New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

What DIDN'T you like about Robocop 1?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Deus Ex Robo :
. Hell, I remember knocking down Demise with a few neg's for proclaiming his R3 love back in the day. There is still hope.

How fucking dare you. You don't have a dook of an idea how to comport yourself public-wise. tongue I definitely have never proclaimed any true infatuation with the third film other than it is something good for kids to watch. I will never deny that R3 is a good kids movie. As a movie continuing the franchise and representing the character as he should be though the movie is a horrible failure.

Another thing I dislike about the first film is the lack of screen time devoted to Robo's construction. Padihla is apparently going to make good on that.

RB 10024

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
SiR-ROUND
ABC WARRIOR

OCP3 - L3

Comment: Oh my god! They killed Kinney!

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote

Well, the whole movie sux, I'm leaving this board.

RB 3346

judge-dredd judge-dredd-lawgiver judge-dredd-abcwarrior RoboCain-v2 terminator-endo terminator-skull evildead-book2 klf-album1
Officer Harvey
Metro West District, Detroit Police Department, OCP

O-L1

Comment: I'm not in a Labor Union. I'm a Police Officer. I Don't Strike.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:38 am Reply with quote

I would've loved more exploration into the process of Murphy's personality re-emerging in RoboCop, just to go inside his mind more as he re-discovers his old life, avenge its' loss, and reclaim his name.

Also, Murphy's final vengeance on Clarence and company I felt would've been even more complete if they had the ol' gang acknowledge that the cyborg police officer hunting after them is one of the poor cops they slaughtered carefree under Jones' watch. Outside of Emil, the rest of them didn't seem to be aware their final downfall was literally of their own creation. Would've been more emotionally satisfying if those feelings of fear and shock seen in Emil spread through visibly through the rest of them.

RB 25

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote

I like this topic first and foremost because it reminds me that fans should NEVER have the power to give their ideas to a movie sequel. While we all share the love for RoboCop our opinions seemingly goes SO far apart that there is no way everyone of us can get the sequel we want.

film making errors and goofs aside, when some of the things complained upon in this topic has to do with the whole essence and idea of the movie I can't help but wonder why some people like the movie at all.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
film making errors and goofs aside, when some of the things complained upon in this topic has to do with the whole essence and idea of the movie I can't help but wonder why some people like the movie at all.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote

Hmm yes, brilliant contribution Pimp. I concur whole heartedly. Indeed.

Tea anyone?

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote

You know, I think the only odd thing in the first movie is when Murph yells "looking for me?" and blasts Joe. He fires at him a couple of times, and despite being armed with cobra cannons the rest of the guys just stand there and only start shooting when Joe drops dead. Im not saying its anything major, just one thing thats just, well, odd

But as I reread the whole thread, I can honestly say everything mentioned is either a technical blooper or a huge nitpick, which only speaks for the great quality of this movie and how near perfect this movie is

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
RoboCool7
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: Good 2B Back here after quite some years!

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
If there was anything I would change about the movie it would just be asthetic crap. Like Dick Jones falling at the end I would like to see redone, made to not look like a claymate long armed ape in a suit falling from the building.

Hahahahaha... nice way of describing it.... Laughing

Quote:
Maybe another cut scene of the body landing on the remains of the ED or something like that.

Odd VERHOEVEN did NOT do this...it seems to me it would have been in perfect tune with the rest of the film....but perhaps he thought it would have taken away from MURPHY's momentum, the viewer would like to see his expression asap, and after twirling the gun it would obviously be way too late... still could have been cool tongue

Nah, it's a promotion photo/lobby card.
I carefully watched the explosion scene and it can VERY vaguely be seen if you know what you look for.

Quote:
I get the feeling that they deliberately chose to skip it though. Shell oil probably would not have liked the whole hell thing.

Sounds about right, still... it looks AWESOME !!

RB 182

beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote

The most interesting i think!

Dropping the Robotic voice after removing his helmet in the steel factory! P. Weller did this on his own without directing from the script or by Paul Verhoeven! Paul Verhoeven didnīt notice it when the movie was filmed.

From a cyborg point of view:Dropping the Robotic voice is big mistake in the movie. His helmet didn't give him the Robotic voice but his vocal cords near his sound throat gave it him.

At the age of 6 years when i saw the movie for the first time, it was the first thing i noticed and i didn't like it, still don't like it. (bringing the robotic voice back in Robocop 2 and 3 was good thing from the directors.

This was also one the reasons why the TV series from 1994 and 2000 were so bad it was all to human.

RB 5831

RoboCool7
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: Good 2B Back here after quite some years!

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
The most interesting i think!

Dropping the Robotic voice after removing his helmet in the steel factory! P. Weller did this on his own without directing from the script or by Paul Verhoeven! Paul Verhoeven didnīt notice it when the movie was filmed.

From a cyborg point of view:Dropping the Robotic voice is big mistake in the movie. His helmet didn't give him the Robotic voice but his vocal cords near his sound throat gave it him.

Odd...technically it does make sense what you are saying...but I kind of apprecdiated what WELLER was trying to pull off there (pulled off if u will).

What's is way more interesting though, is that in the HERO COMPLEX youtube video, he made some comments on how that got lost in translated versions of ROBOCOP and how proud he was of it...introducing it and all.
I'd have to check back again to see, if the robotic voice is really totally gone...

RB 182

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote

I think his chin piece had something to do with his voice. Whether Verhoeven noticed the difference in tone or not, the fact still remains that they left Murphs voice without the echo effect when he was without the helmet. Same thing in R2 and R3

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote

beer :
Dropping the Robotic voice after removing his helmet in the steel factory! P. Weller did this on his own without directing from the script or by Paul Verhoeven! Paul Verhoeven didnīt notice it when the movie was filmed

I always thought it was done on purpose. After all, he speaks softly and with emotions at the end of the movie, after being kicked by the police and feel his family. I donīt have any problem with that.

And in the sequels they do it in the same kind of scenes (Robo2: calling himself a machine / Robo 3: talking about feeling your family with Nikko)

I think I donīt have a lot of bad things to say about the movie. Some people told me that ED looks cheesy. I canīt see the "bad animation" anywhere. Itīs pretty cool and robotic how it moves.

The only thing it looks "weird" is the Dick Jones puppet, or how someone said here, that "claymate long armed ape in a suit".

RB 11886

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Raymond
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:56 am Reply with quote

Agree with the people saying the construction/testing of Robocop.

The whole thing is so rushed in the movie. Murphy dies, some montage from Robos POV and BAAM. Robocop walks in and from there we only get bits and pieces. It's almost magic how Morton can say "we can have a prototype ready in 30 days" then some short scenes and voila. it's done. Yet it's an amazingly complex and expensive product and the movie makes it feel like it was a rushjob.

Part of me thinks it was a budget decision because it would be expensive to show more. Another reason is that they probably didn't intend it to be the first movie of a trilogy.

RB 3724

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote

Raymond :
Agree with the people saying the construction/testing of Robocop.

The whole thing is so rushed in the movie. Murphy dies, some montage from Robos POV and BAAM. Robocop walks in and from there we only get bits and pieces. It's almost magic how Morton can say "we can have a prototype ready in 30 days" then some short scenes and voila. it's done. Yet it's an amazingly complex and expensive product and the movie makes it feel like it was a rushjob.

Part of me thinks it was a budget decision because it would be expensive to show more. Another reason is that they probably didn't intend it to be the first movie of a trilogy.

As the construction would be interesting, it doesnīt bother me too much. Itīs kinda cool to see the change of view, first seeing Murphy, then black screen after his dead, and then we change to his POV. I donīt know if budget had to do with that, but I think the easier way is make it as you said, showing people working on it. Watching his resurrection with his POV itīs pretty original...

Letīs see how the construction/updates work on film with the reboot...

RB 11886

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard