New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Would Murphy as Robo swear?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Robowreck
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: You've violated Directive 4!! Time for the Robo shutdown dance!!

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote

murphy had a real opportunity to swear a bit in R1 when he was on his back just before his death, boddy asked him.. You probably dont think i'm a very nice guy, do ya?

Boddy, I think you're slime....

right there, he coulda said something foul mouthed, but pretty tame, then he got nailed, while being shot im sure he wanted to cuss his brains out just before they got shot out tho....

poor murphy, you are a cybernetic saint =)

RB 402

Swedish Robot
C-L2

C-L2

Comment: Formerly Draliseth

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quote

Robowreck :
murphy had a real opportunity to swear a bit in R1 when he was on his back just before his death, boddy asked him.. You probably dont think i'm a very nice guy, do ya?

right there, he coulda said something foul mouthed, but pretty tame, then he got nailed, while being shot im sure he wanted to cuss his brains out just before they got shot out tho....

Read moar harder.

SWEDISH ROBOT INDUSTRIES

RB 320

robomark
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote

if MURPHY was ever going to swear then maybe it would have been when he and Lewis was 'denied' back-up after the van chase and he losses his temper a bit and throws the phone through the window.

RB 11152

knightrider-kitt gremlins-gizmo RoboBadge Superman-Chris Reeve
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:30 pm Reply with quote

robomark :
if MURPHY was ever going to swear then maybe it would have been when he and Lewis was 'denied' back-up after the van chase and he losses his temper a bit and throws the phone through the window.

I agree, that would have been a good spot if any.

( Of course instead of a nasty F-bomb he just says: "oh man..." )

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
robomark
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:42 pm Reply with quote

that's what i thought, anyone that swore would have thrown out a FFS at the point.

RB 11152

knightrider-kitt gremlins-gizmo RoboBadge Superman-Chris Reeve
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quote

Don't think Alex Murphy was much of a swear artist before he was killed so no I think Robo won't either.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
thechief01
O-L3

O-L3

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quote

I agree with robowreck. I think the fact that he wont swear makes him an even better character and why you like him so much, the good guy that falls foul of the bad guys. Robocop represents everything good, swearing would ruin him I think anyway

RB 283

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote

Well, he was shot to death and not once did he shout 'fuck' or 'shit' to convey his pain, he just screamed. I'm pretty sure if he was a natural potty mouth he would have said something vulgar whilst being killed!

RB 17167

Neoranger
R-L5

R-L5

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quote

^ Not necessarily. I have a hell of a potty-mouth and I'm pretty sure I couldn't bring myself to utter a single curse-word, after my day had started with my hand having been blown off.

Excruciating pain trumps potty mouth.

Not that I know if Murphy would curse under other circumstances. It's beside the point too. I can't see RoboCop swearing. He talks very little and his speech pattern is kind of proper and technical. I can't imagine him adding swear words to that.

Plus, it gives him style. "I can blow your head off with a single punch, but I don't even have to talk to you." And it's kind of the whole good cop mentality that's ironically displayed in him; no swearing kids!

RB 101

Philip17
And the Masters of the Universe

L-L2

Comment: Its a good day to die!

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote

Robowreck :

When he said that, I am sure he was thinking, "I'm f*cked" and probably he anser to bodicker to try to buy time for Lewis to rescue him.

When he gets his hand blow away, of course he couldnīt talk, the pain is to mutch, usualy when we are in a lot of pain, we can only scream, or sometimes we canīt even talk when in pain, it is horrible.....

I just donīt know how he was stil alive after being blow to hell with all those shotguns shots, even Clearance had put a bullet in his brain.

But as robo he doesnīt need to swear, he as style cause he doesnīt need to talk to blow an entire drug factory. Besides that fact enhance his good character Very Happy

When duty calls; you pay the price!
Join today!

RB 537

sgt-reed Masters-Skeletor Masters-Sword SW-Imperial
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quote

Dynamite sure thinks he would. I got a couple more issues and Murphy is cussing up a storm. Don't know that I fully agree or disagree with it. The "RoboBitches" or whatever is said like that, is over the top Sylvester Stallone style. The rest of his cussing... Meh.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Snoopy
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 pm Reply with quote

I don't know if this matters or not,but in the adaption and the script,I could be wrong he said the B word and the F word.

RB 297

Robo79
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: Murphy, transferring in from Metro South.

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:27 am Reply with quote

It's interesting to note that Peter Weller has sworn in some of his other movies, but then again, he didn't have to play a robot in them. Wink

He said quite a few f-words in Shakedown (aka Blue Jean Cop) and also swore in Leviathan. I think he even let out some naughty words in Naked Lunch.

RB 110

Rambo-Knife game-xbox
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote

I agree with the various people that have said he wouldn't. Whether it be that he is still able to, but chooses not to. Or he simply doesn't have the capacity or urge to do it at all, I just think he wouldn't under and circumstances. Even when he was still alive and human, he really didn't strike me as someone who would curse very often if not at all. So once he becomes Robocop, while It's true he is still some what human and retains elements of his former self. I think that just solidifies that he wouldn't.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard