New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Kinnaman: "Visor is going to be see-through."
Goto page 1, 2  Next

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:26 am Reply with quote

Well for those of you hoping that the suit would be true to the original, here's some disappointing news:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=56993

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote

Here's a bit more from the MTV interview
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/26/the-new-robocops-getting-a-rather-different-look/

RB 1391

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:15 am Reply with quote

So they wanna make ROBOcop a lot more human...

...and they wanna show his eyes.

That's what I call "le bullshit". And thus it begins. Or continues. Or begins to continue...

Oh, and by "better acting piece" does he mean easier? Cuz I'd say Peter Weller did a damn good job the first couple times around...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quote

Its a shame, but as long as he looks ROBOTIC, I can deal with change, but if I were a betting man, I don't think were even gonna get that, my fears are that the new Robo will be comparable to that of Adam Jensen from Deus EX HR.

RB 1031

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote

I think we're gonna see a man with some metal pieces glued around his body and with a pseudo-helmet on. That does not a RoboCop make... keep the original suit design, they'd be mad to change it.

I just got a horrible feeling in my stomach reading those articles. I have a feeling this film is gonna end up doing more damage to the franchise than good. I hope I live to eat those words, but from the sound of everything so far, it's not shaping up that well. Sad

RB 17167

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote

I think they´re going to screw an interesting detail of the design, the "cyclop visor". Are they afraid to think the viewers would ask if he has eyes?

Maybe they´ll redesign the whole thing to avoid a "act 3" makeup and design and just put this pretty boy´s face all the film.

I don´t know, I´m feeling scared of it!

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Helldogg
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: "Only you can prevent forest fires." which is good cause I've got other shit to do.

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote

I found a picture of the new Robocop suit

RB 502

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote

That's funny Helldogg.

I'm all for seeing the eyes but not through the helmet. It won't look right. Take this picture of the Power Rangers movie. They were toying with the idea of seeing the eyes of the Rangers and look how bollocks that looked:

At most I could let them get away with a feint glow behind the visor and even that's a push. I don't care about them trying to make him more human, if his wife (assuming he'll still have a wife and son) or any colleagues recognised his mouth and his eyes that could cause problems with the whole "you butchered my dead husband/friend".

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, here we go! let the shitty redesign commence!...That already blows one of the biggest and most powerful reveals of the story..See this things gonna be shit.They need too call it something else..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
abbath-demonaz
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote

I will bet on a "Raiden-like" Robocop...

RB 4

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
Yeah, here we go! let the shitty redesign commence!...That already blows one of the biggest and most powerful reveals of the story..See this things gonna be shit.They need too call it something else..

Couldn't have said it better. Like I've said before, I'm sure it'll be a good movie. Just not a good RoboCop movie. They've got it all backward. Maybe they should call it POCOBOR. huh what

RB 1391

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote

I've been waiting for you Vegas. I agree with you in part though mate but I'm not putting it down just yet.

You know, I never thought of Raiden. We are all probably thinking of the traditional Robo helmet but could be getting something completely different. Still, It's hard to go by what has been said without any artwork to support it.

RB 17812

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote

Consider this,When Kevin Smith and Tim Burton started too work on Superman they destroyed almost everything inheritly Superman about the suit..Opting for an obscure Man of Steel suit that they choose too fiber optically light....Too the movie going public this would not have been the Superman everyone know's and loves..Now this afflication has come too Robo a redsign clearly is not needed or welcome the Armor is Iconic when you say Robocop people remember the visor,leg holster,and Murphy removeing his helmet..This is a major mis step for this production and one that really makes no sense..The shades of things too come..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
Consider this,When Kevin Smith and Tim Burton started too work on Superman they destroyed almost everything inheritly Superman about the suit..Opting for an obscure Man of Steel suit that they choose too fiber optically light....Too the movie going public this would not have been the Superman everyone know's and loves..Now this afflication has come too Robo a redsign clearly is not needed or welcome the Armor is Iconic when you say Robocop people remember the visor,leg holster,and Murphy removeing his helmet..This is a major mis step for this production and one that really makes no sense..The shades of things too come..

Believe me, I don't want a change in look. But, as long as it doesn't look like my left bollock with a face drawn on I can accept it. I don't see why were getting our panties in a bunch just yet.

We'll save that for the first images of the suit...

RB 17812

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard