New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Favorite RoboCop villain and why??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:28 am Reply with quote

Philip17 :

I also would give credit to McDaggett from robocop 3, to bad the movie was for kids, but we have to see that he killed a cop (Lewis) with no problem.

"I donīt have a huge problem with that!" bang bang bang Confused
I think he is one of the few mature things around that movie. He also said "If we let him live, we would have to pay him!" and then the resistance mole dead Laughing

That guy is a real bastard Wink

I also gotta admit that Mcdagget is a good villain in a classic Robocop style. Cruel and cold with a real asshole ring to him. Thats the one and only thing they really got right. Oh, and I still think the actor John Castle looks so much like Steve Martin!

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
nindo
R-L5

R-L5

Comment: Cops don't like me, so I don't like cops.

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Cain, a psychopath who believes in voodoo and is a heavy drug user who takes pleasure in torturing people (live operations...). He's an even more dangerous criminal than the ones from the first movie since he's completely insane and out of touch with reality. Not to mention his other side - one of the coolest machines in movie history, which is Robocop II. Tom Noonan always portrayed creepy and completely insane characters.

And we also have one of the most controversial movie villains ever - Hob, a small boy. The character created quite a storm. Here's the movie that kids may see, whether they're suppose to or not. And Hob's a kid who's in a gang, deals with drugs, have a personal prostitute Angie and kills people like he's playing a video game. Talking a about a hardcore movie that is still controversial after 20 years!

And those two are closely followed by the duo from the first movie - Kurtwood Smith does a phenomenal job in portraying Clarence Boddicker, a filthy and obnoxious thug. Verhoeven made a great casting choice. Boddicker was a guy that had absolutely no remorse and no regard for human life. Kill left and right and don't flinch kind of guy, with only money and personal pleasures being the only things that count for him.

And Dick Jones was truly a 'dick'. He symbolized corrupted and evil power in the suit. He is basically a white-collar version of Boddicker. Money, power and name is what counts. Ronny Cox is one of the best 80's bad guys possible. He was equally as good in Total Recall, just a great actor.

Quote:
Im not sure if I place Cain and Hob above Boddicker and Jones, but I certainly think theyre much more dangerous and unpredictable. They had no morals, and they were delusional. They couldnt be reasoned with, they couldnt be bought by money, market territory or things like that

The slight advatage that Jones and Boddicker have tho, is that they were more 'real". Not to take anything away from the great characterization of the villains from the second movie, but the first movie's villains were really 3 dimensional and werent "colored" or embelished. You have plenty of people like that in everyday life (unfortunately).

Very good analysis and very good arguments. Cain is indeed insane who lied to angie by saying that he would make only fear with duffy. He makes him massacre in a barbarian way. And hob and an example of a youth delivered to the law of the jungle, handled by cain and the ocp for political interests. Let us recall that the ocp encourages the delinquency to build delta city and to eject the mayor kuzak.

RB 362

TheDudenfresh
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote

Cain from RoboCop 2, during the movie, he just plays as a cold, weak man who I don't find so interesting.

But when he dies and turns into a killer cyborg, you knew he was gonna be BAD-ASS for the rest of the movie!

He will always be one of the coolest bots around...PERIOD!

RB 26

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Hmm, negative 5 already?

RB 249

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quote

-7 now. Neutral

Still, I find little if any fault with his choice for RoboCAIN - He's certainly the best 'machine' enemy Robo has faced yet.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Snoopy
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote

Well I think I have to go with Clarence st8 bad to the bone,st8 ruthless killa,st8 take no prisoners,ya know ya boy Kurtwood Smith rocked the spot(LOL not that many people on this site will know what I was talking about,none will catch my drift,but if anyone ever seen Tupac Resurrection than you might know lol)

....jokes aside I think Clarence may be my favorite...no regard to human life,a sick and twisted human being,he takes pleasure in torturing people.He had almost killed Murphy twice,twice!

Although I gotta go with Cain as being the baddest,Cain had no feelings whatsoever,hes a complete nutcase...........how is someone gonna care about any other when they don't even care about themself?

RB 297

Primrose Lane
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Can you do that, dad?

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote

For me, it's definitely Clarence. If I remember correctly, on one of the DVD extras, Kurtwood Smith talks about how if a bad guy is physically big and bad, the audience will feel somewhat secure in the knowledge that they could potentially outsmart or outrun him.

But when you have someone like Boddicker - intelligent, clinical, deliberate, methodical, cerebral - he is truly the scariest type of villain of them all.

RB 825

game-xbox baby-food emil-figure
Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Deus Ex Robo :
Yeah, no matter how much you pick apart Cain's character and how little he is realized in the the actual film, you just can't beat RoboCain.

One of the most fucked up bad ass killing machines ever.

Hell, Terminator was cool as balls, but RoboCain brought such a hollowed brutal destructive force of cinematic death. Do we care that he shot much more ammunition than he could actually hold in his arm? Shit no. He was just "hella awesome". (sorry about the hella Smile ).

I don't know, maybe I'm crossing my fan-wires but RoboCain is undeniable in "it's" awesomeness.

This post already said everything I could on the subject. My vote goes to RoboCain Smile

...oh crap my 4th directive! *starts spazzing*

RB 454

CoboRop
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: No comment..

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote

Has to be Clarence Boddicker, perhaps the best movie villain of all time. Evil beyond cruel, no remorse, no compassion guilty of everything from criminal damage to sadistic murder and rape to torture and yet, somehow, he's still cool..

RB 16

Cain
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: NUKE MOOORRREE NUKE! I sooooo love CAIN CYBORG

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote

I have to agree with TheDudenfresh Robocain is Kickass. Simply I love his firepower and those toes of his could kill with one kick to your chest BOOM Very Happy

RB -359

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote

I love Robocain but when it comes to my favourite Robocop villain, there is only one name: Clarence Boddicker!!!
He is the most...colourfull Wink

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
Robo79
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: Murphy, transferring in from Metro South.

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote

Boddicker was an unholy badassed creep with choice one-liners and a unique demeanour, too.

RB 110

Rambo-Knife game-xbox
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote

My list:

1.Dick Jones
2.Clarence Boddicker
3.Hob
4.Bob Morton
5.Emil Antonowsky
6.Cain

I love Clarence just as much as the next bad guy, but there was always something amazingly evil and sinister about Dick Jones. Plus Ronny Cox just did such a damn good job. Hob comes in third, cause not only was he a total B-A, but he was also smart and ruthless for his age. I couldn't leave out Bob Morton, just because he tried so damn hard, and without him there wouldn't be a Robocop.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
RoboMike1170
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: "Stay out of Trouble,"

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote

ed 209! bad ass!

RB 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard