New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Which Robocop games you like ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

TheVindicator
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: "They thought they took his life...now he wants theirs."

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote

I am currently playing RoboCop games for Robo Month on my you tube channel and so far, I like the following..

RoboCop: The Arcade Game
RoboCop 2: Arcade
RoboCop on Gameboy
RoboCop Vs. Terminator Genesis
RoboCop Vs. Terminator SNES
and
RoboCop on C64

I don't like

RoboCop on NES(Stupid rules, and lame enemies. Dogs? Really?)
RoboCop 2 NES(Worse than the NES game. Really lame. Bullshit rules too. Like if I don't collect all the nuke on one level I have to start over.)
RoboCop 2 Game Boy(Wow. That's all I have to say about this one. Just wow.)
RoboCop on Amiga(So bad I didn't even do a video about it. I didn't feel like even bothering.
and
RoboCop on X-Box(Terrible game. No continues, no save states, crappy controls, awful voice acting, an all around epic fail.)

That's all I have played so far. I'll keep you guys updated when I play the RoboCop 3 games..Wish me luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQJi5qIRG64

RB 585

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop Vs The Terminator - SEGA Master System II
RoboCop 2 - Amstrad GX 4000

That said, they're the only two Robocop related games I've ever played on hehe!

RB 2548

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
Silicon Knight
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote

In retro mood this last month, been playing RoboCop Vs. Terminator on the Mega Drive, again (this time on a real console). Man, this game holds up really well. Visually it's still one of the best games of the MD/SNES era and if you put it side by side with the SNES version it looks better, and more "cinematic". I wish Virgin had also made a console game based on the first film (at around the same time they released a Sega CD game based on The Terminator).

Yes it drags a little after the ED-209 boss, but it picks up again when you're closer to Skynet. If only it also had some music themes from the Robocop/Terminator movies - the original tracks in the game are pretty good, but nothing beats the real thing. IMO if one has to choose the absolute best Robo games, it's the R1 arcade and this one.

My ideal Robo game would be an HD remake of this one for PS/XB/Steam - a sidescroller with similar controls and gameplay, expanded with more levels, "secrets" and pick-ups for replay value, motion comic cutscenes, and an added 2-player co-op mode with the second player controlling a "good" Terminator. It will never happen, I know, but I'd love it.

RB 248

RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:19 am Reply with quote

Hopefully the re-release of the comics will spur some interest... I'd love to see an HD remake of the Genesis RvsT, with some of the SNES content (like cutscenes, as you said) thrown in for a more complete experience.

Oh yeah, and the original themes. Of course.

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote

Nothing to add, really, you two have pretty much said it there. That said, I like both 16-bit RvsTs, though I too lean to the Genesis version of RvsT, it's just fun to play, with a lot of weapons and clean visuals. It does get repetitive but I still find it just plain enjoyable.

SNES RvsT is more challenging but I always did like the cutscenes and extra bits, visually it looks fine as well.

RoboCop 3 NES I found moderately enjoyable, as well.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:17 am Reply with quote

I love your picture Vindicator! I recently saw The Vindicator at a recent movie marathon and it was great!

I like your lists, they gave me some ideas for games to try. I never played the Robocop game for Gameboy, so I will definitely try that one out. I have to disagree about the Robocop game for NES. This is one of my favorites. I agree that there are some really tough parts (and I never understand the need for battery pickups), but it has good graphics (I love how Robo extends his arm to shoot. It looks just like the movie). There are a lot of levels in the game that mirror the movie. Even though they padded it with tiny robots in the OCP building and dogs on the streets, I thought it was a pretty good game (plus it was a game I played constantly as a kid, so I am a bit biased).

The Robocop 3 games are an improvement from Robocop 2 (also produced by Ocean). You need to occasionally repair Robocop and there's no nuke. The arcade version is a lot better than the NES version, but both are short games. It seems like they tried to put it together quickly. It does follow the movie. The cutscenes are appropriate. The worst part is the final battle. In the arcade game you can do more, but the NES version is really weak. It must have been made in the last wave of NES games because it is a rare find and fetches a high price online.

Good luck (I know its been a while since your post, but hopefully you are still at it). Thanks for the info on great Robocop Games!

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard