New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop statue reaches funding goal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:17 am Reply with quote

The project is on cruising speed. Funding have been collected right now.
Little update: it looks like the statue is going to be installed on Wayne State University’s TechTown campus!!! Thank you, TechTown! A perfect and fitting location amongst innovation and learning in the heart of Detroit. Very Happy

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:47 am Reply with quote

Being that I've never been to Detroit and live nowhere near it, I can't really see myself donating any money to the cause at this point in time. But I have a feeling it would happen sooner than later, and why not? I would be pretty stoked to have that in my city.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote

Thought this was worth a mention. Apparently, the release date for the statue has been pushed back for Spring 2012.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110807/ENT01/108070347/RoboCop-statue-won-t-revealed-until-2012

Quote:
"Detroiters waiting for RoboCop will have to wait a bit longer.

The bronze statue of the fictional crime fighter -- funded through a successful Kickstarter campaign -- won't be revealed at its Detroit home this year, says the project's coordinator, Brandon Walley.

The team behind the project is hoping for a spring 2012 reveal, says Walley, director of development at Imagination Station, a nonprofit in Corktown.

"We're making sure it's done right and it's epic and as perfect as possible," he says. "We're not rushing on it, but it's been a slow and steady process."

More than $67,000 was raised in March for the statue.

Once a 7-foot model of the statue is built out of foam by San Francisco-based robot guru Fred Barton, a mold will be cast here and the statue will be bronzed, Walley says. The final statue will be 8 feet tall and stand on a 3- or 4-foot pedestal."

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote

actually,2012 is kinda better/ more fitting,being the 25th anniversary of the first film...

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote

I dont know if we know, somethimg new with the statue.

http://detroit.curbed.com/tags/robo-update-o-rama

Quote:
No word yet on what the final location will be, but here's a mini reveal for Detroit's still-coming-whether-you-like-it-or-not RoboCop statue. The project began when Mayor Bing responded to a tweet saying the city would not fund such a statue and a local crew started a Kickstarter page to do it. Though the project raised the $67,436 needed to build it last March, they had to wait for MGM to send along the official model. These images come to us via Jerry Paffendorf (one of the dudes from the Detroit Needs RoboCop crew) who explains that this is an image from the 3D scan shop that is digitizing and scaling up the molds for the statue. The final masterpiece will be bronze and, as you can see, will have a nice, toned butt that seems to have never seen a paczki.

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote

Hmm.

Official models.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote

CAIN MKII :
The project is on cruising speed. Funding have been collected right now.
Little update: it looks like the statue is going to be installed on Wayne State University’s TechTown campus!!! Thank you, TechTown! A perfect and fitting location amongst innovation and learning in the heart of Detroit. Very Happy

This is how long it's going to take me to drive it

16 hrs 2 mins / 1013.05 miles

Or I can fly for 267 bucks.....think I will fly. Is anyone else planning on going?

Found this interview with Weller, man that guy is really intelligent.

I still think he looks like he could play Clarence; with that deep majestic voice it would be perfect!

“You burned the fucking money! Hold my cigar while I throw Bobby out of the van!!”

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/09/27/peter-weller-brand-walley-discuss-the-robocop-statue/

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Once they get closer too an official date..I'm planning on going..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: I am RoboAnt!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120404/METRO/204040383/RoboCop-coming-Detroit-s-just-matter-when from http://laughingsquid.com/detroits-robocop-statue-is-on-the-way/ from http://geeks.thedailywh.at/2012/04/05/geek-news-robocop-statue-update-of-the-day/

RB 2616

cake
beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:58 pm Reply with quote

it´s the same as Bartons bust.

RB 5831

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote

So what's the deal here?
$70,000 was raised to make this happen. The last thing we heard was back in March, and that was a 3d scan of stuff we know already existed. No news whatsoever?

Beer, get on this one...

I'm starting to think that Fred Barton is burying this. With all the hub-bub of the remake going around, it seems that people have forgotten about it.

I had planned to go to the unveiling sometime THIS yEAR, AND NOTHING.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
hotrodled
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote

Dont know if you guys saw this yet so i posted it anyway. Pretty funny video of Peter Weller on the Robocop Statue.

http://www.michiganradio.org/post/your-move-creep-robocop-statue-will-rise-detroit

RB 128

game-xbox Scratch Card hamburger
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote

Yeah great, but old video. Released in Feb 2011. Smile You can read our reactions to it here:
http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2387

Sadly not much have happened on the statue front since then. I'm not an expert on the subject so I can't even speculate on what is taking so long.

One this is for sure though, they totally missed out on the whole momentum of this and let it go cold. Hopefully, if this is even still happening, they can get the statue ready for the release of the new movie.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
hotrodled
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Archive, im still feeling my way around here.
This link says 2013 the statue might release with the new movie.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/robocop/18997/work-begins-on-detroit’s-robocop-statue

Seems that you have to copy and past the whole link above, dont know why but it works.

RB 128

game-xbox Scratch Card hamburger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard