New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Michael Fassbender wouldn't mind putting on the RoboCop suit

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote

At a recent press conference "Craveonline" got the chance to ask Fassbender about the potential of playing RoboCop.

CraveOnline: A part of all the success you’ve had recently is there are lots of rumors you are attached to all sorts of great projects. I know you haven’t signed for any yet, but is Robocop something you’d like to do?

Michael Fassbender: You know, I’m always open. I’ll take a look at the script and sit down with the director and have a conversation. It’s not definitely like “Oh, I’ve got to play Robocop before I retire” and I don’t have that about anything. I don’t go, “To play the Dane one day, Hamlet…” I don’t think like that. I just wait and see what comes up and I’m always open if I react to the script, then I’m up for anything.

CraveOnline: Would you dread wearing a metal suit?

Michael Fassbender: No. It’d be kind of fun. It’d be kind of good to have a helmet that I could hide behind for most of the film too. That sounds kind of appealing.

SOURCE:
http://www.craveonline.com/film/interviews/177975-michael-fassbender

Good to know he wouldn't mind wearing a helmet.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote

i personally think he'd make a GREAT RoboCop!

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:25 am Reply with quote

I think Fassbender was just being polite there.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:39 am Reply with quote

dammit! let me dream!!!

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:00 pm Reply with quote

As this isn't really news enough to start a new topic, I'll post it here. The most relevant place for it...

Padiha respnds to Michael Fassbender's interest in RoboCop...

Quote:
Earlier this year it was announced that you’d make your English language debut with a remake of RoboCop. The original shares many similar themes with your previous films. Is that what drew you to the project?

Actually, no. I like several things about RoboCop. The idea of having a man having actual body parts replaced by a computerised existence and the idea of a corporation taking control of this man and turning him into a product... this idea is very modern and very, very truthful. I mean you can talk about all sorts of important social issues and tendencies nowadays exploring the RoboCop concept. And you know, I bet you that in 30 years from now wars will only be fought by drones and law enforcement will be populated by drones and automatic systems. That creates a host of ethical issues, a lot of questions that have not been answered. Another interesting thing about RoboCop is that it allows you to talk about the philosophic mind/body problem, which is can a computer system be conscious? What does it mean to be conscious? Can you consider a robotic entity ethically guilty of a crime, or is the corporation that made the robot guilty? All those issues are the core of the RoboCop concept and those are the ones that drew me to the project.

Michael Fassbender recently said that "it could be kind of fun" to don the RoboCop suit. Is he still on your shortlist?

I am a Michael Fassbender fan - I love his work and I think he is a fantastic actor. The reason he said this I believe was that I had given an interview in Holland a couple of months ago in which a Dutch journalist asked me, 'who would you consider for RoboCop', and I had to really stop and think about it. So I said to the Dutch guy, 'I don't know', and he said, 'if you had to say one name, who is a great actor?' And so I said Michael Fassbender, and immediately the Dutch guy cast him for RoboCop [laughs]... which would be great by the way.

When might we expect to hear some casting news on RoboCop?

I'm actually working on the script rewrite now to get it ready and once I have the script ready I'm going to start working on the cast. I like to have a good script before I show it to talent, you know? I'm not quite there... I'm almost there, but not there yet.

source: http://flickeringmyth.blogspot.com/2011/12/conversation-with-director-jose-padilha.html

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Nash
L-L3

L-L3

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote

No ROBOCOP for Micheal Fassbender.

two other names are under consideration. The first is Dexter's Michael C. Hall. The second is none other than the new Star Trek's Captain James T. Kirk, Chris Pine.

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981028319

Quote:
More Movie Reboots Are Planned For the Future
January 16, 2012 01:15 PM EST

It's sad that in a country with a wealth of talented writers, Hollywood seems intent on doing little more than rebooting the same stories over and over. Several such movie reboots are in the works. Here are a few of them.

Patrick Lussier is coordinating the reboot of one of the scariest films ever made -- Hellraiser. Plans are for Ted Farmer of Drive 3 fame to pen the screenplay.
However, fans of the original film are none too excited about the reboot. They
fear that horror writer, Clive Barker's, substance will get pushed aside in
favor of even more blood and gore.

A remake of one of suspense master Alfred Hitchcock's films, The Birds, is already in the works. Produced by Michael Bay and directed by Dennis Iliades, the film will star Naomi Watts. Plans are to ramp up the horror with an R-rating, but more that doesn't automatically equate to better filmmaking or even more scares.

The remake of Red Dawn has been in the works for several years. However, Chris Hemsworth and co-stars will head to the big screen just before Election Day 2012. The film was originally to depict the United States being taken over by China. However, to prevent angering the country that holds most this country's debt, the enemy has changed. The watered down version may lose much of its intended punch.

Cleopatra is another film remake that's been bandied about for years However, it seems that director, David Fincher, and Hollywood beauty, Angelina Jolie, may make the movie happen. Eric Roth, who wrote the script for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is doing the re-write. The film will focus on Cleopartra the politician and not the Egyptian temptress.

Frankenstein will get a new reboot from Guillermo Del Toro. To make sure the film stands on its own, however, he's the monster in different situations than explored before. Unfortunately, little else is known about the film at this time.

Another monster -- Godzilla -- is getting a reboot too. However, outside of naming the director, Gareth Edwards, little more is known about this film too. Certainly, no one can do worse than the '90s version, which failed to please almost everyone.

The new Poltergeist script comes from David Lindsay-Abaire, of Rabbit Hole fame. This is one film that will be difficult to top. The original is a classic with nearly pitch-perfection. It will be hard to strike magic between writing, directing and acting a second time.

Darren Aronofsky heads up the RoboCop remake. While early reports named Michael Fassbender in the lead role, things have changed. Two other names are under consideration. The first is Dexter's Michael C. Hall. The second is none other than the new Star Trek's Captain James T. Kirk, Chris Pine. In any case, this is a film that didn't seem to cry remake to begin with.

There are few other film reboots in the works as well. They include the following: Barberella, Creature From the Black Lagoon, The Dirty Dozen, Fantastic Voyage, Highlander, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Porkys, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Shadow and dozens more.

Which reboots are you anxious to see and which movies do you think stand alone?

RB 5709

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard