New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop Dynamite, issue #6 now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 am Reply with quote

So yeah, that issue was rubbish.

RoboCop shows up on 7 pages out of 22 and doesn't fire a single bullet against the new ED and has nothing to do with it's defeat.

Looks like Dynamite will continue the trend of keeping robo as a side character in his own comic.

yawn...

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote

Well, another Robo-hope that went in the shitter. Damn.

I don't even ask for great, or even good anymore, I just ask for it to not suck balls. Guess that's aiming too high too. Sad

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
So yeah, that issue was rubbish.

RoboCop shows up on 7 pages out of 22 and doesn't fire a single bullet against the new ED and has nothing to do with it's defeat.

Looks like Dynamite will continue the trend of keeping robo as a side character in his own comic.

yawn...

I read through this at my comic shop (i'm not paying good money for this shit) and yeah, Robo doesn't do anything in this issue, or hell any issue really.

They should just title this shit series "Ms. Odenkirk and the Enforcement Droids", with cameo appearances by RoboCop.

Dynamite comics is complete ass.

RB 495

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quote

i just dont understand,

theres so much unexplored material of robocop perfect for comics.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:39 pm Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
i just dont understand,

theres so much unexplored material of robocop perfect for comics.

Yeah, but not in head of the writer there from Dynamite ! I bet , the Robocop fans or guys from this board would create better comics with more interesting and better story for Robocop than this from Dynamite .

Yesterday I finally got the issue 6 . Before I read your latest post about this . so I was prepared for anything, but not for such disappointment . The cover was promising at least a big crazy fight of Robo vs the huge ED , but damn nothing !

In entire this serie I was waiting something , something from the old good Robocop era , something with the R1 feeling, but there was almost nothing , well except the Eds . Oh yeah but the Ed was also in R3 :roll:. Thats a Robocop comics but Robocop is there really side character.. damn so who is there the main hero ? huh what

The issue 5 was probably the best ..how stupid , Lewis died there but at least the part had a quick action and you were really curious what will be on the last page .

All my hopes are totally broken for now. Damn why the Robocop has such bad luck for bad stories last time ?! huh what

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote

I feel it is the case of a writer who'd rather do his own stories and characters that have been forced by "dynamite comics" to work on this property.

He is basically getting rid of as many existing classic characters as possible, and doing his best to avoid RoboCop in the process.

They do their best to market and promote the series with big and bold covers of Robo with a minigun, destroying ED-209's etc and nothing of that is in the actual comic. It's confusing and disappointing, and it might bite them in the ass saleswise.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:18 am Reply with quote

Archive :
I feel it is the case of a writer who'd rather do his own stories and characters that have been forced by "dynamite comics" to work on this property.

He is basically getting rid of as many existing classic characters as possible, and doing his best to avoid RoboCop in the process.

They do their best to market and promote the series with big and bold covers of Robo with a minigun, destroying ED-209's etc and nothing of that is in the actual comic. It's confusing and disappointing, and it might bite them in the ass saleswise.

Boss, I think you hit the nail on the head with that one.

I do get the vibe that really this series is about this writer's characters, such as Odenkirk, and the Robo and the rest are really there because he is forced to write them in ever so often.

Odenkirk is really just a rip off of Dr.Love from Avatar's book, only given an OCP exec job and less skimpy dresses to wear. Now so far she is not into mind fucks and torturing Robo like Dr. Love did, but as the series continues, I can see her getting more into that. That is if the writer gives a shit to include RoboCop in any significant way to the series.

Also, what the hell happened to the Old Man? The last of issue 4 he pulled an "I'll get you next time Gadget, Next Time!" moment with Murphy, then he hasn't been seen or spoken of again. Odenkirk doesn't even look in on him or mention him now.

Here's another thing, how did they get those giant Ed's to Canada in time to have them stop the renegade Ed?

I don't see how they could have delivered them in time, nor do I think the things out ran the other one.

RB 495

chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:55 am Reply with quote

Now the Marvel Robocops don't look so stupid now huh?

I'll take a tv headed villain or giant robot dinosaurs over this crap. Glad I never dropped money or pirated the thing (not that I pirate stuff anyways) But everyone screws up Robo whoever gets a hold of him after prt 2

RB 856

game-xbox
Selma
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: Stay human

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote

Is issue 7 out or not? They take a very long time.
Or is the series cancled?

RB 199

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:20 pm Reply with quote

There have been no info or previews of Issue 7 at all which is strange.

RB 348711

Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Selma :
Is issue 7 out or not? They take a very long time.
Or is the series cancled?

I'd say Dynamite has dropped the ball worse than anyone that has had this property.

If "Ms. Odenkirk and the Enforcement Droids" is cancelled, so be it.

RB 495

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quote

I just can't believe how quickly this whole project went south. It only started this year, and started pretty great. They did some silly stuff pretty early but it was relatively minor, and not really indicative of such a big, sudden drop in quality like what happened. I was worried about story problems when it started but didn't honestly think it'd get this bad this quick. But it did - Next thing you know there's all this bullshit -Dead Lewis, unexplained Old Man, the craziness that is 309 and that super-bitch.. Bah. The art remains decent, but having it does nothing; it's just a waste.

Overall, it's just sad. And I know full well it doesn't have to be, that they can do better. Like Jose said, I just don't understand.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:49 am Reply with quote

I'm glad I didn't buy any of these issues, i looked through the first couple at a comic shop, but didn't see any inspiring signs. It's unfortunate that Dynamite can't craft a good Robo tale, even when it's been proven successful (from a fan's standpoint at lease) in the past. I liked what Dynamite did with Army of Darkness, do this is a major upset.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
yodazone
R-L5

R-L5

Comment: "I'm cashing...you...out...Bob"

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:46 pm Reply with quote

Maybe the lack of new Robo books has to do with the sales of current run:

Robocop 1 - $3.50 Dynamic 8,520
Robocop 2 - $3.50 Dynamic 5,868
Robocop 3 - $3.50 Dynamic 5,247
Robocop 4 - $3.50 Dynamite 4,585
Robocop 5 - $3.50 Dynamite 4,368
Robocop 6 - $3.50 Dynamite 4,874

http://www.comichron.com/

They should re-introduce Robocop again with one of their promotional $.25 zero issues or something to get the awareness out there. Like they did with the Red Sonja books.

I think these low print runs make them the rarest Robo comics out there....

RB 729

metroid-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard