New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Nick Schenk to Draft RoboCop

Jyrki Piirainen
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote

The RoboCop reboot is moving forward with director Jose Padilha and has just signed Nick Schenk (Gran Torino) to provide the screenplay. The Hollywood Reporter has the news, saying that MGM is tentatively targeting a summer start.

A reboot of the 1987 Paul Verhoeven film, RoboCop will again tell the story of a police officer who, after nearly being killed in the line of duty, is rebuilt as a crime-fighting cyborg. The original film spawned two sequels and multiple television series spinoffs.

"I have my take on it," Padilha told ComingSoon.net late last year, "And I can tell you this: In the first 'RoboCop' when Alex Murphy is shot, gunned down, then you see some hospitals and stuff and then you cut to him as RoboCop. My movie is between those two cuts. How do you make RoboCop? How do you slowly bring a guy to be a robot? How do you actually take humanity out of someone and how do you program a brain, so to speak, and how does that affect an individual?"

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=86474

RB 304

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote

Wasn't there a character called "Shenk", a scientist in one of the original films? Memory block.....I can't pin him to a film???

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote

NukeLord :
I can't pin him to a film???

RoboCop 2.

And the screenwriter for Gran Torino doing RoboCop.

Well, it could be a whole lot worse.

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote

Jyrki Piirainen :
"I have my take on it," Padilha told ComingSoon.net late last year, "And I can tell you this: In the first 'RoboCop' when Alex Murphy is shot, gunned down, then you see some hospitals and stuff and then you cut to him as RoboCop. My movie is between those two cuts. How do you make RoboCop? How do you slowly bring a guy to be a robot? How do you actually take humanity out of someone and how do you program a brain, so to speak, and how does that affect an individual?"
Sounds interesting, but I hope we don't get a good chunk of the film where there's no actual RoboCop crimefighting or action and near the end he just fully accepts that he's now a cyborg and then end credits or something. That doesn't sound too interesting a theme for the film.

RB 19226

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote

Movie's gonna suck..I mean come on!..His take is gonna happen inbetween Murphy getting shot and Robo hitting the streets..WTF..So Padhia wants a SCI FI hospital drama!..Dude angers starting too build..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Nash
L-L3

L-L3

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote

It will be fantastic.

3 Awesome movies in 2013.

1 ROBOCOP

2 Noah by Darren Aronofsky

3 Man of steel

RB 5709

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quote

Going by everything thats been said...And I'm paying attention too this..It's gonna be far from fantastic..

RB 5648

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote

Nash :
It will be fantastic.

vegasrobo :
It's gonna be far from fantastic..

I love the polarising opinions from Nash and Vegas.

No middle ground going around here folks...

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Smile

RB 5648

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard