New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

All RoboCop cameos and cultural references
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop is referenced within the first 10 minutes of Grand Theft Auto 5.

Anybody else notice?

RB 10024

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
god84
R-L5

R-L5

Comment: THE HandsomeDevil.

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:05 am Reply with quote

Do u know what, i thought i had noticed something regarding Robo, but now since i have completed it i cant remember!!

RB 375

auto9
Yadre
O-L1*

O-L1*

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote

in my country, the police HQ is soon gling to spend tons of money on a computer system, which is related to customer service, security and such. guess what the name of the system is? yep, that is right: Robocop . ( I translated the name into English, which wasn't very difficult Very Happy

RB 124

razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Burnout :
Check out Michigan!

Glad to see great representations but I'm proud that Tommy Boy represents my home state of Ohio.

RB 283

toaster baby-food game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote

Check out this video at about 2:04, little Conan skit featuring our hero in a pretty cool piece -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMpqH-7gieM

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:05 am Reply with quote

God damn I love Conan. He got fucked out of the tonight show. Best late night show, best writers, best bits. Great find Sheep fucker!

RB 10024

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:52 am Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
God damn I love Conan. He got fucked out of the tonight show. Best late night show, best writers, best bits. Great find Sheep fucker!

Thanks, and I'm with ya, Conan is awesome. I also agree with ya, hell I could go on quite a bit about that ordeal myself.. To keep it short though, sucks what happened to him but ultimately gettin' screwed over seems to have worked out for the best for O'Brien, and I'm glad of that.

Back on point, I'm also glad RoboCop was still considered a 'badass' on there. That gives me hope. Smile

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote

Borderlands 2 comes to mind.

It involves the little robot known as Claptrap

He can't navigate stairs and it becomes a running joke.

Also, The Wolverine has a scene that would make Clarence smirk because of Wolverine's dialogue in one scene.

RB 283

Term180
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: "My Neo Kobe Pizza! It sank... just like the rest of this city's gonna!"

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:11 am Reply with quote

Saints Row IV, under the style options for the SMG, the Robocop gun is there as "Cyborg Pistol".

There are also a dozen other references to be found in that game's weaponry, including Aliens (Burst Rifle), Minecraft (Block Gun) and the original Star Trek (Red Shirt Special)

RB 102

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote

I've long loved to see a shooting game where the guns consist of famous movie weapons, both real stuff and mockups, something like a game version of Last Action Hero or something.. man that would be rad..

Ahem, back to topic, you do indeed see the Auto-9 pop up here and there. It reincarnated as the 'MagSec 4' was one of the many awesome things that made Perfect Dark wonderful. in fact a few of the guns in that game were based off of movie weapons, the Auto-9/MagSec being just one of them.

RB 52679

razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:06 am Reply with quote

Kind of obvious one but I'm going to mention it.

In the current Power Rangers series (Mega Force) they have a 6th Ranger named Robo Knight.

The voice actor is trying to sound like Peter Weller but he's got nothing on Murphy.

Anyway, here's the pic of Knight and the team so make your own conclusion (Pink Ranger got nice legs)

RB 283

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:34 pm Reply with quote

RoboKnight's voice is a bit more robotic than Murphy's, but seeing him moving, he does seem to be a bit RoboCop inspired.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:25 am Reply with quote

Season 4 episode 5 of It's always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Mack and Charlie fake their own deaths. They leave behind a will that states that their friends have to "Name their firstborn children Murphy, because that was RoboCops name."

I love that show. Even more now.

RB 10024

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:45 am Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
Season 4 episode 5 of It's always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Mack and Charlie fake their own deaths. They leave behind a will that states that their friends have to "Name their firstborn children Murphy, because that was RoboCops name."

I love that show. Even more now.

Great episode, look up Scrubs sometime, there's one scene where the black guy walks up to the lunch table and says Bitches Leave, the women at the table can't believe their ears, then Zack Bragg yells RoboCop with great excitment.

Listened to Geek Time on Howard 100 today and in the intro we hear Your move creep.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard