New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Joel Kinnaman offered the lead in RoboCop reboot
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> General Robo Discussion
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote

"Actor Joel Kinnaman has been offered to take the role of ROBOCOP in director Jose Padilha's reboot of the franchise. Joel most recently appeared in the movie SAFE HOUSE. Remains to be seen if he accepts."

SOURCE:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87439

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Saasouza
L-L1

L-L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote

Yes, just got the news. Its all over movie related websites by now

... As far as appearances goes the guy resembles me of Peter Weller... skinny, a very defined jaw line... Now i'm curious how good is his acting

Any thoughts from those who know the guy from his previous works ?

RB 943

ED-209-2013 remake-gun baby-food
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote

Remains to be seen if he accepts though.

For me it feels a bit strange as he is Swedish, although he has both Swedish and American citizenship. I was expecting a somewhat unknown guy and that is what we could get with Joel.

I haven't seen anything he's been in though so can't really comment on acting skill or if he has an odd accent.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote

Here is an article about the recent news that features a clip of an interview with Joel about The Killing, a show he stars in. It showcases some of his acting chops and I can't detect an accent. http://www.slashfilm.com/the-killings-joel-kinnaman-offered-lead-robocop/

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote

An unknown is fantastic...As for what follows remains too be seen...i'm not expecting much,Not even really expecting Robocop..But maybe we'll get something..around 2062 at this pace..maybe the new Robocop movie will be shown in vivd holographic technovision Smile...

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:00 am Reply with quote

Eh I'm not excited about this choice as I just don't have anything to base his potential off of. I checked out his IMDB and didn't recognise a single film he's been in aside from the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo remake, but I haven't seen that version. I'm pretty sure he's as unknown as you can get, at least in America.

But judging from that little AMC clip, I just fon't know. I'm not saying he's a bad choice at all, in fact he could come out with an amazing performance. But his role and "look" in The Killing doesn't make me think of RoboCop at all.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote

Deus, you just nailed exactly what I was going to write.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Saasouza
L-L1

L-L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:04 am Reply with quote

Deus Ex Robo :
I'm not saying he's a bad choice at all, in fact he could come out with an amazing performance. But his role and "look" in The Killing doesn't make me think of RoboCop at all.

Maybe we're all too much attached to Peter Weller and having trouble trying to picture someone wearing the suit.

RB 943

ED-209-2013 remake-gun baby-food
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:37 am Reply with quote

Saasouza :
Deus Ex Robo :
I'm not saying he's a bad choice at all, in fact he could come out with an amazing performance. But his role and "look" in The Killing doesn't make me think of RoboCop at all.

Maybe we're all too much attached to Peter Weller and having trouble trying to picture someone wearing the suit.

Well, look how it's worked out without Weller. I know I don't want to see another Page Fletcher or Robert Burke. Even Richard Eden, who did an admirable job, pales in comparison to the real deal. Maybe someone could pull off something comparable, but the precedent doesn't bode well for the new guy.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote

Well his role in The Killing is a street wise undercover cop of 8 years who now works homicide cases. The definition of hardcore. The kind of guy you can tell has smoked meth more than a few times to solidify his criminal reputation.

So it's a bit of a stretch to imagine him as the devoted catholic father who struggles for a lost humanity in the shell of a corporate cyborg.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote

In "Buckaroo Banzai" Peter Weller plays an adventurer/surgeon/rock musician who take on evil alien invaders from the 8th dimension.

It's a bit of a stretch to imagine him as the devoted catholic father who struggles for a lost humanity in the shell of a corporate cyborg.

Wink

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote

Har har very clever J.

It's almost more of a stretch, but I can make the jump from wacky 8th Dimension Ziggy Stardust sci-fi flick to RoboCop, more than Undercover Meth Head to RoboCop. But the logic remains that an actor does have the ability to transcend the roles given to him or her.

RB 464

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote

Archive, you know what to do. We need to see him in the helmet!

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote

Yeah it'll be like Heroin Ray-Bans. It will mask the zonked out meth stare in his eyes (see Velvet Underground).

Btw, ever considering photoshopping the actors without the helmet? Could be interesting if you felt like frittering away more of your time.

RB 464

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard