New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Some reboot casting news?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote

Not sure what to think of this...no, actually I'm tired of thinking about this so here's the rumor(?)
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=57834

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:53 am Reply with quote

The article POCOBOR found :
Edward Norton is circling to, fittingly enough, play the role of Norton, the brilliant mastermind behind bringing Robocop to life...Also circling are Gael Garcia Bernal and Rebecca Hall in strong supporting roles. Bernal would look to be cast as Jack Lewis, Alex’s dashingly handsome police partner who eventually begins a relationship with Hall’s character, Clara, Alex’s former wife before his transformation into Robocop.

There is strong interest in Sean Penn to assume the role of Novack, a right-wing news reporter who sticks to his guns when it comes to his political views.

Interesting if true. The news reporter aspect could work and suggests some sattire within the movie and I wouldn't mind seeing how that would play out. Having Murphy's partner make a move on his wife is different and supports the more human aspect they seem to be throwing about that the moment. It could also really work as a source of torment for poor Murphy which was something that was shown in Robo 2 but not devoloped enough. Also, what's with the name change to Murphy's wife? It seems like to much of a "Hollywood" name if you get my meaning but I do like the way they're keeping the name Lewis for murphy's partner, even if it is a man. The choices are a bit too pretty though. Get me Clint Eastwood in a role so that there is a real man in the film.

Fuck, I try not to get excited with new news but it happens. Damn you POCOBOR.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote

I know exactly what you mean, Josh. I get super pumped when I see new news like this but that's only because my childish robocop mind can't quite grasp the fact that someone is currently in the process of raping my childhood. I really want to believe that the powers that be are hearing our disdain for this universal soldier movie that they're calling RoboCop and are seriously considering at LEAST Being faithful to the basic original design but I seriously doubt it.
I also have no doubt that this will probably be a pretty solid flick but in the end this just ain't fair.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Junko
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

Comment: I'm a Japanese woman who loves to draw and dance. Check my robo artwork, please!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:00 am Reply with quote

Josh :
The article POCOBOR found :
Bernal would look to be cast as Jack Lewis, Alex’s dashingly handsome police partner who eventually begins a relationship with Hall’s character, Clara, Alex’s former wife before his transformation into Robocop.

Is this the meaning that Lewis would be male?
And that partner would have a relationship with Murphy's wife?
If so, that'd be really suck story for me... oh dear

I think Murphy's partner should be female...

RB 859

indianajones-figure
Yarbles
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:03 am Reply with quote

Sounds a lot like The Walking Dead to me....

RB 3527

beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote

4 Top actors acting together with Joel Kinnaman? don't count on it SCUM!

Remember the news about the role for ROBOCOP:Chris Pine, Michael C. Hall, Michael Fassbender and Russel Crowe.

MGM went for Joel Kinnaman. Sad

RB 5831

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote

I hope they do cast it like this they should cast Ashton Kutchner also and Miley Cyrus...Geez F' this movie...I kickin Jose's ass..Count on it..In my Robosuit..With Basil's music blareing out my boombox!..Then I'm throwing down the cardboard and going electric boogaloo on his franchise destroyin ass..Smile.Word

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote

Edward Norton is an excellent character, and I think he would be an interesting and excellent choice for the role. He's probably the best supporting actor one could ask for. I really hope they cast him.

Of course, I know there's not a fucking chance in hell of this happening so I'm gonna stop thinking about it and wank into a sock, which is a much more productive use of time.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote

Norton playing RoboCop's creator named Norton. Not Morton? An error or deliberate change? And Jack Lewis? Well, I guess they had to name SOMEONE Jack, it is required by law to have a Jack in American productions, I'm just surprised they did not rename Alex Murphy to Jack Murphy. Or Jack Stone. That is one hell of a manly name!

The love triangle with Murphy's wife and partner could be some good stuff potentially. Not NEW or original by any means but could be good juicy stuff if handled correctly. But not sure about having a male Lewis. Doesn't feel right somehow.

Either way, this all comes down to the suit for me. Without an acceptable suit this movie means nothing to me. If it isn't RoboCop I'm not jumping on this train.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
beer
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Norton playing RoboCop's creator named Norton. Not Morton? An error or deliberate change? And Jack Lewis? Well, I guess they had to name SOMEONE Jack, it is required by law to have a Jack in American productions, I'm just surprised they did not rename Alex Murphy to Jack Murphy. Or Jack Stone. That is one hell of a manly name!

The love triangle with Murphy's wife and partner could be some good stuff potentially. Not NEW or original by any means but could be good juicy stuff if handled correctly. But not sure about having a male Lewis. Doesn't feel right somehow.

Either way, this all comes down to the suit for me. Without an acceptable suit this movie means nothing to me. If it isn't RoboCop I'm not jumping on this train.

In ROBOCOP prime directives there wasn't a lewis too, we had Cable.
isn't it correct that lewis talked about here brother in ROBOCOP 2? i thought she said he was also a cop. She said that in the car, at the moment ROBOCOP was fucked up by doktor Fax.

RB 5831

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Cable was Murphy's partner before he got transferred so it all works chronologically. (And a male cop partner was the least of Robo:PD's problems. Wink )
Having a MALE Lewis though, that feels like they just erased OUR Lewis from history. Or something. If true it's gonna upset our crazed Lewis fans for sure.

As for Anne Lewis's brother, he was mentioned in Robo3, but not in 2 as far as I can recall. And it is only revealed that he "never calls" not that he is a cop..?

beer :

isn't it correct that lewis talked about here brother in ROBOCOP 2? i thought she said he was also a cop. She said that in the car, at the moment ROBOCOP was fucked up by doktor Fax.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
beer
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote

I agree with Archive about the suit. But if they changed their mind because of the negative reactions last week on the net, We still have a problem. If they use the orginal suit again and update it, The Problem is Kinnaman! he's to tall for the suit.

Peter Weller and Robert burker were both 6' (1.83 m) Kinneman is 6' 2½" (1.89 m)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1172478/bio

RB 5831

beer
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Cable was Murphy's partner before he got transferred so it all works chronologically. (And a male cop partner was the least of Robo:PD's problems. Wink )
Having a MALE Lewis though, that feels like they just erased OUR Lewis from history. Or something. If true it's gonna upset our crazed Lewis fans for sure.

As for Anne Lewis's brother, he was mentioned in Robo3, but not in 2 as far as I can recall. And it is only revealed that he "never calls" not that he is a cop..?

beer :

It seems you are correct.

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/robocoplewis/anne_lewis.htm

RB 5831

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote

beer :
I agree with Archive about the suit. But if they changed their mind because of the negative reactions last week on the net, We still have a problem. If they use the orginal suit again and update it, The Problem is Kinnaman! he's to tall for the suit.

Even if they were gonna stick close to the original design, they're gonna build a new suit. I don't see any way in hell that they'd use the original suit. It's their way...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard