New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Peter Weller to cameo in Robocop 2013 ???

beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:32 am Reply with quote

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/08/26/robocop-remake-director-jos%C3%A9-padilha-said-to-be-having-major-difficulty-with-product

ROBOCOP Remake Director José Padilha Said to be Facing Major Difficulties with Production

Quote:
Robocop, a remake of the 1987 sci-fi/action film that features a cybernetic law enforcement officer who patrols the streets of Detroit, is currently in production in preparation for theatrical release in 2013.Robocop is being directed by José Padilha (Tropa de Elite/Elite Squad) off a screenplay by Josh Zetumer (Quantum of Solace, The Bourne Legacy) and Nick Schenk (Gran Torino). It stars Joel Kinnaman in the title role, Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Kenneth Williams, Abbie Cornish, Jackie Earle Haley, Jay Baruchel and Peter Weller.

Production details for the film are being kept under wraps, aside from the launching of a viral site several months ago.

It was recently revealed that negotiations with Hugh Laurie (House) -- who was sought after to play the film's yet to be revealed villain -- broke down and the studio is currently pursuing other actors, including Clive Owen. Now, more information has come out courtesy of director Fernando Mereilles (City of God) who is close friends and a collaborator of Robocop helmer Padilha:

- Nice out of ten of Padilha’s ideas are being rejected

- He’s fighting, and it’s making him bitter.

- The experience is described as “hell.”

- But Mereilles believes the film will still be good.

A slew of details (mostly bad) about the film's story line and major changes to the original were released by journalist Drew McWeeny in a script review via his Twitter account several weeks ago. That can be found HERE, but be warned it is spoiler heavy.

Robocop will be released in theaters August 9th, 2013.

In RoboCop, the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the centre of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilises their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.

RB 5831

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote

I had a dream where the RC-2000 was not even called Alex Murphy and he was a SWAT member, yet still referred to as Detective.

I shit you not.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote

To be honest I'd rather not see Weller in it, unless he's playing Robocop.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
To be honest I'd rather not see Weller in it, unless he's playing Robocop.

I'm with you Pimp.

I find when an actor appears in a remake who starred in the original really jarring.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote

It's probably just an error. He didn't exactly have nice things to say about the reboot. If I remember correctly it was something along the lines of "I could give a s@$!"

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
AK
DC-L1

DC-L1

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote

I seriously doubt Weller would have anything to do with the reboot/remake/whatever... He's been trying for too long to distance himself from the franchise. If, and I mean IF this film was ever made and Weller made a cameo, I would probably jump up and down like a teenage girl who's daddy just bought her a car.

RB 3069

alien-pulse-rifle
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:21 am Reply with quote

I also would not like to see Weller in this.
But I heard him say that all he cares about nowadays is money, so we might see him as the guy who analyzes the old suit and makes fun of it.
They probably think this is humor in its purest form.
It just makes me sick. If this stuff is true, you know they focus on the wrong things.
It might just not be my kind of humor, but I never liked to see an original actor in a remake.

RB 787

game-xbox
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote

A cameo done right, for me that is fine, but one done badly just comes across as stupid!

Though from reading the tag line, it sounds to me more like a remake of Cyborg Cop than RoboCop!

RB 2548

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
Ngtaj88
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote

I think it would be cool if Weller's cameo appearance was the dude in the police department that says "what..is..this..shit?"

RB 74

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:51 am Reply with quote

If he does make a cameo, he should some how say one of his lines from the hard easy.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:14 am Reply with quote

beer :
In RoboCop, the year is 2029

So, just before humans win the war against SkyNet? :P

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard