like he did this in front of a mirror) or was he taking a picture of the camera taking a picture of him>

Jesus, how deep is this photo?

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote

It's Weller taking a photo of the camera man taking a photo of him... Weller was probably having a bit of a laugh!

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote

As Nancy said herself:

Nancy Allen :
"Peter in the Robo chair taking my picture."

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Imagine if Weller posted that photo he took. Laughing

RB 2

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote

ROBOTCOP :
I took it from the movie , as the still go on you can see its a dummy when he gets hit

Keep the topic title in mind Alex.

It's a bit I've paused in the film before but it's not a rare picture unfortunately.

Wink

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
ROBOTCOP
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: joined back in 2002 . forgot password. rejoined

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
ROBOTCOP :
I took it from the movie , as the still go on you can see its a dummy when he gets hit

Keep the topic title in mind Alex.

It's a bit I've paused in the film before but it's not a rare picture unfortunately.

Wink
I know sorry , I did it years ago and came across it again ..

Will remember next time Wink

Cheers

Alex

"Dead or Alive you are Selling to Me "

RB 495

robocop-helmet ultra1
TODD-209
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote

ROBOTCOP :
Like this one

Cheers

Alex

This just goes to show you how well the original suit was designed and crafted...the attention to detail and effectiveness of it all makes it look great even in this candid set shot. He actually looks like the character sitting there, besides the fact that his forearms are visible, of course. It's just that alot of times in behind-the-scenes pics, the actors in their respective costumes kinda dismantle the illusion of whatever character they're portraying...you can see the wires or underclothes or whatever give-aways that are clearly seen when the cameras, lighting, and overall cinematography aren't doing their job, and the "tricks" are exposed. Not here...that actually looks like Muprhy sitting there resting after his battle with Clarence and Co. Simply brilliant. I love it...

RB 1633

ultra4
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote

TODD-209 :
This just goes to show you how well the original suit was designed and crafted...the attention to detail and effectiveness of it all makes it look great even in this candid set shot. He actually looks like the character sitting there, besides the fact that his forearms are visible, of course. It's just that alot of times in behind-the-scenes pics, the actors in their respective costumes kinda dismantle the illusion of whatever character they're portraying...you can see the wires or underclothes or whatever give-aways that are clearly seen when the cameras, lighting, and overall cinematography aren't doing their job, and the "tricks" are exposed. Not here...that actually looks like Muprhy sitting there resting after his battle with Clarence and Co. Simply brilliant. I love it...

Well, a lot of that is the beauty of the design but a big part of it is also the limitation of the design - Many of those other costumes can be partially taken off in-between scenes and such with much more ease, and many times we see it that way in BTS shots, and indeed, kinda ruins the illusion a bit. In Weller's case, you pretty much saw him in no less than 95% of this suit - Once that fucker was on it stayed on until the day was done. I do concur that even fully-dressed a lot of those other suits/costumes lose a little something when seeing them outside of finished shots and such, though. But not this beautiful beast,

That said, I agree completely. I've always said the original RoboCop never seemed like a guy in some massive suit to me, and I think that indeed shows even here.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:11 am Reply with quote

A few behind-the-scenes pics from Prime Directives, showing the suit parts laid out. I probably got them from this thread, but after digging through it in the hopes I missed something, I couldn't find them. I even checked the archived version of the PD site!

I know this is a real shot in the dark (reverse GIS gives me nothing) but does anyone happen to have these in higher resolution? I can think of a dozen things these pics would solve if they weren't the size of postage stamps.

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
fixer79
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:03 am Reply with quote

I think I have a rare promo picture for you guys . I got it from a guy selling press photos at a sci-fi film festival in Brussels a couple of years ago.

Taken at the 1990 Cannes festival, it shows an enthousiastic Nancy Allen in the company of what seems to be a PromoCop having shins and chin guard problems. Luckily there's a 'poste de secours' nearby!
Apparently PromoCop wasn't allowed to wield anything looking even remotely like Auto-9 on a public beach. Smile

Enjoy!

cheers,

Cliff

RB 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Picture and Video Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard