New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop 1 locations: then and now (25 year retrospective)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote

someone get out to dallas.....lol

RB 643

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Great stuff! Can't wait to see the final product!

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:56 pm Reply with quote

Leaving Dallas now. Sadly I didn't have time to go location hunting. One of these days I will, my sister lives there. Probably won't find anything we haven't seen unless I can find the location from the mom n pop liquor store.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
CoboRop
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: No comment..

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote

fifth_beatle :
My friends and I live in or near Dallas, so we are putting together a little retrospective on the
http://www.questvideoproduction.com/Robocoplocations.html

Any chance of a re-upload, the original link is dead.

RB 16

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:51 am Reply with quote

Holy old thread, Batman!

That said, I believe this is their same video on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s3gpiruJxc.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
CoboRop
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote

Sometimes the old ones are the best.

Brilliant, thanks for the link mate. Smile

RB 16

CoboRop
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote

Its taken a couple of years but I think I have finally found an aerial photo of the Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel Mill in Monessen where the conclusion of Robocop was filmed!! Smile

The aerial photo was taken in 1993.

[EDIT] Just noticed that the furthest left red line is pointing at the wrong building, my bad.

RB 16

TODD-209
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Holy old thread, Batman!

That said, I believe this is their same video on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s3gpiruJxc.

I hate to gush, but...what does it say about a film when it elicits excitement even when cheap videos are made about the filming locations almost thirty-years later? Heck, the silly re-enactments brought back great memories of awesome scenes. I hate to sound like a fanboy, but how many films have that kind of effect and legacy? That's awesome...

RB 1633

ultra4
guix
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote

Hello, I found other pictures of the mill
Pic 1
Pic 2

Look at Picture 2 carefully. Apart from the "entrance" in the bottom center of the picture (which is also the place where Clarence do a half turn with his car, just after Robocop shot Joe), and the "pool" at the right, can you find other locations that were used for filming?

Here is what I found:
When Emil tries to crush Robocop
When Clarence tries to escape

RB 5

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:33 am Reply with quote

Okay I'm a little too excited about this right now but I've been working on it off and on for years now. I'm about 90% sure I found the location for the liquor store robbery. The only inkling I've ever had to go on is the address given on movie-locations.com which shows 378 S Industrial Blvd. Well there ain't much there in the way of gas stations/liquor stores so to make a long story short, I've used my Columbo-like detective skills and found a different (but similar) address from the description the website gave and the first thing I saw was a liquor store! And going by the exterior layout and comparing it to the scene itself (the building size in general, layout of the doors and windows) I think I've found it. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry for the extra homework but all I can provide at the moment is the physical address that should take you right to it on google maps/street view. Wish I could provide some comparison shots.

The address is: 339 S Riverfront Bld. Dallas, TX

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
fifth_beatle
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:06 am Reply with quote

Well, crap! I didn't realize I had let my Quest Video Production site lapse. I will have to go back to my notes so I can get all the location addresses. Oh, by the way, we are hopefully going to be doing some additional shooting for some of the locations that were left off the first time we filmed (hopefully Bob Morton's house, for one). There is also going to be a 30th anniversary screening outside the City Hall, with a Peter Weller Q&A on September 10th, for anyone interested.

RB 195

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard