New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop statue reaches funding goal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:56 am Reply with quote

My buddy took a picture of a life size Batman Statue while he was in London. Can't remember why it was there, but I've seen the pictures. Something about parliament and justice.

And if anything, the people of Detroit should be concentrating on how much a single citizen of the Motor City was so dedicated to Justice and Law & Order that even when he was killed due to corporate red tape and budget constraints, that's what he clung to. His duty to the people of crime ridden Detroit.

"Oh no, R1 had a bunch of crime, cursing, and some graffiti here and there. Such a bad message about our city!"

Robo was a shining beacon of strength against all odds, dedication where there is no hope, and an perseverance when the future is sitting on your neck.

Again, I think this comes down to simply the name. People still can't get over it. I constantly run into people (and coworkers) that love watching The Terminator but when ever I mention Robo they roll their eyes and say "Man, I haven't seen that one since I was a kid. What an action figure!". Which of course pisses me off. There is a distinct demographic of the 20 something generation who haven't seen R1 in years and as a result, all three of the films are melded together as one memory. That being that at first it was awesome (from a child's viewpoint) but devolved into a toy commercial.

I think the world would do itself a service if they all sat down, shut the fuck up, and watched RoboCop at least one last time before they decided to completely forget about it.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote

A-Fucking-Men!

Meanwhile, I'm sitting like a damn child with ADHD waiting for the Statue to actually be unvielled. You know my ass is taking a roadtrip to go see that when it's done.

If ever a bunch of us from the Archive were to meet in one place, THIS is the perfect excuss for that to happen.

Go to the unvielling, go grab a bite to eat, then go watch RoboCop, get laid, and go home! That sounds like a day I'd gladly relive over and over again (like Groundhog Day).

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quote

Deus :
"Oh no, R1 had a bunch of crime, cursing, and some graffiti here and there. Such a bad message about our city!"

Damn with those who still had a problem with the statue. Good point there Deus. The Robocop and his statue is taken as staue of good hero who always protect the innocent and citizens of the town and is almost every time he is out there fighting with the crime! Uh Fuck with them, why they dont see this ? but care about the "background" in the film. And if we take it as a symbolism then Robocop presents for film and story of course the JUSTICE and hope and not just for the story but justice and hope in general and I could go on .

If so, so then we take a look at Napoleon or Stalin for example. In counties where they ruled, are statues of them almost everywhere oh and bigger than just life size. Yeah almost for everybody or at least for many people are they national heroes but not too many folks too care about the background and how many people had to die for them for ideas of them during them rule and how the life and situation was hard in those times. Oh and there could be more expamples. (well, this are men who really existed but the principle is the same )

To see somewhere statue of a hero althought just a film hero is always nice and bring there the feeling of quietness and justice and hope, hope that the eveil was defeated. So bring to the Robocop statue maybe a Ford car and maybe then many of them will not be bark so much around :roll:

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:34 pm Reply with quote

I would most likely make a pilgrimage to the statue if it gets done. But if sean tries to get laid from me, he better pull out. Laughing

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Nika Silwerra

OCP5 - L3

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote

Sean :
If ever a bunch of us from the Archive were to meet in one place, THIS is the perfect excuss for that to happen.

Oh yeah and somewhere in shade of the statue to eat a babyfood ?! Yeah I take it ! Laughing I never visited USA but maybe one day I will spaking something like .. " Oh yeah, I have visited USA, ehm the Detroit concretely" and what did you do there Nika? " Ah nothing, nothing just visited a Robocop statue in Detroit and was eating babyfood to his honour. Very Happy

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote

Roboroad trip to Old Detroit.....count me in....and Sean can double team me and Demise while Deus films.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:56 am Reply with quote

Double team???

Um, I hope that means buying 2 rounds at the local Pub!!!

1 drink for each hand!

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 pm Reply with quote

I agree , as many of us as possible should go to the unveiling of this thing. It must be done,

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Dash
CH-L3

CH-L3

Comment: Whuddup, RIBS?!

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quote

Am I the only one worried that someone will try to vandalize this thing after it's up? Sad

RB 1863

Halo3-Helmet batman-Batmobile
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote

they are only allowed to spray kick me on the back

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Dash
CH-L3

CH-L3

Comment: Whuddup, RIBS?!

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:30 pm Reply with quote

Exactly! I tried finding a screencap, but I had other shit to do. tongue

RB 1863

Halo3-Helmet batman-Batmobile
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote

I will have two reasons to visit Detroit city:
_the unveiling of Robocop statue
_the Dodge viper factory

MADE IN AMERICA ^_^

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
TechnoCop
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote

If there will be a statue for RoboCop, then why a remake?

Everybody wants to see the comeback of RoboCop on screen and not in a different armor.

A remake is an insult in this case! That's all!

RB 652

Nika Silwerra

OCP5 - L3

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote

I just found this. Dont know if this is for this thread or better for a new one, anyway... yeah GO ROBO !

Detroit wants Robocop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6QWGnfjDhg

RB 4066

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard