New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Post everything that you watched
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 268, 269, 270 ... 272, 273, 274  Next

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:27 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
"Batman: The Killing Joke" - well, it's better than most recent DC films, but it still sucked.
Just go watch "Mask of the Phantasm" instead.

I had a feeling this would be the case, and now that you wrote a nice little summary of what went wrong I will save myself the pain of suffering throughout. I like, but not love, the original comic. I knew they weren't going to stick to Alan Moore's original vision, as he has stated on record that the way he intended it the Joker had sex with Barbara... using the bullet wound. So I knew that wasn't gonna be in there, but it sounds like they added a bunch of bullshit, which is stupid. Part of what made the original work is that it wasn't a long and stretched out affair. it was one deluxe issue, just enough to tell the full tale but no room for filler.

As for the whole Batman sex topic, I actually thought the time when Batman and Catwoman had sex in costume in the comics made sense, given their relationship and Batman's sexuality (which is a long conversation for another day) but I can't say the same for him and Batgirl. It reminds me more of the Batman and Huntress sex scene in All-Star Batman & Robin. It was written by Frank Miller, who has done more for the Robocop franchise than just about anyone, but is highly regarded as trash from his loony, later years. There is a brief rooftop sex scene between the Huntress and Batman, punctuated by a flash of lightning and some not so obvious comments from the Huntress about how quick and unsatisfying the sex was. Compared to that, The Cat, the Bat, and 2 Robins could have an orgy and it would be less cringeworthy than that. Anyway, I have gotten a bit off topic, but the point is the less we see Batman having sex the better. And Mask of Phantasm is still the best Batman movie.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
it was one deluxe issue, just enough to tell the full tale but no room for filler.

And I think with all the posibilities movies bring, they could adapt the whole story without adding stuff. I mean, you can take your time on Jokerīs origins in the factory, make a good chase here and there, just sticking with the whole story without adding a thing. Also, animation usually doesnīt take more than 90 minutes.

RoboPimp :
It reminds me more of the Batman and Huntress sex scene in All-Star Batman & Robin

Miller tried to be so "badass" in this comic that it went way too comical. Anyway, even for the sexual aspect of the characters, making out in the streets is a bad plan. Someone could be watching. AND recording tongue

I prefer when they donīt have time and just kiss ("Batman: Hush", or the "Catwoman" run by Brubaker/Cooke), and then move to a closer space to do things. By the way, in the Brubaker run there are a short story when some crooks saw them kind of having a discussion and then being "cute" to each other tongue

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:06 pm Reply with quote

The Revenant. Leo and Tom were just awesome in it, damn good revenge movie.

CREDITS 891

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:18 am Reply with quote

RoboHell :
The Revenant. Leo and Tom were just awesome in it, damn good revenge movie.

I concur. I concur. No problems here pops!

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:53 pm Reply with quote

- Sharknado 4 - well, I fast forwarded most of it. The opening had me laughing outloud and it has a few funny moments... it's a movie you could see in 10 minutes, so you're not losing much Very Happy

- Killer Klowns from Outer Space - why is this such a cult classic? I found it to be extremely boring. I can appreciate practical effects, but there's really nothing worth seeing here. What a wasted concept.

- Ghoulies I and II. Second one is better, had a few laughs, but nothing tremendously good.

- Batman Unlimited: Mech vs Mutants - the third installment in the "Batman Unlimited" series might be the wackiest one yet. If a Robotic T-Rex wasn't enough for you, Batman now has a giant Mech to fight the bad guys with. It rips off scenes (and even some of the music) directly from "Pacific Rim" and it's super cheesy... yet, I'm not complaining, they're just combing things I love. Best Batman movie to come out this year!!

- TMNT: Out of the Shadows - just gave it a second watch. It holds up, I enjoyed it. Didn't laugh as much as I did in the theatre, but it's still a fun flick and much better than its predecessor. I wouldn't mind a sequel.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:08 am Reply with quote

Batman Vs Superman again...still fucking love it

CREDITS 891

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote

Eh, I still only like it. I want to like it more, but.. bah. I can't call it shit as some do, however. Honestly have an inkling to check the theatrical of BvS to see just how much worse it really was than the ultimate.. Not in any huge rush there, though.

Re-watched Crocodile Dundee over the weekend, great classic and all around good shit. Also last weekend got on a bit of a war flick kick with Black Hawk Down, The Bridge on the River Kwai, and Flight of the Intruder, which I followed up while I was away house/dog-sitting this weekend with Saving Private Ryan and Defiance.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:15 pm Reply with quote

Good flix's there The man.

I squeezed in an 80's classic this weekend too...the classic Spies like us. Dr., Dr., Dr., Dr.,Dr.,Dr.,Dr.

CREDITS 891

RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:14 pm Reply with quote

It's been ages since I last saw "The Bridge on the River Kwai"... I seem to remember liking it quite a bit, but not as much as "The Guns of Navarone".

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:09 am Reply with quote

Nice one, Hell-man!

RoboFan_93 :
It's been ages since I last saw "The Bridge on the River Kwai"... I seem to remember liking it quite a bit, but not as much as "The Guns of Navarone".

Same for me, hadn't seen any of it in a long time, so between that and fact it was going off Netflix, had to check it. It is good, but I'm with you in regards to The Guns Of Navarone, though.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:05 pm Reply with quote

Some spoilers.

POP!
Monster High: The Great Scarier Reef.

Awesome film!
Some are not as the dolls would make you think. Surprising.
The dolls are amazing for it. I would love to have them.
The Peri and Pearl two headed styling head is hilarious and amazing!

Peri and Pearl the hydras should be seperate being with two heads or more each. Rather than two heads, one body. But theyre still awesome.

I did wonder why Toralai was transformed when I saw the dolls. And not friends. I know why now.

So mean to poor Kraken! Very surprising and good twists.
Sad for poor Kala Meri and Kraken. But it has a happy ending for all.

On bluray.

London Has Fallen

Awesome film!

BTW

Thought you'd like to know. Theres a box set of the old RoboCop films for sale. All 3.

CREDITS 499

AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: "You gotta ask yourself one question, ED209, do you feel lucky?"

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:26 pm Reply with quote

Band Of The Hand, a 1986 action thriller produced by Michael Mann (Miami Vice) and directed by Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky from Starsky & Hutch). Very glossy, very oh-so-'80s, featuring a gang of delinquents undergoing a gruelling rehab program to become a well armed, well trained team of vigilantes who take down a drug baron in Miami. Stephen Lang is their leader and there are some great shootouts towards the end plus an oily turn from James Remar as main baddie Nestor.

CREDITS 254

alex-murphy game-xbox
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote

Just coming back from "Rogue One".

It was great! I REALLY loved it! The overall story is not too grand, quite enjoyable and there are plenty of nods here and there, some terrific scenes and overall a high-quality movie. Definitely superior to "The Force Awakens" in almost every way. Heck, I'm not even mad they retconned "Dark Forces" for this.

If you're watching "Star Wars: Rebels" - the movie feels a lot like a good 2-hour episode of the show.

CREDITS 2697

Dr. 2-1B
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:45 am Reply with quote

Just saw Manchester by the Sea. Woah. Outstanding.

CREDITS 43

RoboBadge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 268, 269, 270 ... 272, 273, 274  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard