New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

ZOMBIES
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 am Reply with quote

Thats right, the unholy living dead. Reanimated abominations with an insatiable hunger for the flesh of the living, no fear of death, and only one sure method of destruction: the extreme damage or severing of the brain from the body.

In some cases a small isolated event, in others a world wide catastrophe with the likes to bring about the end of the world and usher in a state of pure anarchy. An apocalypse.

Or as professionals say, a...ZOMB-POCALYPSE!

:roll:

Yeah anyways, I love zombies. Or should I say, I FUCKING love zombies. A possible catalyst to redemption, brotherhood, and self independence. Or revolution, war, and savagry.

I'm really getting too far into this for the intro post so I'll just cut to the chase.

Zombies. Love them? Hate them? What's your favorite zombie flick, book, or comic? How obsessed are you with the end of the world? Got a Z-Day plan of escape? Do you wanna know what the fuck's going on or whether or not they're all in there just jerking each other off?

CREDITS 627

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:38 am Reply with quote

Personally speaking, I like Zombies just fine after they've gotten a 12-Gauge facial. tongue

I did like the Dawn of the Dead remake. Otherwise, it's late and I can't think of anything else right now.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:46 am Reply with quote

Zombies are awesome. Everything about them is (well, exept Zombie Strippers)

CREDITS 3040

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quote

My favorite Zombie films:

Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, and Shaun of the Dead. I own a hand full of other ones but these are by far the best of the best. And even though it's not technically a zombie film, 28 Days Later. Fuck the sequel (although it has great gore).

And thats pretty much where I draw the line with the films. The original Romero trilogy changed my life and no other zombie film comes close to those.

And don't even get me started on the remake of Dawn of the Dead. A zombie is a rotting decaying corpse that is naturally falling apart. Things ought to naught work right. IMO that means that running is totally out of the question. Granted it's 1000 times scarier than any Romero zombie though.

Books and Comics:

Day by Day Armageddon. It's the diary of a nameless protagonist chronicling his life before and during the zomb-pocalypse. If I can recommend any zombie book, it would be that one.

The Walking Dead. Don't ask questions, just buy it.

So whaddya think? Don't like it? Well give me some shit! I love fighting over zombie movies!

Oh and what was your first Zombie film?

CREDITS 627

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote

Deus Zombies are rotting, non running creatures, after they have decomposed for awhile. A fresh zombie could run, although coordination would be a main problem, that's why they are always pretty much falling on people for support while they munch their brains. Very Happy

But a zombie could run, I think anyway, before the muscles decayed away, so If somebody just died and turned into one I don't think it is out of the question.

Oh yeah playing Zombies on halo 3 is probably the funnest game in the world. I'll get somewhere real dumb, like up on a light in rat race where there is only one way to get to me and really make some zombies howl.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Deus Ex Robo :
And don't even get me started on the remake of Dawn of the Dead. A zombie is a rotting decaying corpse that is naturally falling apart. Things ought to naught work right. IMO that means that running is totally out of the question. Granted it's 1000 times scarier than any Romero zombie though.

I thought it was pretty good.

Now, I'm no big zombie lover (then again I haven't actually met any yet.. tongue), but I think zombies are supposed to be terrifying. And as you've even said, those zombies are scary.

I think running at you as fast as a dog instead of limping like a drunk 95 year old make them scarier in some way. Just me though. Wink

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:58 pm Reply with quote

I think Zombies in real life would be pretty damn scary. Imagine you're laying in your bed late at night and some creepy ass person starts bumping into the side of your bedroom wall. Just milling around "drunkenly" against the side of your house. All the while moaning and making disgusting sounds. You all by yourself with nothing but your already wildly running imagination.

You call the cops, they can't get out to your house, not enough units. So now you have to go out there in the dark and tell this "guy" to fuck off. And you all know what happens from there. That would be pretty intense.

Personally I think that would be pretty scary. Some slow moving fear inducing puss bag. With the ability to seep into the deepest recess of your brain and spread fear and a general sense of dread/disgusting-ness.

I subscribe to the fact that the fresher you are as a zombie, the faster and more capable you are at moving around and killing people. But full blown olympic sprinting? Come on.

If you're going to go the fast route, go with "Infected" people like in 28 Days Later. One word of dialogue can change the meaning of an entire film. Ridiculous sprinting corpses? Or plausible full throttle "infected PCP addicts" that throw up diseased blood? (that sounds a little funny but you know what I mean).

Yeah a running "zombie" is scarier. but at what cost? A bunch of disgusting slow moving rot sacks that take the time to get into your head, nose, ears, and soul? Eventually driving you slowly insane before they eat you?

Or a bunch of rotting olympians that once they spot you, they haul ass and kill you? Now now now, fast fast fast, kill kill kill. You barely have enough time to get scared. You'll be frightened simply because it's coming at you so fast. Which is actually pretty scary, but has no substance to it what so ever.

Which tells you a lot about the society we live in today. Nobody's patient enough to be creeped out anymore and we have to have it right now. And be snappy about it. Don't take the time to enjoy it, cut straight to the chase. It's not the journey or the thrill of the hunt, it's the prize at the end. The kill.

Put it this way, which type of zombie would you want to be devoured alive by?

Someone who will burst in, scare you for a few seconds kill you quickly and eat you?

Or someone (there would have to be more than one I admit) who will force there way in, make there way towards you, giving you the time to run around the room you're in and realize that there is no escape, have time to regret and feel doom, then be slowly eaten to death?

You decide Wink

CREDITS 627

supes2705
L-L3

L-L3

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quote

The slow zombies are best, my motto with zombies is one way or another they will get you, they always outnumber you, no matter how far you go or how fast you move

CREDITS 53

Lightsaber-Green S-Shield dc-superman doctor-who-dalek VoorHees-Mask batman-joker dvd-20th
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote

Well, good points. It's funny - I too usually dislike that everything has to be a rush, kind of like you said. I don't know, though. I've just never been really scared by deliberate movement in most cases.

But, you've put it - Add the numbers and sheer creep factor though, and yeah, you definitely got something with the slow ones. All the fast ones mainly got is the speed. Scary yes, but admittedly just not the same.

Hell, even individual slow zombies can scare plenty when done right. A good case that I remember would be those bastards in Doom III.

I've just never been a big horror guy, so I ain't ever been much into zombies either way.

I certainly don't care for either form of zombie death, also. tongue

CREDITS 2304

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quote

We can also not forget that for a zombie to take you over and be real scary you have to ba a little mentally challenged and make probably the worst decisions possible when they are after you just like in every zombie movie. Laughing Zombies are alot scarier when you are the dumbest person on the planet, going to the dumbest places for safety and making super foolish decisions, like I just said like every character in a zombie flick.

But it still wouldn't be hard to be taken over by a swarm of them, that's why you hijack yourself a tank or other vehicle of the sort, and get used to calling it home.

Oh yeah it also doesn't hurt to be that one person in the world who is immune to the whole turning into a zombie when bitten deal.

Would zombies crave robocop's brain as well, how could he fare against a hoard of decomposing creeps? I can see it now, Dead or........dead you're coming with me......Dead then. Very Happy

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Hell, even individual slow zombies can scare plenty when done right. A good case that I remember would be those bastards in Doom III.

Anyone play Half-Life 2 or any of it's subsequent 'Episodes'? Great zombie moments in that game too.

Stan The Man :
I've just never been a big horror guy, so I ain't ever been much into zombies either way.

Horror, I've never really been a fan of. I don't even like Jason and Freddy movies. It too easily can turn into just a gore and tits film with nothing meaningful driving it. Just an excuse to see blood.

And don't get me started on these modern horror shit fests everyone flocks to go see. You know what I'm talking about, all those LionsGate films that came out after Saw 1 hit theaters. They all look the same, use the same 'scare tactics', have the same plots, and have all the same characters. It sickens me. Now they've gone down hill even more, Modern Horror Remakes. Friday the Thirteenth, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc. They're even going to destroy The Wolfman and the Creature from the Black Lagoon. oh dear

To me, there are only a handful of good horror films out there. In fact, I don't even consider zombie films horror. At least the good ones that take themselves seriously (Night, Dawn, Day, 28 Days). They just have too much stuff going on to be called a primitive "horror/gore/scare fest".

RoboDemise :
We can also not forget that for a zombie to take you over and be real scary you have to ba a little mentally challenged and make probably the worst decisions possible when they are after you just like in every zombie movie. Laughing Zombies are alot scarier when you are the dumbest person on the planet, going to the dumbest places for safety and making super foolish decisions, like I just said like every character in a zombie flick.

And that's why most horror films suck eggs. Personally, I would think there are enough challenges and bad situations in a "zomb-pocalypse" for even level headed people to fall victim to.

Zombies are real (lets say they are of the slow variety), what do you do?

"Well I'd get me a fuckin shotgun!"

Okay, have you ever fired a gun before? (I find that most people who say that have not. Me included) You could injure yourself or others. Or worse, not know where the safety is and die like a noob. What if it jams? Or gets zombie brains inside the barrel and needs to be cleaned?

Once you do fire that gun off, it's going to create a lot of noise. Which will most likely attract more and more zombies to your location. Thus creating a swarm and the means to your end. You could even attract other people who might not be on the same side as you are. Does the saying "Every man for himself" ring a bell?

Where would you go? Who would you take with you? What about food? Water? Medical supplies? What about infection? Do you think it would only happen to you if you got bit? What if after blowing the brains out of a walking corpse, the sudden evacuation of blood and goo splattered all over your face. Entering your eyes, mouth, and any open cuts/wounds you might have. This would be a health hazard even if the zombie virus/condition wasn't blood borne. Hell, just having rotting human corpses walking about is a health hazard.

Perhaps you have to jump over a fence or a gap between rooftops? Most fat, lazy, and average people aren't used to this and might make mental and physical mistakes while performing these untrained movements.

The thing is, a zombie apocalypse is going to create a lot of situations most people cannot handle or are used to doing. The majority of people aren't used to doing these physically demanding activities let alone fending for themselves without the aid of super markets and 7-11's.

RoboDemise :
Would zombies crave robocop's brain as well, how could he fare against a hoard of decomposing creeps? I can see it now, Dead or........dead you're coming with me......Dead then. Very Happy

How awesome would it have been if RoboCop made an appearance in 'Marvel Zombies'?

After all he did have his own Marvel series for a while.

Just because you're pretty much part of a brain and some other organic chunks doesn't mean that they can't become zombified. Am I right?

CREDITS 627

supes2705
L-L3

L-L3

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote

I always have daydreams of a zombie apocalypse, with me running round the Metrocentre (the largest shopping and leisure centre in the European Union) and it just happens to be in my town, pitty theres no gun shops =(

CREDITS 53

Lightsaber-Green S-Shield dc-superman doctor-who-dalek VoorHees-Mask batman-joker dvd-20th
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote

^ Haha! USA wins again! tongue

As for the 'Grab a fuckin shotgun - omigod you could shoot yourself, or not even shoot it at all, people lie about shooting guns, blah blah' - Lucky for me, I actually have shot a few guns. A Mossberg 590 pump shotgun included. In fact, that was one of the first firearms I've shot. Felt quite nice. Smile

It's safety consists of a simple switch on the top-back of the receiver, behind the rear sight.

But, I know that, and your typical human probably doesn't, indeed. Too bad for them. tongue

Bah. Seriously, all those extra details just make this thing depressing. :roll:

By your understanding, what you're saying is nobody would have a chance in hell. So do tell me how you got all that shit figured out yourself, Mr. Buzzkill?

I guess the point is that, just like being a gangsta, or smoking dope, Zombie Apocalypses just aren't fun, kids. Wink

CREDITS 2304

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
By your understanding, what you're saying is nobody would have a chance in hell. So do tell me how you got all that shit figured out yourself, Mr. Buzzkill?

I don't mean to be depressing and killing your buzz, but thats why they call it an apocalypse. Not many people are supposed to survive.

But yeah, I get way too into this shit. I've been on my share of zombie forums. And I consider myself to be one of the sane ones.

And personally I think I would do okay in the zombie apocalypse. For a while Confused . My plan, stealth. But in the long run or even surviving? I'm as good as dead. But bring it on I say. That would be one hell of a morbid adventure before I died.

As for guns, I legally can't own one till I'm 30 (I'm 21 so far). Long story short, battery. Ironically, my 16 y/o sister is a crack shot.

Man, I'm trying so hard not to turn this post into another essay here.

So, first zombie movie you ever saw? Or anything. There's plenty to talk about on the subject of the flesh eating undead.

http://www.deadsource.com/daysounds/theyredead.mp3

CREDITS 627

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard