New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Murphy's face.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote

DoktorNo :
For some resons, I think that this discussion is only theoretical. As I said before the crash, if Murphy did't have his organic face as a cyborg, the movie audience would have problems with relating to the movie hero. Smile

It may also be a pure marketing issue from the point of view of OCP, all kind of interactive machines have always tried to imitate human likeness and emotions (such as a human voice) to get a better reaction and empathy from the customer, a robot which "appears" to be human is a bit better for social purposes than an ed-209 that would scare you to death if you were someone innocent that needs help or something (for example the lady and the rapers).

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
SiR-ROUND
ABC WARRIOR

OCP3 - L3

Comment: Oh my god! They killed Kinney!

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quote

True... Robo was to be used in public a replacement officer.

You wouldn't call Cain an officer now would you?

RB 3346

judge-dredd judge-dredd-lawgiver judge-dredd-abcwarrior RoboCain-v2 terminator-endo terminator-skull evildead-book2 klf-album1
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quote

That's the problem and OCP incompetence, ED-209 and RoboCain are much more like war machines than urban police officers. But on the other hand that's what makes the films funny, sarcastic and exagerated.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the whole face is fake, but that doesn't xplain the bullet hole.

haha agin witty SiR
I dont know imagine the Robocop with a other face ! Looks good ehm althought ! :roll: so why the ideas !

Quote:
His eyes are indeed cybernetic, as his targeting reticule is active, regardless of whether he is/isn't wearing the helmet

hmm oki but then I dont understand how he could weep in the PD in the 3 part ! :roll: so who explain this will be really king !!

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quote

I think that the crying in PD was to show a degree of humanity in Robo. Personally I think Robo wouldnt cry as the OCP technicians would have removed any organics that were not of any use.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
SiR-ROUND
ABC WARRIOR

OCP3 - L3

Comment: Oh my god! They killed Kinney!

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quote

True, Anything after Robocop 1 and 2 is pure speculation and/or poor writing skills.

RB 3346

judge-dredd judge-dredd-lawgiver judge-dredd-abcwarrior RoboCain-v2 terminator-endo terminator-skull evildead-book2 klf-album1
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote

Eyes would still require lubercation...so yeah he can cry.

RB 495

Hob976
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

Do T-800's have lubrication...? I'm pretty sure that they established in some of the cheezier parts of T2 that Terminators can't cry...

Quote:
True, Anything after Robocop 1 and 2 is pure speculation and/or poor writing skills.

True that. Please!!!! Lets keep PD out of this...!!!

We're trying to have a sound and rational conversation about what parts of a Law Enforcement Cyborg from the future's face would be organic... "GOD...!!!" (insert Napolean Dynamite voice...)

I kinda picture parts of an organic skull, with metal bonded to it like the Wolverine's... (to extend this absurdity into even other comic realms)

Further... Frank Miller (who wrote one of the two most relevent movies) painted this...

At least I think Miller painted it... right? Whatever.

RB 3974

Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quote

Hob976 :
Quote:

Do T-800's have lubrication...? I'm pretty sure that they established in some of the cheezier parts of T2 that Terminators can't cry.

Ah shit....I forgot about that. Confused

Would explain why no matter what happens between Robo and his wife in the second film..he never crys or looks that sad.

Good point Hob976.

Also yeah, lets keep that shit PD out of this. Nothing in that film should be considered canon to the Movie series or the character itself.

RB 495

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quote

Hob976 :
Quote:

Do T-800's have lubrication...? I'm pretty sure that they established in some of the cheezier parts of T2 that Terminators can't cry...

Man I think you misunderstood that, it's not he can't physiologicaly cry, is that he was emotionally unable to understand how to do it (note the absurdity of "to do it", crying is not something we learn to do and we choose to do, but something that happens to us, that's why a machine can't cry).

I think terminator fake eyes definately could lubricate, in the first film we can perfectly see how they are organic when he removes one, though they are more like lenses, but still organic.

RB 6857

Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:24 am Reply with quote

huh what

Another good point...Shit. Confused

I guess his eyes are real...he's just too hardass to cry.

RB 495

Hob976
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:11 am Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that in the end of T2 (though it's been a while), Arnie says something along the lines of:

"I know now why you cry (just imagine the voice)... but it's something I can never do".

I might be off by a word, but that's a pretty solid open/shut case....

We're juggling semantics here, over whethor Terminators can cry, when THE Terminator (in a Terminator movie) actually says "I can't cry...".

Quote:
I think terminator fake eyes definately could lubricate

Word. That makes sense. Lubed, they may be. But I'm not sure that equals tears.

In fact, if you can stab that fake eye with a razor, and pluck it out of your own face without BLINKING ...and you don't shed ONE TEAR....
Quote:
something that happens to us
THAT would be an optimal time for it to happen to any robot from the future modeled after Mr. Universe...

Eithor way.
Quote:
that's why a machine can't cry
We seem to agree on this point...

Ah... But OCP-001 is part human! Yep. So damned if I know...

Let's just cut the Bull Sh*t... How does he pee...!!!
God, we're all just dancing around the real issues, here. And I know you all wonder it...!!! Where's the baby food go!!!

RB 3974

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:50 am Reply with quote

IO always thought the baby food was just pure nutrients, his organics are so simple that the technicians only give him what his body needs, so there would be no waist or deification required. Remember that Johnson says it "tastes just like baby food" not that it actually is baby food. Although Lewis does bring him the substance in jars of baby food, so that could just be an inconsistency.

RB 5760

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
Hob976
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:31 am Reply with quote

Burnout, we've got to get to the bottom of this... This face "situation" is a decoy. There's more at steak here...

RB 3974

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard