New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop 2 - Workprint
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Colek
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on workprint version of Robocop 2? I like this one, it has many different shoots and extra scenes, but has missing scenes and FX (which looks funny sometimes).

I was thinking of making Redux Robocop 2, with all footage. Maybe someday I will. Smile

RB 28

chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote

I have the workprint.

They should've kept in the shower scene and the scene where Angie is showing Robo his own foot. More Angie is always a good thing.

RB 856

game-xbox
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote

The Robo2 workprint is interesting, but contains very little that makes it TOO different from the finished product.

It has 1 or 2 actual deleted scenes. Everything else is extended ones and have much of the same editing. The RoboCop1 music is very temporary and rarely fits the scene. I like it for it's work in progress aspect but it's not mindblowing as such.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:38 am Reply with quote

Back when Robocop 2 came out, I remember an issue of Starlog, I believe it was that, anyways there was a picture of murphy visiting his grave, what ever happened to that scene? Is it on the workprint?

RB 1031

Colek
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:57 am Reply with quote

This scene isn't in workprint version, sadly.

RB 28

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote

Such bullshit. Because that would have been one of those character beats that would have set it appart from the theatrical version.

RB 249

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 am Reply with quote

Just curious, does anyone have a link to the workprint?

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote

^ I hope so...

I remember seeing the shower scene somewhere and thought 'wow that should have been in the movie'

RB 4892

Ed-260
NOF
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Who told you how?

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:15 am Reply with quote

I'd always envisaged the graveyard sequence as being the reason he decided to electrocute himself to get rid of the commands from Faxx.

Just have that playing through his mind while the viewer hears Lewis argue with the technicians about the possibilities of removing the commands themselves.

RB 534

comic2-robocop game-xbox arcade2-robocop2 Doom robocop3-fanboy
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote

I'm interested to see if there's still a workprint from RoboCop 1, especially if they haven't included the soundtrack and used some music from The Terminator like in the original trailer.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quote

NOF :
I'd always envisaged the graveyard sequence as being the reason he decided to electrocute himself to get rid of the commands from Faxx.

Just have that playing through his mind while the viewer hears Lewis argue with the technicians about the possibilities of removing the commands themselves.

That's a nice thought, but I believe the scenes original inclusion was to be while he was in limbo after being dismantled by Cain and crew and before his repair and the uploading of the crazy command program. I figure that sequence would probably have been before he went 'critical' in the film and had to be moved.

That said, I've always wondered how it might have added to the whole feel of the film. I don't think it would have worked in R1, but R2 it might have been something.. I don't know though.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote

Do you think this movie still could be from a deleted scenes ?
According to the cloths, weapon and background...
I guess it was just before Hob and Angie are escaping during the police raid.
Maybe Angie didn't want to leave Cain despite the emergency of the situation,
and Hob needed a driver and insisted.

RB 1199

game-xbox
chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quote

I've never seen that picture before that's great! <3 Angie

If you got script details it'd be great to see them!

RB 856

game-xbox
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:13 am Reply with quote

http://robocop2directive5.blogspot.fr/

RB 1199

game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Picture and Video Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard