New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop - Prime Directrives [FAN-CUT EDITION]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

David Cell
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: RoboCop-Dark Justice [Fan-Edition 2011] - http://www.mediafire.com/?058yvz6pwdj5f50

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quote

Philip17: Thank you very much for your review! Smile

I agree with you on all points, even on the ending part! I'm gonna be straightfully honest with you: I did try to cut-out that part, but after a few tries (one of them zooming into just the image-square without the credits rolling), I did feel that it needed a lil'bit more of an ending-wrap than Robo just walking to the city.

Although it would've been more RoboCop1 just to cut into the credits and finally leave it at that, I felt that there would be something missing... Smile

But that's exactly what I've tried to do:
- cut out the worst acting parts
- cut out Bone Machine
- create more dynamic action sequences
- give more emphasis on Murphy and Cable, without making them look pathetic or at least misguided
- give Cable a more badass feeling, giving the illusion he's actually doing what he sees fit, but owing Kaydick his life, so he'd help him out in return due to his own strong sense of honor and justice

And attempt to deliver something that could be Robo-worth, again... well, I guess it worked just fine! Very Happy

I like it, to be honest...now I can watch P.D. with no hard-feelings and without hating Julian Grant. He actually gave us "raw material for the machine" to be worked with... Wink

As for the series, Zentron, I think I can actually manage to deliver something in a dark tone as well...removing noncense dialog and bring a more dynamic cut into some badactings and action sequences. interlinking the stories to create a nice mashup, I think it can be actually done! Smile All I need to do is to learn how to insert blood hits and stuff like that, cuz my Robo is tired, mean and just not in the mood... Wink

By the way, I think this new version of P.D. fleshes out more interestingly the fact that Fletcher was a horrible RoboCop, by inducing that he's really old and with some parts not working well... Smile

Thank you very much for your review!

RB 422

David Cell
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: RoboCop-Dark Justice [Fan-Edition 2011] - http://www.mediafire.com/?058yvz6pwdj5f50

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:53 pm Reply with quote

Oh, and about Damian! ;D That character was truthfully buggin'me...I mean, there's so much potencial on that fella, and the original editing really just made him look pathetic, so I did my best to bring out only the badass in him... Wink

The tone of the movie is dark and there's a point you can almost feel a lil'bit despair on what's gonna happen and the mood of the movie itself, so I think P.D. is on it's full potential...no more meaningless and time-consuming unworthy sequences anymore: just the bare essentials!

I'd actually like to see this version on a movie theater, to be honest! Smile

RB 422

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote

You did a great job for what you had to work with. You cut away A LOT of the cheezy moments and tightened up the talky scenes considerably.

To be honest I found it hard to watch with a clean view, as the original product and all the crappy acting is hard to ignore, but I was pleasantly surprised and sometimes chocked on how certain scenes got improved and actually worked in this edit.

Great work! Smile

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
David Cell
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote

Thank you, Archive!! Smile

If you'd like to make it an integrant part of the Archive, please do! hehe

I'm really pleased that you've liked this version...I really worked out to the best of my abilities to make it worthwhile...but the bad acting and some horrible musical moments, well...there's nothing I can do about it...! Nonetheless, I think it's something we could send out to Mr. Grant, hm? Wink

RB 422

David Cell
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote

Just to announce that "RoboCop - A New Dawn" is underway... Wink

RB 422

David Cell
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote

I'm nearly finished with my new RoboCop - The Series mashup, that includes a mix between:
- The Future of Law Enforcement
- Prime Suspect
- Trouble in Delta City
- Ghosts of War
- Public Enemies
- Corporate Raiders
- Provision 22
- The Human Factor

and I've decided I'm renaming it to "RoboCop - The Human Factor".

It's more serious, less childish, more mature and definitively more RoboCop than the original series. A LOT. Wink

Soon I'll open a new thread with the download link for the torrent with the movie. I'm just making the final cut, correcting "glitches" I've found on the narrative, and I believe tomorrow I'll have something online for you to download.

At this moment, it's a 90-minute movie. Wink

RB 422

Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:04 am Reply with quote

Hey guys,

trying to download the new fanedit so I can lay down some more praise... unfortunately I'm having some problem with the torrent. Initially it worked fine and got up to 11.5% relatively quickly, but now it's stuck, even though uTorrent clearly sees a seeder.
Any clue as to what may be causing this?

RB 454

David Cell
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:47 am Reply with quote

Got no clue...my computer is always seeding. Hmmm, maybe try to re-download the torrent file and retry downloading again...that's the only solution I can find at the moment. Smile

Archive, can I add the RoboCop Archive logo on the end of this "RoboCop - The Human Factor" Fan-Edit? Wink

RB 422

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:00 am Reply with quote

David Cell :
Archive, can I add the RoboCop Archive logo on the end of this "RoboCop - The Human Factor" Fan-Edit? Wink

Of course! Smile

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote

Well now it seems to be working perfectly. Dunno if you've done soemthing about it, but you if you have, thanks!

RB 454

David Cell
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:15 pm Reply with quote

I've made a small add-on with the Robo-Archive logo, using a RoboCop2 idea... Wink I'm sure you'll love it!

Rendering the final version at the moment! Smile

Duke, that's maybe because your computer was able to connect to my own file! Smile

RB 422

David Cell
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:16 am Reply with quote

RoboCop - The Human Factor is finally complete! I'm going to watch it in full today to see if there's any inconsistency, and if not, I'll create the cover artwork and create the torrent file so you guys can download it! Wink

Maybe later tonight I can get you the link for the torrent!

RB 422

David Cell
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quote

So while I'm finishing the final render of "RoboCop - The Human Factor", I've decided to create a "Various Artists" would-be-soundtrack for my "Dark Justice" edit.

So I've chosen a few songs, with special attention on the lyric (each song is related to a theme, character or scene in the movie, but I won't tell which, obviously...I leave it to your own interpretation! Wink )including "I'm Not Jesus", from Apocalyptica, which I think fits like a glove on this "new-old" movie...hehe

So I took Apocalyptica's original video and music, and...well, I've made my very own version of the video using footage from the "Dark Justice" edit, and after a hour and half work, I gotta tell you...it looks like the music was made for this! Wink hehe I think it's something you'll like, specially if you've enjoyed this new RoboCop edit from P.D. .

You can access my Dark Justice folder here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?p2ie91pn8m48s

By the way, Archive! If you want, you can post this along the other RoboCop Archive videos! I can't post it on my YTube account because I've got my very own The9thCell channel, so I can't upload this track, obviously...but since this one "belongs" to the Robo-universe, I think it's ok to upload to the Archive! (it already has the logo hehe) Wink

Hope you guys enjoy this VA mix, and the new video!

More news on "The Human Factor" in a few hours!

RB 422

Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:36 pm Reply with quote

Wait, so what's this? Versions with lyrics of songs that were only instrumental in the miniseries? Or a wishlist of what you would have liked to have in Dark Justice if you could replace the music without losing voices and sound effects?

Anyway, finally got around to watch the new cut. It took me a while because I wanted to find the time to see it all in one go. That didn't happen, chiefly because my DVD player screwed up halfway through. I think this could be fixed by making two separate files (I did run into some problems burning the disc because of the file size).

Anyway, for my review... pretty much everything I said for the previous cut applies to this one as well but taken further: it's a definite improvement over the four parts miniseries, but some of the complexity behind the scheming of the villains, especially early on, ends up being lost, and some characters kind of pop out of nowhere (particularly the creator of SAINT who only shows up in the third act).

I like how you fixed Abbie's death scene so she doesn't charge the System Support grunts with a empty rifle, like a moron. That was always groanworthy in previous versions.

It is also EXTREMELY appreciated, how you cut out some more of the bull concerning SAINT. In particular the face which is now only seen once (and most importantly, not overlapped on the EMP explosion)... and along with it goes the circa 20 repeats of "Mommy wake up", reduced to about 6, I think. Good riddance.

Yet there are scenes that are removed which I did like and I don't feel that the three hours straight format works. I saw it in two times the first hour then the latter two, and the longer one still felt too long. So all things considered, I think I preferred the previous cut you made (pity for the poor video quality due to Windows Movie Maker).
But regardless of my personal preference, great job on both of them! Smile

RB 454

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Fan creations All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard