New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Your First contacts with Robocop!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Lizzeh
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: Get up, come on, get down with the sickness...

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote

I'm a new Robocop fan - only discovered it a couple of months ago, if that. My friend found the videos at his house, and told me how awesome they were.. we watched all 3 in a day and hey presto, 2 Robofans were created Very Happy We've since seen all the prime directives and the tv series, and are on the quest to find.. well pretty much everything else robocop lol

RB 3272

Lightsaber-Blue starwars-trooper starwars-scout starwars-darthvader starwars-bobafett half-life2-gordon starwars-royalguard cake
murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote

mr green Hi lizzeh mr green

cool story Wink
super!!
but to make to attention my friend that starts like that and then after one can more stop!!. mr green
Robocop it is like a disease, one want all to always see!! He! He! He! Laughing
me do that make 20 years that that lasts my passion for robo & I do not know when that will finish?
but I espere never!! mr green

RB 2354

tiny-cop robocop-head alex-murphy RoboBadge baby-food award
Lizzeh
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: Get up, come on, get down with the sickness...

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote

Our robolove shall last forever Very Happy

Why didn't I watch these movies sooner! Then again I was only 1 when the first came out..

RB 3272

Lightsaber-Blue starwars-trooper starwars-scout starwars-darthvader starwars-bobafett half-life2-gordon starwars-royalguard cake
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Hmmm, RoboLove. We all have it...

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Clarence Boddicker II
R-L1

R-L1

Comment: My daddy was a bad man...and I'm so much worse

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote

I was in Times Square In NYC and there was a huge wall ad for Robocop...The poster.

I was with my parents and we were eating in a restaurant that faced the ad. I drew pictures of that robot man police officer..the rest of the trip...boy i'd love to find some of those old pics....

My love for all sci-fi at that age wanted to see a robot cop..Of course I was wayyyyyyyy to young to see it...So I actually saw it in 1988 when it was on cable TV. I loved it...Hooked ever since.

RB 51

roboCABLE
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: www.myspace.com/jtcable

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote

hy folks,
first time seeing robo?hmm...must be in the year 90/91 or so..

when i was home alone and searching some `forbidden videos` how my mom always said i found a video tape calles robocop.and so im always are interesstet in fobidden things*gg* i gonna watch the video and since this day im a fan of robocop.

long time ago,but robo is still the best ROBOTIC MOVIE(or how its called)..

and thats it Smile)

best wishes

cable

RB 128

murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:59 am Reply with quote

hahah! Very interesting my partner cable
I agree with you 100/100 about robo is still the best ROBOTIC MOVIE Wink

Murphy38. mr green

RB 2354

tiny-cop robocop-head alex-murphy RoboBadge baby-food award
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:32 am Reply with quote

In the late 80's, possibly '89, my dad rented RoboCop for me. Boy, am I glad that he, just like everyone else, thought its a kids movie about some police robot! When I saw the VHS cover I thought its gonna be some type of a superhero movie, and having the then-newest Batman in mind, I was thrilled! I remember seeing Murphy walking into the police department for the first time and I knew immediately by his lips that this is gonna be the guy.

My parents were shocked watching this movie with me, and it still gives me a smile when I think about it. What seemed to be a cheesy 80's robot flick for kids happened to be a deep, thought provoking and unimaginably gory movie with body parts flying around, tons of swearing, drugs, prostitutes and extreme violence and cruelty.

I loved it and since I was somewhat used to those kind of movies by watching horror movies with my then-teenage sisters, I wasn't traumatized and no damage was done. Although, I wouldn't let any kids watch it, oh no! I eventually got the movie on VHS from someone and used to watch it every 2 days for some time.

The movies I love the most are the ones when someone really gets it and then years later returns and avenges his enemies. So Hard To Kill (1990), The Punisher (2005), Batman Begins or Kickboxer (1989) are right up my valley, and RoboCop is just the movie for me.

And btw, the image of Smith portraying Boddicker got stuck with me, and I could never imagine him as a good guy. Today when he's a star of "That 70's Show", it's still surreal for me to see him in such role.

Luckily for me I remember my first viewings of all 3 films

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
RobbieValiant
Amateur Screenwriter

O-L1

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote

I discovered RoboCop by what most call its weakest entry- RoboCop 3. I found that on Encore, enjoyed it, and looked up its predecessors.

RB 460

batman-Joker2 Johnny5
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote

I love showing the movie for the first time to people who havent seen it. I get such a kick out of their reactions, and in ALL the cases it can be described with two words: surprise and complete satisfaction.

I especially like to show it to nonbelievers and then see how theyre shocked that its nothing they imagined (and its always the TV series image of Robocop or just thinking that its some robot kids movie), and how the movie pulls everyone in. The two scenes that seem to evoke the most emotions and reactions from everyone is Murphy's death and visiting home (my fave scene).

Today I saw the movie again with the "virgin" audience when I talked people at the party who wanted to see a movie to watch this one. Everyone said its a great idea cause they were sure the cheesiness will be hilarious. And man, that movie killed that party (in a good way) - everyone stopped talking very soon and it was like a theater with everyone being so immersed in it. I could hear occasional reactions like "oh my god" or "that is so sad"(home scene). I like one reaction to Robo's face without the helmet: "oh...my....look... Its just a face. How sad that is when he looks at his face in the mirror yet its a cut out piece of flesh strapped surgically to this machine, and its all he has left of him." There was a lot of pathos for the character. As far as the humor goes, everyone loved the "rape attempt" scene the best. They thought Robo's move and the punchline, "Your move creep" was just perfect.

Its always cool to see people experiencing this great movie for the first time

RB 525

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote

In relation to my post above, I finally gathered the same audience and showed them RoboCop 2. It was cool to hear that everyone's choice for the movie was R2 since they absolutely loved the first RoboCop so much. And it was even cooler how everyone enjoyed it and everyone agreed that the sequel is a very consistent continuation in the overall feel and tone. The only thing people weren't that crazy about was the final showdown between th two robocops to my surprise. Everyone thought the movie was great up to that point. I was also watching the reaction to Hob's death. Well, no one felt sorry for him and everyone thought the kid got what he deserved. Just like the villains in the first movie, Hob's character sucessfully created a great hate for him in the viewers

RB 525

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
The only thing people weren't that crazy about was the final showdown between th two robocops to my surprise.

Did they give any reason for this? Was it the stop-motion or that it got too superhero'ish?

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
KidGoesWild :
The only thing people weren't that crazy about was the final showdown between th two robocops to my surprise.

Did they give any reason for this? Was it the stop-motion or that it got too superhero'ish?

No, but I got the feeling that they thought the battle of the robos didnt fit with the rest of the movie, so probably option #2. In some ways its good because it proves that the movie's good and interesting and liked not just because of the action between the robots

RB 525

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:47 am Reply with quote

Im wondering wheter to show R3 to anybody. Not that long ago I recommended R1 to my friend and before she got a chance to see it, right after my recommendation she stumbled upon R3 on cable TV and called me laughing and asking if its seriously what i recommended her. I explained that R1 is completely different but R3 left such a bad taste in her mouth that she didnt even want to see anything robocop related after that. Kind of a familiar story

RB 525

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard