New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Which Robocop games you like ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

cobrahunter187
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: If there's nothing to say then dont say anything

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote

Everything's on the title which game that is robocop based you guys like the most whether it's a recent, a coinOP or a classic game that has been released on Home video game systems ?
I personnally enjoyed robocop arcade game, both 1&2 with a slight preference for the second one.
But my all time favorite is definitely Robocop on Nes, it litterally represents my first NES experience since it's the first game i had besides the boxed games that goes along with the console itself

What's yours ?

RB 202

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:08 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop Versus The Terminator.

The only game I played on the Megadrive with that amount of blood and the sound effects of the Auto-9.

"You're terminated".

Man I love that voice...

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
cobrahunter187
O-L1*

O-L1*

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:11 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
RoboCop Versus The Terminator.

The only game I played on the Megadrive with that amount of blood and the sound effects of the Auto-9.

"You're terminated".

Man I love that voice...

Did ya know that there's a cheat code so you can have a much more violent game than it actually is, never tried it but it sure worth trying

RB 202

cobrahunter187
O-L1*

O-L1*

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:15 pm Reply with quote

http://www.elook.org/games/cheats/genesis/7434.html

sorry bout double post

RB 202

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote

My favorite is the first arcade game. As far as I'm concerned it's pretty much perfection.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
cobrahunter187
O-L1*

O-L1*

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Hopefully on emulator coz if you're playing it on the regular coinOP cab you'll be ruined by the end of the day considering how much tries it takes to actually beat the game !

I used like 20 credits on MAME to beat the game !

Also i'd try the cheat codes on robocop vs terminator ( MD) to check if it's working or not

RB 202

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote

I used to play it a lot on arcade many years ago, but now, yeah, on an emulator.

The thing I like about the game is that if you play and learn it well enough you can complete at least the first three levels unharmed. After that it gets a bit too chaotic.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
cobrahunter187
O-L1*

O-L1*

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quote

For some reason i liked the robocop 2 arcade better it has more gameplay variety and that's what's fun about it, as for the robocop arcade try the japanese rom for robocop 1 it's hell on earth XD

RB 202

Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote

I'm so glad you asked!

My favorites are:
the Data East Arcade games,
Robocop 3 for DOS,
Robocop VS the Terminator... it's a tie between Genesis and Master System version. Yeah I know, weird.
And last but certainly not least, the Robocop 2D series that Mr. Park created!

As for which would be my absolute favorite... again it's a tie. When it comes to gameplay, it's definitely the arcade Robocop 2, but in terms of atmosphere, Robocop 2D2 wins hands down.

RB 454

cobrahunter187
O-L1*

O-L1*

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:01 am Reply with quote

Never had the chance to play the robocop 2D games i heard those were awesome.

Speaking of which, the cheat codes for robocop vs terminator (genesis or megadrive : depends where you live) works just fine, you have to put the real version code which is a pain in the ass when you're not used to the megadrive controller but as a result you have female thugs the t800 skeletons are more detailed and so on.

Robocop 3 for Dos, interesting choice here, the game was surely better than the actual 16-bit releases on nintendo systems and surprisingly better than the movie ( not that hard to beat the movie quality wise).
Thing i always found weird about the robocop 3, it's actually called robocop 3D for some reasons and not robocop 3, other interesting facts all the games based on the movie came out in 92' as the movie hit the cinemas in 93'.

RB 202

Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote

cobrahunter187 :
Never had the chance to play the robocop 2D games i heard those were awesome.

Well then what are you waiting for?
http://www.parkproductions.btinternet.co.uk/

cobrahunter187 :
Thing i always found weird about the robocop 3, it's actually called robocop 3D for some reasons and not robocop 3

"Some reasons" would be the fact that it was one of the early games utilizing full polygons to create a three dimensional world to move in. That and it was mostly played in first person view.

RB 454

cobrahunter187
O-L1*

O-L1*

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote

i knew that reason pal was just stating how weird it is

RB 202

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote

I love the first NES game. It was one of my first video-games my mom and dad ever got me. RvsT for the Genesis is also in my TOP list (and yes, the violence cheat works, I've tried it - it adds female bad guys, people getting electricuted and becoming skeletons, alternative Game Over screen and some changes to Robo's sprite when he's dying)

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
cobrahunter187
O-L1*

O-L1*

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote

Found the cheat code to be one of the longer genesis code ever, but the results worth the pain by far, robo having electric sparks when he's dyin' is simply genius

RB 202

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard