New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

All RoboCop cameos and cultural references
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote

I would feel an idiot if I'm the only robofan who had never seen Babylon AD "Kid Goes Wild" video clip until today. How could it pass under my radar for more than 20 years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REpbdvsU4To

Looks like Weller?

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote

It does look a lot like Weller but it's not. Unless he totally forgot how to move in the suit. Haha!
Interesting side note: My aunt worked for Arista Records back in the day and they were promoting 'The Kid Goes Wild' along with R2 so Orion sent them one of the hero suits from the movie and her boss wore it at malls and such where they were selling the album. She watched them put it on him and she said he looked a lot like Weller with it on. So it may be that guy in the video, I don't know. She brought be a bunch of R2 loot also, those chrome looking badge stickers with Robo's head on it and a VHS copy of the 'Kid Goes Wild' video. I lost it years ago but recently got a sealed copy of it off eBay. I win.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
CoboRop
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: No comment..

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Im sure its already been mentioned somewhere in the last 16 pages but one that springs to mind missing off the first post is RoboCop Versus The Terminator (1993/94) by Virgin Games.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5a/Robocop_versus_Terminator_cover.jpg

RB 16

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote

I'd say that video looked very similar to the 'You Could Be Mine' music video featuring Guns And Roses to promote Terminator 2. Although this video dates that song and movie by just one year...but yeah I think the song seemed average at best.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote

CoboRop :
Im sure its already been mentioned somewhere in the last 16 pages but one that springs to mind missing off the first post is RoboCop Versus The Terminator (1993/94) by Virgin Games.

Its not really a cameo or reference since it has RoboCop in the title and you play as RoboCop the entire game. Smile

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
I'd say that video looked very similar to the 'You Could Be Mine' music video featuring Guns And Roses to promote Terminator 2. Although this video dates that song and movie by just one year...but yeah I think the song seemed average at best.

I love it, it has an edge, and I really like the guitar sound and the riff

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote

Not exactly a 'RoboCop' reference but criminally close here I think..

I'm about to watch Criminal Minds, and a re-run of the reboot Hawaii Five-O show is on, which has Peter Weller as the bad guy, In this case a badass ex-Marine scout sniper serial shooter.. He just now taunted the cops over the phone.. man that voice plus being a bad guy.. awesome!

They also just had a chase sequence with him in a about 10-15 year old Cobra Mustang (last one before the 'retro' restyling) and the cops in their Camaro. At the end the two split into driving parallel around an obstruction with each other, which ended with Weller launching off into the water.. It was very reminiscent of the ending chase with Lewis and Boddicker in R1.. so much that I wonder if it was an intentional nod in some way..

Weller survived plunging into the water. But at the end he unfortunately he got shot off a building. Needless to say I didn't like the show that much. tongue

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I love this show and this sketch is really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0d28OSZ3DM

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:29 am Reply with quote

I love the Howard Stern show still. It is so good. Here in this link. If you go to around the 3 hour and 3 minute mark they start talking about the new RoboCop. Keep in mind howard was always a big supporter and fan of the original robocop and peter weller was on the show once too. He'll talk about it again after he watches it. I can't wait to hear then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6QvSl7Bqdw

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Demise. Howard is an American hero and his love of RoboCop makes me love him all the more.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:31 pm Reply with quote

Thought you might like that. As you see, most of his entire show is on youtube the day after it airs. Very Happy

RB 9924

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote

BBC Americurrrr keeps advertising a new show of theirs the real history of science fiction and there are some movie titles shooting across the screen and RoboCop is one of them. I think these episodes have aired now but I haven't watched them yet to tell you if there is more Robo or not. I'm thinking there may be something in there.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/real-history-of-science-fiction/videos/presenting-the-real-history-of-science-fiction/

RB 9924

JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote

Game called Broforce is out now on early access.

You get characters based on action movies. Robo is in it. Smile

Under the name Brobocop.

http://broforce.wikia.com/wiki/Brobocop

RB 710

cake
Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote

There are 2 large ones in the awesome facebook game, Mutants: Genetic Gladiaters.

The Enforcer

The Enforcer is a big RoboCop reference.

" This cyborg supercop was retired from active service in the Earthopolis Security force. But in the arena, the fans enjoy its zero tolerance, expeditious judgments and fatal sentencing! "

The basic and bronze look very like Robocop, the silver is original, and the gold looks very like Ironman. The Super Hero Enforcer looks like Superman in a Ironman suit.

http://mutantsgeneticgladiators.wikia.com/wiki/Enforcer

The Goliath

A big bipedal robot that looks like a ED209 or metal gear.

http://mutantsgeneticgladiators.wikia.com/wiki/Goliath

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

There is a big reference in DE: HR

There is this large easter egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K3BmrDmMTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWL0Tfaqvq0

Look on his computer after knocking them both out or killing them, also.
The email references the old cinema films.

It's also prophetic, since his rank is Detective Alex Murphy, which is the rank of the new one.

There is also a reference in the detroit LIMB clinic, in a email about Adam Jenson.

The entire game is a reference.

You would not believe how hard it is to find a good video of that easter egg. It's easy to find, but most think it's some secret you've to sneak up on, or some other rubbish.
When sneaking up does the opposite. Even when Adams allowed there, too many times popping up behind them will turn them both hostile.

Power Rangers Megaforce

RoboKnight

He is a odd one. He's a robot. But he is REALLY like Robocop.
Down to the voice, walk. Story in a way.

When I first saw him, I was a bit baffled.
I spent the entire time thinking, 'He is REALLY like Robocop.'
'But he's a robot, why would you make a robot a reference to RoboCop, a cyborg.'

He's like a mix of robocop and a eco robot from anime.
Mostly robocop.

I like him, I hope he's in the next series, once it comes to channel 5.

RB 188

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard