New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Game: RoboCop Enforcer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Maxlee
C-L1

C-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:15 am Reply with quote

Howdy, as it's once again time for bed, I figured I show you guys another one of my games, so that there is hopefully plenty of feedback when I wake up!

It's a platform game featuring ED-209. Why ? Because when I was working on my main game, a RoboCop shooter, one of my top priorities was to include ED-209 as an enemy. But by doing so made me realise his limited behavior, all he can do is walk and shoot :roll:

So I figured, what if I put the player in control of ED ? Okay we have to suspend our beliefs a bit so that he can jump and crouch, but other than that ...

So yeah here it is. It's not exactly 100%, but it's not a beta demo either. Most of the things are in place, I'm planning for some sort of intro cinematic, and ofcourse endless amount of stages.

Laters!

----------------- EDIT ----------------

Game is now known as RoboCop The Labs

See post down for details

RB 1560

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quote

I quite enjoyed that.

The animations on ED are good and I dig the sound effects you used. Also, the doors in the levels, are they the doors from RoboCop 2 that house the prototypes?

The only thing is if you can get the background to match the quality on ED that would top it off. Of course I don't know if you are planning on doing so as like you said it's not a beta nor a demo.

But good work.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:10 am Reply with quote

Well, after numerous tries I got through this delightful little game; final time of 4:17. I really enjoyed this one, my only beef being there's more platforming than shooting, and I was hoping for a more rewarding ending. Still, I highly recommend playing through this to anyone. The best bit has to be when you run into the OCP employee and he cowers in fear. The art design on the ED-209 is excellent. I look forward to the final version, though I fear I shant be skilled enough to get very much farther than I did today.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quote

I think it is a fun idea with a lot of potential. The graphics works really well and ED is spot on.

It shows however that it was not originally meant for ED to be the star of the game. The jumping can feel clunky at times and the platforms doesn't really fit ED. Personally I would probably like it more if I played as a smaller guy, one of the prototypes perhaps, and leave ED as a playable bonus. Would make the boss battles more terrifying aswell.

Really fun game though.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Ryou Win
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: Brazillian RoboCop Fan and M.u.g.e.n. maker. Last Updates: NeuroBrain ver.04,09,2019 for M.U.G.E.N.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote

. I agree with Emil: "-I LIKED!!"
. I clicked the link before read the post. To mine surprise, we not play RoboCop, but ED-209!
. The movements are OK, but I had to jump to deal with the elevator.
. Yes, I killed the oparator. I thinked which kill him should open some door.
. In the footsteps of the others ED-209, the sound donīt match. Is it intentional?

. By the way, is a very good flash game. I missed the RoboCop, but play with ED-209 was a cool experience which I always wanted to try!

OBS: My final time was 5:15 in the second try. (I died at the first.)

RB 1361

cake
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:06 am Reply with quote

What a great little game!! The ED sprite is amazing!! The doors matching the ones in R2 is a nice touch and the overall gameplay is quite enjoyable! I beat it from the first playthrough, but I can't wait for more Smile

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
meathead316
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: Get to da choppa!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:43 pm Reply with quote

awesome game, and makes a nice change being able to play as ed-209.

RB 9810

dc-batman dc-superman conan-sword batman-card IronMan-Logo
Skeith
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: Robocop - He Is Only Human... He Is Alex Murphy

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote

Nice job with the sound effects and ED-209 design.
Very good idea and I hope you will expand it more. Wink

RB 120

Maxlee
C-L1

C-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote

Hey everyone, Maxlee here.

I wasn't dead again, just having another hiatus from Flash Laughing

So a couple days ago it was time again to have a look at this project and I decided to throw some changes in, most of them already suggested by members in this topic.

So yeah, drum roll.

The game is now known as:

=====> RoboCop The Labs <=====

You can now play as the RoboCop 2 Prototypes!

That's right. Through examining movie footage I was able to spriteyfie them and add them into the game. ED-209 remains as 3rd playable character.

Instead of the earlier behind the scenes plotline of having a OCP robot become selfaware and wreck havoc in OCP land, this time I changed it more to a Portal-esque training environment where OCP robots have to undergo tests and stuff. This primarilly means you no longer blow up power boxes to open doors, but instead a sort of light bulbs, intended to be shot. Ofcourse, OCP being OCP you are still armed with real ammo, so scientists can still be shot.

There is a smaller focus on jumping, although it remains a platform game. Tedious jumping has been replaced by more elevators, and the overall gravity is much lower.

I added a new enemy (a target dummy on threads) so there are less ED-209s to battle.

New OCP logo collectables so you can either speedrun blitz through the game, or try and collect all the items.

Numerous changes and tweaks across the game, pretty much creating a whole new experience altogether.

I think being able to play as the prototypes is quite a first !

RB 1560

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote

Good job with the new version, I think it is an improvement on the original in terms of gameplay. Playing as the prototypes was a great idea and I think you're probably the first person to allow that. Plus, they're a bit easier to use than ED due to their size.

I like the sound effects too. It's nice to actually hear genuine effects rather than stock sound A or stock sound B.

Again, good job.

RB 17812

Maxlee
C-L1

C-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quote

Today's update features 2 new stages, 1 modified stage, fade in/out between frames and enhanced explosions. Grab it while it's hot!

RB 1560

Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote

I liked this new version a lot. It is like you said, a new experience. Pretty much all the frustration is gone and it feels much more balanced. I liked the ending corridor. It wrapped it up nicely.

The prototype sprites look great by the way. You really managed to cram in a lot of detail. Hey, if you want to take a further stab at this include RoboCain as a end of game boss.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Hey, if you want to take a further stab at this include RoboCain as a end of game boss.

Or why not even have our beloved Robo as the final boss? Think about it, It's the best way to test a potential replacement.

RB 17812

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
Or why not even have our beloved Robo as the final boss?

...but I don't want to shoot Robo. Crying or Very sad

RB 348130

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Fan creations All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard