New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Official OMNICORP site online - New ED-209 design
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote

Sony has launched a OMNICORP website to tie in with the new RoboCop movie coming 2013. So far the site has a video and image of a redesigned ED-209 as well as a hint of how the new RoboCop suit will look like. Check it out!

http://www.omnicorp.com/

+ a Facebook site for ROBOCOP 2013! https://www.facebook.com/Omnicorp by Sony pictures and MGM.

You like it Guys? the new design of ED-209, ROBOCOP 2000,The drone!

The whole original ROBOCOP armor is gone Sad the site also looks a bit cheap and it reminds me of the new Total Recall movie.

The rating for Robocop 2000? PG-13 or R-Rated?

discuss!

RB 5831

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote

While new new ED-209 design is a bit generic for my liking I can see some parts which are similar to the original design like the shoulder flaps. ED also looks bigger so my guess is that it won't play a huge part in the movie but will be referenced as a military product. However I could be wrong but none-the-less it's good to see some news and progress.

Also notice the news cast in the upper right corner which mentions wide spread chaos/riots in Dallas, San Francisco and Detroit. Also, when it comes to the OmniCorp logo it's good to see it's design is not too far removed from the original OCP one.

And I noticed under "projects in devlopment" that there is a unit named "RC-2000" with the text "When Human Resources Meet
Robotic Engineering". I'm guessing this is the shoulder of our new RoboCop.

I would like to see a whole picture though.

And Beer, a Public trust for you good sir.

Also, click the website header to see a video displaying their products including ED, some drones and their new RC-2000

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Ponteral
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Well, I don't know what to think about it.. but For me this new design of ED-209... Sad I have bad feelings about new RoboCop, more then before...

RB 819

auto9 dvd-20th
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote

Well that was quick on Sony's behalf...

So far I see what I expected to see and I'm not liking it. I realize it's not the 80's anymore, but all these slick designs really don't do it for me... It's nice to see that they did keep some of ED's elements on there.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote

I have to say... I hate it.

This is exactly what I thought they were gonna do. We have a completely redesigned ED-209 (and even a new name!) and redesigned suit, It looks too flashy and futuristic and for me it just ruins the whole concept of RoboCop. It screams I, Robot/Iron Man. Bad idea.

I'm so disappointed to have seen that website and that promo video. Sadly, what has been seen cannot be unseen. Sad

RB 18145

TechnoCop
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop my ***!

This robot looks like a weapon from Battletech.

Please do not send more updates about this shameful movie. This remake is an insult for the fans. oh dear

RB 652

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Well, the transformers design does nothing for me. It is messy and at first glance you don't know what it is you are looking at. In fact I can look at the image now and still don't know exactly what all the stuff is or where it belongs.

It is a far step down from the original ultra cool designs.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
AceAlive1
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote

this looks bad.............really bad.

RB 743

JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Not sure on the design. But then again I'm not anti it.

Loved the product video though.

RB 710

cake
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote

The more I watch that video the more I see little nods to the original although I'm not sold on this design.

For example ED utilises two Cobra cannons and the part where the surgeons/technicians are looking at the camera mirrors the "shall we blank his memory" part from the first film. You could also take note of the launcher behind the left shoulder as there were ideas on the original design to have a motar launcher. The extension on the legs is similar too.

Let's face it guys, this could have been a whole lot worse. Yes it could have been better also but I am looking forward to seeing more stuff. Another note is that I like how they are really showing their units as products. While it was the same case in the original I think this is really going for it in that way.

My main problem with it is that there's too much going on. It's the same problem with the Transformers movies that when they are in motion it's just a mass of metal. I'm also not overly keen on the fact that there looks to be loads of points on ED where he is not defended, all the little nooks and crannies you can see.

Another thing is that I can see how the RC-2000 and ED-209 are part of the same product line (similar aesthetics, mainly in the red lights) but I do find it strange how the RC-2000 looks sleek whereas the ED-209 doesn't. The XT-908 sports the original OCP logo and not the new OmniCorp one so I'm guessing that it's earlier concept art. The wing also says "350" so that's either the individual unit number or further proof of it being older concept art. But the other thing is that again the XT-908 has the similar red light (as seen on the other products) yet looks more contemporary to me rather than near future.

Now where is Vegas?

RB 17812

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote

The suits in Pacific Rim look SO much more like RoboCop than this is gonna look. I like that the satire element is still there. There's no denying that this will look and feel very different than the original(s) but I won't lie; I'm excited about it and I WILL watch it and probably enjoy it but enjoy it the way I enjoy loaded baked potato flavored chips.
Also I hope thats not the finished animation for the ED-209. It looks like 90's CGI.
Here are the Pacific Rim suits:
http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads//2012/07/pacific-rim-mech1.jpg?d58414
I think Guillermo Del Toro should be directing RoboCop, by the way.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote

I dont get why Ed has to be sleek in anyway.. Its a military robot, and the military are not in the least bit concerned on how their robots look.

He should look like a walking tank, period..

The omicorp ad was cute. I guess, I mean, they are catering to all states and cities, so I guess it would be somewhat flashy.
Its funny how the Omicorp logo looks so out of place, against all those "sleek" looking designed robots.
RC-2000.. such a dated name, its obviously not their 2000'th version, and we are way past the year 2000 to name anything as such....

uughhh...

Im gonna really have to stay far away from this..
transformers and its progress, obsessed me and made me miserable for months.

Im too old and tired to let this stuff get under my skin.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote

Hmmm, well the video was kind of neat and the Eddie design looks much better in motion than it did in that terrible still. I am mildly optimistic. Its actually happening!

RB 5960

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote

Burnout :
Hmmm, well the video was kind of neat and the Eddie design looks much better in motion than it did in that terrible still. I am mildly optimistic. Its actually happening!

Good to see you posting Burnout.

I agree that the still does not do it justice. I think that the angle makes it look really cluttered becuase the left gun is right in front of the body.

RB 17812

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard