New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Official OMNICORP site online - New ED-209 design
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:11 pm Reply with quote

I've never had any actual suit experience but I definitely can imagine it being a pain in the ass. And head. And legs. And arms. And mid section. As much as I would love to be watching G4TV and spot somebody representing Robo at SDCC, I don't blame you. I imagine it's hard to snaps pics wearing Robo gloves. I hope you have a good time.
Damn! The Archive is getting some major traffic apparently. Been trying to send this post for a WHILE.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Yeah Logistically The suits a nightmare for a deal like this,The vast number of people and the large area just don't add up too a great time..There's really no walking up stairs or easily negotiateing curbs and steps but i will do something too leave me mark..!

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Yes Vegas. Represent! Don't take any guff from those swine.

RB 10024

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
renefraga
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote

SDCC 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/criterioncast/7552228946/sizes/z/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnomad/7550768542/sizes/z/in/photostream/

RB 10

renefraga
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote

MGM released the official plot details for RoboCop:

“In RoboCop, the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the centre of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilises their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.

Director José Padilha (Elite Squad) reimagines the tale of part man, part machine, all cop starring Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as the title character, Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight Rises) as the scientist who creates RoboCop, and Samuel L. Jackson (The Avengers) as media mogul Pat Novak. RoboCop is being produced by Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman, with Eric Carraro as Executive Producer. The film is currently in pre-production and slated for a summer 2013 release.”

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3153738/san-diego-comic-con-12-mgms-robocop-takes-place-in-2029/

RB 10

Bob Obba
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote

Although not about ED, anyone notice a little inconstancy that the XT drone still sports a wicked OCP tattoo, instead of an OC one?

RB 191

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote

Bob Obba :
Although not about ED, anyone notice a little inconstancy that the XT drone still sports a wicked OCP tattoo, instead of an OC one?

Josh :
The XT-908 sports the original OCP logo and not the new OmniCorp one so I'm guessing that it's earlier concept art.

Yes I did.

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does the Omni Corp logo look incredibly lazy? It's practically the same as the original.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote

Deus Ex Robo :
Is it just me, or does the Omni Corp logo look incredibly lazy? It's practically the same as the original.

I'm happy about that, it's a nice throwback.

I read somewhere that Omni Consumer Products can't be used because it's now a real company.

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:59 am Reply with quote

you mean Pete Hottelet's parody market company?
His company took the name from none other than Verhoeven's classic...

That sounds totally lame as an excuse on Sony's part, if that's what they claim.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:24 am Reply with quote

Seems I'm just a tad bit late on this (just moved, waiting for internet installation) so I'll keep my notes brief, as my points of view have probably already been stated, but here's my initial reaction:

1) I'm happy to see ED back in action. The update suits him well. While it's not the classic design I cherish and love more than most living beings, it will certainly suffice and I admire the effort.

2) The drones make a lot of sense. I like them because they give you that dark political satire, except brought right up to date and folded into the Robocop batter. While I like their inclusion on the website, I hope they only play a minor role in the final film. I don't want to see Robo gunning down drones all third act.

3) The way OCP is represented is quite faithful, from the logo to the presentation. The website captures the public image of OCP as I perceive it from the films, and this is a great foundation point for the remake.

4) Robocop, excuse me, RC-2000, isn't looking so hot. IDK, something about it just looks...weak. Not indestructible like the fellow I recall. I hope this whole RC-2000 thing doesn't mean there's gonna be hundreds of the things (all with Kinnaman's face) running around causing a ruckus. One Robocop is enough, as evidenced by every cyborg ass Robocop has had to kick since his inception.

Overall things are looking up for the franchise, at least in my eyes. Good to know things are still chugging away, and that they're finally getting the word about Robo out. Film looks like it might be halfway decent afterall, which is halfway to my hopes and dreams. Will the film turn out good? As long as it's good enough...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Bob Obba
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote

Although the naming had nothing to do with it, I kinda like how it's the standard corporate renaming and reinvention. If it was a sequel and not a reboot you could see it changing to "Omnicorp" to to shake all the bad PR that "OCP" had gained.

RB 191

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 am Reply with quote

Meh, I think it's the nostalgic imagination taking over in this instance. Then again, it IS a remake. I just haven't felt right since the the real progress of this whole thing Neutral

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
RoboThreat
O-L3

O-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote

I am gonna go see this movie with an open mind, i dont mind what they did with ED-209. but thats just me

RB 449

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard