New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

ROBOCOP 2D - game question

DarthVader1
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quote

I have both ROBO 2D and 2D2, and I love to play them, and I didn't know 2D2 was a "twist" of the "Robo vs. Terminator theme, but I love both.

For those not familiar with those games, these are "rebooted" games by someone probably from this boards. ROBOCOP 2D looks like the side-scrolling version of the ROBOCOP ARCADE GAME, but better looking, more logical actions, more and different enemies. Way better than the original ARCADE version, including small video and sound clips of the original movie. ROBOCOP 2D2 is the same engine and concept, except that it has a twist mixed up with a ROBOCOP vs. TERMINATOR storyline

But I have an issue in regards of 2D, namely a hint question; when I try to get the girl out from the guy in the alley (remember the "nuts" shot in ROBO 1?...)

Well, it seems that everytime I shoot, my energy gets down like if I'm hitting the girl (I'm assuming), and I can't get passed that second level. Anyone played this game for PC before that could help me out and figure out HOW TO BEAT THE GUY???? Confused

RB 2772

starwars-darthvader SW-Imperial game-xbox robo-rights
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:47 am Reply with quote

Come on man it's a video game. Most of the fun is getting stuck at some point and wasting hours how to figure something out only to stumble across it and say " Oh, that's all I had to do? ANd I spent all this time on it.".

My friend has a modded xbox now too and he is constantly looking on youtube and elsewhere for walkthroughs. It pisses me off so bad. Play the Damn game and figure it out. Or be stuck there forever Like we used to do back in the ol' days over and over and over again... Or ask for help... Fuck it. I probably would too. Laughing Disregard everything I have said here. I'm a hypocrite.

RB 10024

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:49 am Reply with quote

Great post Demise. I laughed a good bit at the end there. Just reading DV1's post already made me frustrated and annoyed. I remember being a kid and playing hard ass games and getting stuck. That was back when cheat codes were actually rare-somewhat and a big deal. As for the original post, I don't have anything to help out or contribute. But after looking them up, I want to check these out.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
DarthVader1
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm an old man, playing a game, and asking for hints or walkthroughs like a teenager back in the days. tongue

I guess I have to follow RoboDemise's suggestion, though.

RB 2772

starwars-darthvader SW-Imperial game-xbox robo-rights
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:16 pm Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
Disregard everything I have said here. I'm a hypocrite.

And probably under the influence also. mr green

Anyway, yes the RoboCop 2d games were introduced by a member of the board and are good games. That said, I don't remember getting stuck there... You do have to shoot the guy and not the hostage, he moves just slightly to allow you to hit him without hitting her (Or you lose energy, as you say) Perhaps your timing is just off when you shoot or something... Or, well fuck, to be honest, I don't know what to tell ya. Confused

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:09 pm Reply with quote

The trick is to keep an eye on the hostage. She constantly moves left and right slightly and when she has moved right, as in back, you have enough time to shoot the bad guy once or twice. I think you must stand to do this also. Don't crouch. This sequence gets repeated at the end with Dick Jones and the Old man. And the strategy is the same.

If you play on easy you can ignore the bad guys gunfire, but on higher difficulty it gets a bit more complicated and tedious.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Eric
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote

I made the first Robo 2D back in 2004. Archive got the tactic spot on for hostage sections.
If you check the cheats section of my site I think the cheats are still listed there.
Ive got an 8-bit robo remake in the works that might get finished sometime - video here:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDa7h2vrg0k

There is also Robocop 2D 3 for download but the gameplay differs slighty from the others.

RB 311

game-pad transformers-optimus AirWolf-Logo STH-Sonic ghostbusters-badge
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote

Nice to see ya still around, Eric. Smile

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Eric
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Nice to see ya still around, Eric. Smile

Hi Stan, always pop by now & then. Smile

Just converted my Amiga freeware games to Adf files for play on Amiga Emulators.
This video shows my early Robo games Robocop X and Robocop4 which has a more traditional front view hostage section. As I didn't want the hostage section to be the same I decided that for Robo 2D to have hostage section stay side on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOIua21vvI

The post above links to the 8-bit Robo remake video, this was the game for Amstrad CPC that Robo 2D was originally a remake of.

RB 311

game-pad transformers-optimus AirWolf-Logo STH-Sonic ghostbusters-badge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard