New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

What DIDN'T you like about Robocop 1?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Primrose Lane
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Can you do that, dad?

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote

Let's change the status quo around here! Is there anything you didn't like about the movie, or wish they did/didn't do?

For me, I read a little item in the script that I wish they kept. It was during the gas station scene with Emil, and after the explosion, the "S" in "SHELL" is apparently blown out, leaving Robocop walking through the flames with the word "HELL" shining behind him in faded neon. Just seems like such a cool touch for the context of the film.

As for something I didn't like in the film itself, I wish that Steve Minh made it through the movie and died a more brutal death in the steel mill showdown with the rest of the guys, as he was one of the original core gang members who murdered Murphy, and he didn't quite get the comeuppance that the others got.

RB 825

game-xbox baby-food emil-figure
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, the "Hell" thing is very vaguely in the movie, but not really noticeable. It's a missed opportunity for sure. The whole walking through the gates of hell and all that would have been a cool thing to be more visable.

Also, it always buggs me how easily they let Robo go out into the city on his own. After some basic tests, recording, targeting etc and shooting the gun they just throw him some car keys and let him drive around on his own. You'd think they would have least have a supervisor or a partner with him for the first night.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Officer Igor Antunes
Detroit Police | Omnicorp

Sgt-L2

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote

I don't like the weapon choices for ordinary police or SWAT units.

Still about DPDs SWAT: it was very cartoonish represented in the movie, while they solve an stand-of waving shotguns to the long range window, or negotiate with bullhorns. No sniper support were available, no entry teams were placed near the siege room. The suspect was alone in there, there was no real need for a "RoboCop" to take him out.

I can see why Verhoeven chose to do this way, its a ironic approach, a parody of the real world police and how they handle situations. I still really like it. It's epic how Robo enters though the wall and punch the subject.

RB 1741

Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
always buggs me how easily they let Robo go out into the city on his own. After some basic tests, recording, targeting etc and shooting the gun they just throw him some car keys and let him drive around on his own. You'd think they would have least have a supervisor

It's OCP and that's how they roll Laughing

Seriosuly though, I wouldn't give up anything of the first movie, but if we could have had it a little longer than it is, I wish there could have been more scenes of Robo being... robo. You know, before he starts having dreams and flashes of his past life.
I always thought that happened a tiny little bit too soon and rapidly. I also would have moved the "Your move, creep" line to a later time, after those dreams/flashes started.

Oh and personally, I'd tone down the screams of ED209 when it falls down the stairs. I could never really see why a drone would screech like a piggy. A mechanical sound that comes close to sounding like a screech would have been better I think.

RB 454

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quote

Primrose Avenue :
For me, I read a little item in the script that I wish they kept. It was during the gas station scene with Emil, and after the explosion, the "S" in "SHELL" is apparently blown out, leaving Robocop walking through the flames with the word "HELL" shining behind him in faded neon. Just seems like such a cool touch for the context of the film.

I could have sworn I've seen a picture of this. I wanna say someone here had it as an avatar?

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote

I never heard of the hell sign with the gas station blowing up.

This does seem very cool. Right when the humanity is starting to come back for Robo he walks through the fucking fires of hell! That is an amazing and awesome concept that I have never thought of in that scene. Fuck, it blows my mind really.

My respect, love, and appreciation for this work of art just keeps building over the years. I really don't think the movie will ever be topped for me.

If there was anything I would change about the movie it would just be asthetic crap. Like Dick Jones falling at the end I would like to see redone, made to not look like a claymate long armed ape in a suit falling from the building. Maybe another cut scene of the body landing on the remains of the ED or something like that.

The rest of the stop mo in the movie is great. But that fall just looks like shit. I fucking hate seeing it at the end. And everybody I have watched it with has laughed at that part. I'm all for laughing at violence and the like, but this laugh is out of place. I wish that cheesy looking scene wasn't the near-end of this movie. But "Murphy" redeems it in the end of course. Just think that fall could be redone.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote

That is an amazing picture. It is my new everything. The greatest thing I have ever seen. Thanks for posting that Archive.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Primrose Lane
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Can you do that, dad?

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quote

Archive :

Man, that is such a great image! Is that actually in the film, and I've just never caught it before?

RB 825

game-xbox baby-food emil-figure
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote

Nah, it's a promotion photo/lobby card.
I carefully watched the explosion scene and it can VERY vaguely be seen if you know what you look for.

I get the feeling that they deliberately chose to skip it though. Shell oil probably would not have liked the whole hell thing.

RB 348130

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:23 am Reply with quote

As I type this, the 'Hell' picture is the random picture on the forum index.

Coincidence, or something more menacing?

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Never knew about the Hell thing either, well whaddya know. As for what I dont like, I tried to think of something but couldnt really find anything. About one thing that always bothered me is Robo's VERY clearly visible neck. I dont know why they didnt add two extra rings to cover it up

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quote

I noticed the hell thing upon watching the movie again after playing Park's magnificent Robocop 2D.

RB 454

ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote

i wish they would've kept the original opening with the attack of Officer Fredrickson and his partners by Boddicker and Co...i know it was scripted (and talked about/shown a bit on MediaBreak) ,but i don't know if the actual scene was ever filmed....

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard