New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop statue reaches funding goal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:10 am Reply with quote

catch the new update and video? still cant tell if that original mess of a pose was fixed
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/imaginationstation/detroit-needs-a-statue-of-robocop/posts

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
braddock001
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: Excuse me - I have to go- somewhere there is a crime happening-

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:32 am Reply with quote

http://vimeo.com/73798023

RB 1290

beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/25/detroit-robocop-statue_n_3991275.html

Detroit RoboCop Statue To Be Unveiled Next Year

DETROIT -- Creators of a Detroit statue of the fictional crime-fighting cyborg RoboCop say they plan to unveil it next summer.

Venus Bronze Works in Detroit is getting ready to cast pieces of the statue and on Tuesday showed off its 10-foot-tall model to The Detroit News and Detroit Free Press.

The 1980s science fiction movie was set in a futuristic and crime-ridden Detroit.

The movement for a RoboCop statue started in 2011 after a social networking campaign exploded in support of the project, quickly raising money to make it happen.

Brandon Walley, director of development for the nonprofit the Imagination Station, says the statue "will add nicely to Detroit and the rejuvenation that's happening here." He says the hope is that the statue will stand in a prominent place downtown.

RB 5831

beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote

Giant RoboCop to Loom Over Detroit in 2014

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/giant-robocop-loom-detroit-2014-636481

Because the world demanded it, a 10-foot-tall statue of Officer Alex James Murphy will defend the city of Detroit starting next summer.

When you think of Detroit, you might think about the city's proud musical history, stretching from John Lee Hooker through Motown and the MC5 to more recent acts like Eminem or anyone from the techno scene.

Perhaps you'd rather think about the auto industry that provided the city's backbone, or maybe even the fact that the Justice League of America once lived there (No, really). Any one of these things is something that you'd expect a city to boast about -- and yet, somehow, it's RoboCop that's getting a 10-foot-tall statue celebrating the city's cultural heritage.

STORY: The Many, Many Post-Movie Lives of RoboCop

In this case, the statue comes about by public demand -- literally. The idea for the statue arose from a tweeted plea to the city's mayor, and has been paid for via Kickstarter campaign. Upon seeing the statue -- currently being assembled in Detroit ahead of a 2014 unveiling -- John Leonard, who started the whole ball rolling, admitted that it was "larger than even my wildest imagination."

The statue itself will be the result of collaboration between Venus Bronze Works and Center for Conservation, Warren Ally Foundry and Edgewise Forge. Giorgio Gikas, from Venus Bronze Works, told the Detroit Free Press that he believes the status represents "the new generation of our town." Leonard sees it similarly. "I think it complements a lot of the other positive things that are happening in the city," he said.

So, who wants to start the Kickstarter for an ED-209 statue to stand menacingly behind the RoboCop? After all, it would be the next generation of crowdfunded science fiction statues.

RB 5831

AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:28 am Reply with quote

this will be something EVERY sporting event or anything with cameras will cover when they show sights of detroit.

i can see wwe raw or monday night football showing the foot of the statue then panning up then comerica, etc etc.....epic!!!

RB 643

hob
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote

any news from the statue ?

RB 311

AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:49 am Reply with quote

i wish there was....i was all ready to go in spring when they said it was done......

RB 643

RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:07 am Reply with quote

I have discussed the Robocop statue with some friends and they were not too impressed. I guess for some, the idea of a Robocop statue is more of a joke because it doesn't make any positive change to Detroit. Sure, some people will go to see it and get their picture taken in front of it, but will anyone really care about it after that? I admit, I would love to see it but many may not get out of it the same thing that I would. I happen to know that there is a large statue of Optimus Prime (Convoy) in China, but it probably has the same impact there as a large cow statue above a steak restaurant. Perhaps it would be a better fixture in a museum about the film industry (like wax museums depict famous actors or figures of history). I do not oppose the idea, but I just don't know what impact it will have on Detroit.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:33 am Reply with quote

Unfortunately they have missed a lot of dates that would have been ideal for unveiling the complete statue. Anniversary for the original and release of the remake for example.

Now, if ever completed, I doubt it's gonna have the same kind if impact now that Robo's popularity has faded somewhat.

Here's an interesting and recent article about all the troubles they've been having getting this statue done.

* Here’s Why Detroit Doesn’t Have A RoboCop Statue (Yet)
http://www.dailydetroit.com/2015/08/24/remember-robo-cop-statue/

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Unfortunately they have missed a lot of dates that would have been ideal for unveiling the complete statue. Anniversary for the original and release of the remake for example.

Now, if ever completed, I doubt it's gonna have the same kind if impact now that Robo's popularity has faded somewhat.

Here's an interesting and recent article about all the troubles they've been having getting this statue done.

* Here’s Why Detroit Doesn’t Have A RoboCop Statue (Yet)
http://www.dailydetroit.com/2015/08/24/remember-robo-cop-statue/

Great article. I was wondering what happen to the statue, as I didn´t remember they finished it. Good read.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:06 am Reply with quote

AN UPDATE!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/imaginationstation/detroit-needs-a-statue-of-robocop/posts/1804137

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:37 pm Reply with quote

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote

Would be nice if they manage to put it up for the 30th anniversary.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:20 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Would be nice if they manage to put it up for the 30th anniversary.

Would you settle for the 50th?

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard