New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Do your family and friends know you are Robocop fan?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote

...and what they do think or say on it ?

I have really amazing relationship with my boyfriend Mikhael and I so love him .. cause I believe him and he believes me he knows about me really everything But of course he knows that I am visiting this site and Robocop is one of my fav heroes ! And it is funny cause he makes of me and "my" Robocop jokes ..Also he like the Terminator films and I can to say he is a little bit Terminator fan.. so we really often discuss (ehm quarrel ) who of these two would win . Robocop or the Terminator .. It is really crazy funny and we have many time really good fun of this !

Of course I dont want to look as a crazy and weird fan so I am not saying about Robocop and etc to other folks or friends .. Also I dont have the feeling to say about that .

Also for the reason .. for the nice relationship with my boyfriend will be interesting to read and to know stories of further members .. For example RoboHell or MiamiRobo ..which families surelly know that they are the right Robocop fan !

I posted this topic into this section because ( if someone wants read it must to be registered member here ) and this is a bit a private thing

Of course you admins can move or delete it.. Wink

Really curious read your " surelly funny " stories !

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Comment: Always around robots, real and fictional

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:19 am Reply with quote

My parents know about my love for RoboCop since I was 9-10, because I used to watch the animated series together with a classmate at home nearly every afternoon. Smile Then over the years I started hiding more and more at home, because they would make fun of me.

But you know the story. ^^ Hehe.

That reminds me that I watched R3 again with my dad just last night. It felt good, but of course I pretended it was just some film I like since childhood, didn't let out more than that, dad doesn't know I'm still a Robo-fan. tongue1

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't really get much flak from people I know when I tell them how bad ass and intelligent RoboCop 1 is.

But one of my best friends always gives me shit whenever I say "Last night on the robocop forum" or etc.

I find that even I laugh at most of the robocop forum related stories I tell other non robo fans.

Eh, whatever. I take my habits in fully aware stride Wink

RB 249

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Officer Igor Antunes
Detroit Police | Omnicorp

Sgt-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote

haha I know how it its, Deus.

Last night my girlfriend was watching me walking back to my vehicle where she was waiting. Then, when i got inside, she said "You really have a face of bad man." and continued "And you walk in a funny way".

I asked her "i walk like what?" And she replied "I don't know, you walk with your arms like a robot". She knows that i'm a Robofan, maybe haven't linked things yet.

I felt myself reconized. I'll have some RoboCop references in our future house furniture. The only thing is that didn't told her... hehe

RB 1741

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quote

All of my friends and family know about obesseion with RoboCop and support it 100%, i have had robocop partys with my buds, i get a little
shit from them but not too much because they worship starwars.

http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/album_showpage.php?pic_id=104

http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/album_showpage.php?pic_id=103

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
supes2705
L-L3

L-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote

Nah I don't get shit because everyone I know practically, has saw the movie and dug it, well the men have in anyway.

RB 162

Lightsaber-Green S-Shield dc-superman doctor-who-dalek VoorHees-Mask batman-joker dvd-20th
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:53 pm Reply with quote

^ Pretty much the same deal with me, dude.

My folks are cool with it for the most part. Though I'm not entirely sure that they quite know the depths of my RoboCop fandom.. opps

Still, it's all good. Most all of family's women, and they ain't so much into sci-fi action films and all that, so no problems there. My dad thinks it's pretty cool though - Me and him often talk about movies, and RoboCop comes up quite a bit. He often asks me about things from RoboCop from time to time, as I can remember all of it. He likes the films, as well as Verhoeven and most of his stuff, so that's just fine. Smile

I've never asked him about RvsT, of if I did, I don't remember - I should make a note to put that one on him. I'd like to think he'd go with Robo on that one, though.

Good topic, Nika. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote

My parents have never been fans of the Robocop movies. I believe the two of them have many seen the first one a handful of times, and they don't hate it, but they don't love it either. It's just boring and whatever to them.

My older brother is a huge Robocop fan like myself. It's a shame he isn't really into posting on forums like this though, or I'd get him to join up.

My girlfriend will sit and watch the movies with me, and she can appreciate most aspects of the story and characters, as well as the violence. But she doesn't get to into it. After seeing the movie, she'll be done with it for a long time. She gets sick of me talking about it and other movies or franchises after a while, cause I tend to nerd out a lot.

Just about everyone else I know either doesn't know, or makes fun of me for liking Robocop. Not many people I know think It's very neat or cool. Makes me kind of sad. But that just makes posting on here a little better. At least I know I'm not alone.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
robodisciple
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:13 am Reply with quote

My wife and parents have always known that ive been a fan Robocop all my life. I've never really hid it especialy now at my age of 26. Ithink it sometimes annoys my wife but then again it really doesnt. She just rolls her eyes and smiles when i get into one of my geek discusions with her about Robocop :roll: Smile Its my dads fault why i am such a huge robo fan. He really isnt that big of a fan but he was the first person who showed me the first Robocop when i was like 2 so i really dont remember that then lol

RB 115

game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote

Well, my father went with me when I was a kid to watch RoboCop. I remember I went with my grandfather to see RoboCop 2 and I remember I went again with my father to RoboCop 3. In fact, I remember that we enter at the cinema late, and the first thing I saw was Lewis´ car hitting another car and flipping after a chase.

I also remember that I friend of the family rented Robo 2 on VHS and my family watched it (and they were annoyed because I saw it on the cinema and I was telling them what will go next tongue )

I think they liked the flicks...

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:31 am Reply with quote

It would be hard to hide it considering my room has RoboCop figures on the self, among my Bruce Lee, Terminator, Ghostbusters and other nerdy stuff. My friends are RoboCop so it's fine with them, my parents don't mind, my sister doesn't care for the film that much. Actually she doesn't like most of the movies I like, except for the rare exceptions.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Ponteral
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote

My father knows it, and his opinion is absolutely clear. He tells me once in a while: "Hey, You're crazy" "RoboCop? Again?" Very Happy But he means that in a good way. Two weeks ago we watched first RoboCop together and my father liked it. So maybe he changed his mind, but I'm not sure Very Happy

My friends knows that too, but they know, that I'm insane. So, that's okey... Very Happy

RB 819

auto9 dvd-20th
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 am Reply with quote

My lady knows I'm into it, and embraces it...

Besides, she's a bigger ROCKY FAN than I am a RoboFan.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote

Sean we have tattooed ourselves to prove our love...has she proven her love of Rocky with a tattoo?!?!

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard