New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Post everything that you watched
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 271, 272, 273, 274  Next

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote

Watched 1984 Dune and 2013 documentary Jodorowsky's Dune about the never made 70's adaptation.

I liked Lynch's Dune, despite having always found it very flawed, it is different from anything else and has some very good stuff mixed with not so good (it felt a bit like Robocop 2). Also, a very slow and detailed first half, followed by a more rushed second half (I checked the extended edition differences, and they were mostly extended dialogues of the existing scenes, nothing really new and the theatrical cut is already heavy on dialogue exposition).

It is that kind of flawed movie that still has a unique vibe and magnetism, not surprising it has a bit of cult following. Being released in the 80's it needed to be more commercial and entertaining, it was the time of Star Wars and Indiana Jones after all, it lacks some sense of adventure and fun, it is too dramatic/tragic to succeed at that time. The war action bits are also really poorly directed.

The Jodorowsky's documentary is really interesting, but I understand how the project was too ambitious and lacked focus, also the documentary is fascinated by all the concept art and aesthetics (which was ahead of its time, since it was before Star Wars), but there is little discussion of the actual story.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:58 am Reply with quote

Jodorowsky's Dune is a very interesting commentary about what's probably the greatest film never made. The designs, the cast choices, everything! I love that the design of the Padishah Emperor ended up as Skeletor's armor in Masters of the Universe.

As for the 1984 film - it has it's strong sides, but I feel like they spent way too much time on the early part of the book and once the Fremen get invovled it's a rushed mess. It might've been better for it to be the other way around. I seem to remember the 2000 miniseries being very good, along with Children of Dune, but I haven't seen them in a long time.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:52 pm Reply with quote

Got together with my best buddy last night to check out the "Castlevania" series on Netflix. "Castlevania" is really special to us, we've had a lot of bonding over the series and so we got a pizza and some drinks and were ready to have a good time.

We didn't.

What is the Castlevania show? A miserable little pile of bad writing...

I thought the first episode was pretty good overall, but everything went downhill from there. I can't stand Trevor, the script is utterly weak, the voice acting - uninspired and the music - boring. You're making "Castlevania", a series famous for its great music as much as for everything else and you put such an unmemorable score?!

Why dedicate time to story development when you can put a 2-minute talk about f***ing a goat? Why get some character development when you can put in the same speech about who the Belmonts were 3 times in the same episode or have the characters fall through the floor 3 times in a row?

Yeah, thanks, I'll stick to the Hugh Jackman "Van Helsing" movie. That one at least FEELS like "Castlevania".

The things I liked (minor spoilers)
- First episode and the Intro
- The Cyclops battle (nice that they put an actual boss from Castlevania III in there)
- The duel with Alucard

For now, with these 4 episodes, the show feels like a proof of concept. They know they want to do it, they know the style, but they barely have anything in terms of story. I am gonna give season 2 a chance, but if I don't see signs of improvement, I'm probably not going to stick with it. That time would be better spent replaying one of the games.

Also, something I didn't mention before, but just like a lot of the dialogue, the gore was really tasteless and being gory for the sake of gore. For "Dredd" - it worked, it's in the source material. For this and for the dogshit fan-made "Power/Rangers" movie - it didn't. There is a huge difference between horror and gore, which they seem to not understand. Castlevania is about being gothic and wrapped in classical horror tropes. Not for having some guy's eyeball being whipped out or for having a baby being eaten alive.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:03 am Reply with quote

I had a little Indiana Jones Marathon this weekend! All the way to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (which I really enjoy!). It was great to see Indy out there doing what he does best: archaeology!
JOF

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:08 am Reply with quote

Y'all seen that Twin Peaks season 3? Whoof.

Also, the new Spider-Man was good, not great. Maybe a step in the right direction, but not a game changer. Better than the Netflix Defender's series, though. There were some good moments, but got dull and repetitive, which is super disappointing for a series of only 10 episodes that was announced and built up to for years.

Other than that, just a buttload of Star Trek.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:44 am Reply with quote

I love comic book character movies, good or bad, just for the exposure of the characters for mass audiences (deep down I am hoping that this will create a comic book renaissance). However, there is a lot of tv out there that has connections to the universe and I haven't seen much of it. I like Luke Cage and the Flash. Arrow is good too, but I haven't had time to watch the other ones. I also heard too that some were not so good. Any recommendations?

I am also excited for the Justice League movie and the new Thor film.

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:31 am Reply with quote

I couldn't get through "Arrow" or "Supergirl". Tried twice, stopped them both. Same thing with "Gotham"
"The Flash" I used to enjoy a lot, but it is really going downhill too. Season 3 was bad, Season 4 so far is even worse. I really don't want to quit it, but it's just boring now.

Anyway, had a day off yesterday so I got myself a pizza and binge-watched season 2 of "Stranger Things". Really enjoyable and about on-par with season 1. I wasn't thinking of seeing it all in one go, but they really caught my interest.

CREDITS 2697

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:12 pm Reply with quote

I see you guys mentioned Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl but not Legends of Tomorrow. I highly recommend it, to me it is by far the best of those shows. The team dynamic keeps it from becoming too focused on any one character arc and there is a time travel element at the core where they basically are in a different time period every episode, giving it much need variety and excitement that the other shows lack.

I always say that my favorite episode of Arrow is actually an episode of Legends of Tomorrow, which shows a future version of things where Arrow is much more badass. It crosses over with those shows, and the crossover of all 4 was great, but on it's own Legends of Tomorrow is the only one I truly recommend. Flash and Supergirl were hit or miss and Arrow just can't help but be really boring. Even in the 4 part crossover, the Arrow episode was a a slow drama that was basically irrelevant.

As far as the Marvel shows, I feel like Daredevil season 2 was great and everything else was kinda underwhelming. They get stuck in the same boring drama loops, when sometimes all we wanna do is see them put on a fucking costume and kick some ass! Punisher is right around the corner though...

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote

"Legends" I also couldn't get into and I really tried. Atom and Captain Cold were the only thing I actually liked. Again, couldn't even get through the first season.

I'm interested in going back to the 1990s Flash show. Haven't seen it since I was a kid, with only an occasional watch of the three VHS "movies" since then. I seem to remember it being pretty cool.

CREDITS 2697

AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:20 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
"Legends" I also couldn't get into and I really tried. Atom and Captain Cold were the only thing I actually liked. Again, couldn't even get through the first season.

I'm interested in going back to the 1990s Flash show. Haven't seen it since I was a kid, with only an occasional watch of the three VHS "movies" since then. I seem to remember it being pretty cool.

how can you not like black canary?
Shocked Embarassed

CREDITS 127

RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:41 am Reply with quote

She's not even BLACK Canary in that show. As a character - she's annoying and I'm not watching a show for boobs alone. Heck, I don't even think she's as hot as people make her out to be.

CREDITS 2697

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:11 pm Reply with quote

War of the planet of the apes
Worst of the reboot franchise, such a shame, the first one was good, second one flawed but still interesting, this third one is too similar to the second one, but worse. It has a final battle that seems written by a 12 year old.

Olympus has fallen
It is sad to see the action genre hit rock bottom this hard. It seems there is not any interest to make half grounded kind-of-believable action films, this movie is so stupid in its action scenes: a huge plane firing with gaitling guns at the pedestrians of Washington DC. All white house personnel going out and getting literally killed at the door by the terrorists... leaving the white house empty! And despite its ridiculous action, the tone is deaf serious, not even funny. Die Hard feels like Shakespeare compared to this movie.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:26 pm Reply with quote

I was actually very pleasantly surprised by "War of the POTA". I think all three were pretty great. In fact, POTA is one of the few film franchises that's yet to be ruined (while there are some weaker films, there isn't one that's just plain bad in my opinion).

CREDITS 2697

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
Olympus has fallen
It is sad to see the action genre hit rock bottom this hard. It seems there is not any interest to make half grounded kind-of-believable action films, this movie is so stupid in its action scenes: a huge plane firing with gaitling guns at the pedestrians of Washington DC. All white house personnel going out and getting literally killed at the door by the terrorists... leaving the white house empty! And despite its ridiculous action, the tone is deaf serious, not even funny. Die Hard feels like Shakespeare compared to this movie.

Yeah I feel the same way. Action flicks deflated about a good decade ago and really haven't changed much. Bah. At least Olympus had actors I like, though.

Anyway, if you think that's bad, woe betide you if you ever see 'White House Down'. tongue

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 271, 272, 273, 274  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard