New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop #1 HD screencaps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :

well you know, I think the same thing can be said about the "making of" featurettes and all that. They show whats behind the curtain and also ruin the magic a little.

True, but you don't have to watch that.

Nevermind, the point I was trying to make is lost.

RB 495

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:13 am Reply with quote

Mephisto :
KidGoesWild :

well you know, I think the same thing can be said about the "making of" featurettes and all that. They show whats behind the curtain and also ruin the magic a little.

True, but you don't have to watch that.

Nevermind, the point I was trying to make is lost.

No no, I get it. Ive read an article once in which someone was describing his dissapointment after viewing Aliens on DVD. He said that the slightly blurry and dark vhs copy he was used to was a better experience for him because he only saw shadows and the general images of aliens, whereas on DVD you see them brighter, sharper with all those details and sometimes you can even see the cable or something on the robotic queen puppet. Thats like taking a pick behind Wizard of Oz's curtain

So I understand your point, but still, I really love seeing those classic in a restored, nice and clean versions

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 am Reply with quote

Nika Silwerra :

And small request to you .. Can you please to post a HD pict of this scene ?!

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:16 am Reply with quote

Mephisto :
I'm not digging the HD folks and I'll tell you why.

The sharper and brighter they make the image the harder it is for me to suspend my belief and not notice it's just a guy in a suit.

On that subject, I do see a lot of flaws all over the place with the HD release. A lot of that stuff was visible from the start though, the rubber gloves that bend, the joint in the gloves that detach etc. I think we may have seen the movies too many times that we start to look for stuff. I do agree that the HD images do reveal a lot of things. Both good and bad.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote

thanks for the pict Archive .. a PT for you soon !

also thanks for all what you are posting here ! The picts are almost as good as some photos ! When I will have more of time I will try a wallpapers .

Mephisto :
HD in some instances can really make a once great looking film ugly by revealing all it's flaws.

That is truth ! But how I found out I dont have problems with it . We all know how the films are made , also with the glitches and mistakes . Now I am just happy to see all the details and to seek what new even you can find on the suit or in the background and etc !

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I think we may have seen the movies too many times that we start to look for stuff. I do agree that the HD images do reveal a lot of things. Both good and bad.

Thats right. Like I said in a different thread:
I usually rewatch movies once a year or two, this way they stay fresh and I continue watching them instead of looking at them - something that happens when you see the movie too often and too many times. It also causes silly nitpicking

RB 525

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:53 pm Reply with quote

I'm too busy being mesmerized by the better detail to notice flaws I already know are there. tongue

Seriously, I understand where Meph's coming from - some things do stick out more in the HD versions. I try not to let it get to me as much, but there are times it does and times it doesn't.

I think it's more like Archive said - we've all seen the movie so much, we can't help but notice the little flaws and all, especially when some are more apparent from the HD re-release. Bah.

The images still look wonderful, though.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote

And continuing tradition, here's more

Old Man looks very stern here

the mill

"drop the gun, you are under arrest"

"drop it!"

Boom

"Waaaaah"

RB 525

murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote

woooow awesome my fav is

Here the mine Wink

Murphy38. mr green

RB 2354

tiny-cop robocop-head alex-murphy RoboBadge baby-food award
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quote

Awesome shots, especially the one with the back of Robo's head. You can see the thickness of the skin. Great stuff

RB 525

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:57 am Reply with quote

One more from me

RB 525

murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:07 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
Awesome shots, especially the one with the back of Robo's head. You can see the thickness of the skin. Great stuff

your welcome,
i'm glad you like my screencaps thank you and you 2 great stuff my friend Wink

Murphy38. mr green

RB 2354

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:36 pm Reply with quote

Awesome ! many thanks boys and sister of course !
Since the time you separated these topics I am really curious what next I will see here ! like a box with surprise !

Murphy you took a great picts ...especially I love the last one ! Hey you could take one with the his legendary smile !

KidGoesWild :

Yes .. uh also the oil or blood or what it is on the metal part !

EDIT:
so for example I really never noticed this durimg watching the film .. oh that is a shame because I saw the film so many times !

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote

yes thanks to HD or Blueray can see have many details that we did not see before. Wink

for example: the wire behind the head of robo

Murphy38. mr green

RB 2354

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Picture and Video Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard