New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Favorite RoboCop villain and why??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Diesel_85
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: Can you fly Bobby??

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote

i'm pretty new here, but have been watching the site for a couple of years, now im here i would like to know who your fav robocop villain is and why... anybody from clarence boddicker, ed 209 to robocable or from the cartoons or whoever.... i just wanna know who and why

RB 26

marvel-wolverine
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quote

Ed209 of course!!
(But I don't count him as a villain...!)

RB 4892

Ed-260
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote

Boddicker. He was just an evil bastard, plain and simple. He took pleasure in dealing out misery. Nearly killed Robo (twice)and Lewis.

Cain thought he was Jesus or something. All he made was a drug. And nearly killed Robo.

McDaggett, actually killed Lewis. But who shoots a woman before a robot? Relied too heavily on Japanese samurai robots. Which were easily hackable by a little girl and a computer. Plus stereotypical British accent. If I remember correctly.

So, yeah Boddicker was the only villain I liked.

RB 710

cake
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote

I liked Leon Nash.

He had style and charisma. He was a villian you could party with. And then go mow down a busload of boyscouts, do a line of nose-candy, and party to the sounds of Touch your Spine.

Plus, he dumped a shitload of steel gurters on top of Robo, effectively pinning him down.

Definitely a villian that could've used more screen time.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quote

ED-209, though i don't think his potential has been realized. Imagine Robo taking on a squad of ED-209s. maybe the greatest Robo battle ever.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote

Boddicker's whole gang. Emil, Leon, etc. I just love watching them do what they do. When Emil is mutated by the toxic waste and goes to Leon for help, "Don't touch me MAN!" Classic scum. Thats what I love about R1. It's got so many memorable characters. Most of which just happen to be scubags Smile .

Every villain in R1 is awesome though. Wink

RB 249

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote

I have to agree with both JBA and Deus Ex. Boddicker and his gang of fiends we're easily some of the best depraved, villainous scumbags in all of RoboCop, and even in a movie period.

Sean makes a nice point about Nash, he should have been around a bit more. Emil had potential, too.

JohnBoy :
Cain thought he was Jesus or something. All he made was a drug. And nearly killed Robo.

Well, with the Nuke, he was giving people the opportunity 'to control every aspect of their emotional lives', as he put it. He was essentially controlling all these people and their moods, giving people 'paradise', again, as he said. I could see how that kind of outlook can give you a sort-of god-like complex.

Not that I think he's better than Boddicker, cause he sure ain't. But he's certainly a sick bastard of a bad-guy.

RoboCAIN certainly kicked ass, I know that much. tongue

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Robocop_Unit_1983
C-L2

C-L2

Troop Commander

Comment: I'm having...trouble...

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:04 am Reply with quote

My two favorite villains are Clarence Boddicker and Dick Jones, on one end Clarence represents the modern druglords of today whereas Jones represents the corrupt politician or corrupt executive who will stop at nothing to maintain his grip in power.

If you look at it this way, both are powerful and both represent the theme of corruption which often plays back and forth in the movie.

RB 2850

award ED-209 hamburger
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote

That's a good point, and Dick Jones was certainly evil enough in his own manner.

..But did Dick make jokes while blowing a cops' limbs off? tongue

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Diesel_85
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: Can you fly Bobby??

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote

Hmmm some interesting thoughts and views there... though i personally am gonna go with Clarence Boddicker & Dick Jones.... Bboddicker had this evil presence that you can't help but love and the whole "give the man a hand" just sold it for me.... Dick Jones ... again.. that evilness... yet could pass off a respectable ocp employee.... nobody knew what he was up to until the end, putting these two characters together was the best thing that could happen in my oppinion.. and hell nobody other than those two men could have played them.... yes ED-209 looked mean and devastating and robocain was this awesome death machine who literrally ripped apart everything in its path.... but both were mearley machines... Boddicker & Jones were humans... which makes them appear that bit mre evil and cold kinda like "oh my god how could a human being blow somebody's hand off" i mean that whole death scene was just inhuman... which made for great viewing and sold that character of Clarence Boddicker.... not sure if that makes sense when read but hope you guy's get it lol

RB 26

marvel-wolverine
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Just watched the whole of Robocop 2 for the first time in ages. Forgot how plain evil Dr Faxx was.

Also, what happened to the guy that looked like Elvis and the Oriental guy from Cain's gang? They just seem to completely disappear from the movie after Robo nearly kills Cain.

RB 710

cake
Brandon
RoboCop Database Founder

CH-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quote

Clarence Boddicker's twin brother.

That was one evil son of a bitch! Laughing

RB 1327

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote

^ He burned the fucking money!

mr green

RB 52679

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:23 am Reply with quote

Can you fly Bobby?

RB 249

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard