New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Murphy's face.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

RoboSabs
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Frobozz Electric Company "We bring bad things to light"

Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote

I think his face is real to give him a sense of humanity so that he doesn't look totally like a killer emotionless machine.
In the second movie when murphy and lewis are scoping out the arcade, lewis sayes "good eyes Murphy" he says "Best money can buy" i think that they are in someways cybernetic.

and in the 3rd movie if you want to count it as "Robocop" *rolls eyes* he has a heart.

Cheers
Sabs

RB 62

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quote

RoboSabs :

In the second movie when murphy and lewis are scoping out the arcade, lewis sayes "good eyes Murphy" he says "Best money can buy" i think that they are in someways cybernetic

and in the 3rd movie if you want to count it as "Robocop" *rolls eyes* he has a heart

"Good as money can buy"

And his heart is artificial, not organic.

And yes, we'll count RoboCop 3. It is a masterpiece compared to some of the shit that has been put out with RoboCop's name slapped on it. It may be the worst movie, but it's still the third best RoboCop fancy moving picture there is in my opinion. I would watch it over the series, animated series, and prime directives any day.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quote

RoboSabs :
I think his face is real to give him a sense of humanity so that he doesn't look totally like a killer emotionless machine.
In the second movie when murphy and lewis are scoping out the arcade, lewis sayes "good eyes Murphy" he says "Best money can buy" i think that they are in someways cybernetic.

and in the 3rd movie if you want to count it as "Robocop" *rolls eyes* he has a heart.

Cheers
Sabs

But nice said ! Why I still have the feeling ?!
Btw welcome RoboSabs

Anayway I always thought that with Murphys face it is like in this drawing .. You know the Nahas books and R1 give you the feeling !

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
RoboSabs
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Frobozz Electric Company "We bring bad things to light"

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:29 am Reply with quote

Ok yeah i would totally watch R3 over Prime Directives anytime lol I thought Richard Eden did a pretty good job of doing Robocop in the Tv series, waaaay better than Paige Fletcher from PD.

Cheers
Sabs

RB 62

Armor
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:23 am Reply with quote

I always thought it was his real face when I 1st saw Robo 1. There's just too much inner workings in regards to skeletal structure and muscle to try to replicate in order to make an accurate portrayal of his face. They needed him to see himself to keep sane and a fake face would freak anyone out.

Plus they needed it to be real so as not to scare folks as it made him human and approachable to everyday citizens.

But of course the logic doesn't lead itself to make this true as there's too many problems inherent to keeping the tissue alive with blood flow. Plus he states in # 2 that they made it to honor him. But that's if we're including the sequels in the discussion.

RB 83

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:24 am Reply with quote

I think by "they made this to honor him", Robo means his whole body rather than just the face.

I had a pretty good question to ask about Robo's face, but I've completely forgotten it. It'll come back soon though. I hope.

RB 249

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Sealurk
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:01 pm Reply with quote

I definitely think it's Murphy's own face and the front section of his skull, grafted onto a cybernetic skull / brain interface. To me, it just looks like an organic graft, especially the way it lifts at the edges - and of course the bullet hole is a dead giveaway.

However, the flesh itself isn't necessarily alive (or the skin, at any rate). It could have been treated with some kind of preservative, something akin to a teflon coating that keeps it relatively pristine and resilient, since Murphy doesn't have the same biological requirements or capabilities as a human. The face itself probably has little to no intrinsic biological value as far as Robo's functioning is concerned, but it is probably of incalculable psychological value, both to Murphy's sanity and stability and people dealing with RoboCop, and of course it would likely be very important to have a functioning face for Murphy to be able to speak properly. I doubt his voice is entirely artificial.

RB 10

Officer Harvey
Metro West District, Detroit Police Department, OCP

O-L1

Comment: I'm not in a Labor Union. I'm a Police Officer. I Don't Strike.

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:26 am Reply with quote

Exactly what Sealark said. I too believe that Murphy's face is INDEED Murphy's face including the eyes. It is just not 'alive' but is apparently maintained with some pseudo-biological tech OCP placed in his system to maintain it. As for the eyes, OCP obviously had the retinas upgraded to give him his zoom capability hence the 'best money can buy' quote Murphy said in R2.

RB 25

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:55 pm Reply with quote

Armor :
But of course the logic doesn't lead itself to make this true as there's too many problems inherent to keeping the tissue alive with blood flow

Hey, but as we have had chance to see ( in the PD ) Robocop has except of other liquids also "blood" in his body . Wink In the R1 has been said that he needs also some simple food, yep baby food to keeping his live tissues alive. So I bet that his brain does not is the only one live "tissue".

I think, whole the matter that Robocop has a metal skull started with the Terminators era .

Almost everyone who is not too big fan of Robocop or Terminator think that Robocop is a robot totally similar to the Terminator, with a metal skull and etc . And you know, we have here the Marcus and now many of the fans mainly the younger fans think that every one cyborg including a Robocop should look like the Marcus, of course i think his internal metal parts also the his metal skull :roll: oh dear

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:11 am Reply with quote

Nika Silwerra :
RoboSabs :

Cheers
Sabs

But nice said ! Why I still have the feeling ?!
Btw welcome RoboSabs

Anayway I always thought that with Murphys face it is like in this drawing .. You know the Nahas books and R1 give you the feeling !

That is one GREAT artwork

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote

when I was a kid I always thought it was his head and thought the movie was bad arss.......now at my age iam thinking woooow az if I missed all this when I was a kid.....this what makes it a bad arss movie

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
GNracer2000
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote

I believe that Robocop's face is completely artificial. When watching R1 while the are building him and you are watching from his POV the one scientist turns the screen 90 degrees and then the other guy comes in with the pliers before it rolls and blacks out. Then in the next scene the bring in the LED and they drill the corner of the screen down. I would find it hard to believe they would being doing things like this to his human skull. I also think that most of the right side of his brain is gone from the head shot that killed Murphy. We are given no definite time table of construction but I think they had most of the components for Robocop built although not completely assembled.

RB 38

Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote

I would say his skull is entirely metal. But his face is his own. There is no reason for the scar to be there, otherwise. If his face was artificial, they would make it perfect. But instead its scarred. So its his face. Thats the only organic part of his head, other than his brain. The rest of his head is entirely cybernetic. Also, in RoboCop: Prime Directives, his face is a bit diferent. Were the scar is, there is a metal port. Like with Adam Jenson in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. That makes it more clearly that its his skin only.

RB 188

Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:47 am Reply with quote

It seemed like the technicians originally wanted to simply rebuild Murphy as a functioning cop again, but Morton pushed for something of an unstoppable tank. Needless to say, it looked like only his brain survived because that was crucial, and the face as well, for unknown reasons. Having a human mouth and voice would be beneficial to communication.

If I could speculate, I'd say maybe Tyler had a role in preserving some of his humanity by keeping his entire face, as she was clearly unnerved by the ethics of what they were doing; it was no longer about bringing Murphy back to life, but a showing of Bob Morton's ego. With the helmet screwed securely in place, it seems like maybe his face was intended to be secret.

Funny enough, Robo's face reminds me of an action figure where you're not supposed to remove a mask or helmet (but you do anyways), and you're left with this unpainted and partially unsculpted face underneath. Odd analogy, I know.

RB 730

hamburger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard